Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!
  • Win a 2018 CTS-V Championship Edition from Dream Giveaway!

Complete Details: Win a 2018 CTS-V Championship Edition from Dream Giveaway!
  • I know that lately, we've gained a lot of new members which is awesome and a lot of those new members are coming from other forums that may use vBulletin and their Private Message (PM) system. Here, we use the XenForo forum software which is (IMHO) much better than vBulletin. The "Conversation" system here is the same as the PM system on vBulletin. So if you want to PM another member, just click their username in a post, and click on "Start Conversation". To see all of your PMs, click on your profile and go to Inbox. Hope this helps.

Product Review: 2011 Cadillac CTS-V vs 2012 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG

Product Review announcement

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
2011 Cadillac CTS-V vs 2012 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG

Superwagon Showdown: Batman and Superman of the Wagon World Go to War

February 07, 2012
By Jonny Lieberman
Motor Trend Magazine

Meet the Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG Wagon and the Cadillac CTS-V Sport Wagon. On the family tree of high-performance station wagons, each of these newcomers can trace their lineage directly back to the AMG Hammer Wagon. But somewhere along the way, there was a split. The Cadillac inherited the sinister, murdered-out looks, and the E63 kept the AMG name as well as the three-pointed star. Both got power up the yazoo and the yin-yang. I've already laid out my cards above, but to me, these two machines rank quite high among the very most desirable cars in the world. Should I live 50 more years, I'll still be talking about them. I am of course in the extreme minority. The proof: The Cadillac and AMG wagons are the absolute rarest products General Motors and Mercedes-Benz produce, period. Not only are there more Corvette ZR1s than CTS-V Wagons, there are more SLS AMG Gullwings than there ever will be E63 AMG Wagons. Both are essentially special-order only.

Full Story: 2011 Cadillac CTS-V vs 2012 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG - Motor Trend

Tuna

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'11 V Wagon, ( '13 427 Vette & '14 ATS)
Thanks Rob. Nice article.

Comments: Vagon is a blast to drive. Mine is a manual also and I love it. Mine is Clark Kent also as it's red with polished wheels - not the Darth Vader black that MT has.

Guess my butt fits the Recaros - or vice versa - just fine as I love them. While open road runs are nearly as hard on the car as driving a road course lap after lap, I still spend 30+ minutes at speed each run.

And, I saved $40K+ over the AMG. I'll use that saving to make a down payment on my next Vette.

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partner Sites

Top Bottom