Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Help! 2008 sts v

Need help topic

Frankie29ny

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2007 sts v
need help just bought a 2008 sts v after selling my 2007 sts v the issue im having while driving my guages get real bright all the guages fall out service eng soon is diplayed service ac is displayed it does it 3-4 times dont loose power while this happens anyone else experince and if so what was the fix

need help just bought a 2008 sts v after selling my 2007 sts v the issue im having while driving my guages get real bright all the guages fall out service eng soon is diplayed service ac is displayed it does it 3-4 times dont loose power while this happens anyone else experince and if so what was the fix

I have had similar issues with my car.
First thing would be to point out that if you pull over and disconnect the battery and reset the system (ground positive cable to negative cable with no power source) the systems will reset and likely your issue will go away as quickly as it appeared.

While this is most frusterating it indicates you have a short somewhere in the system or at least thats what it indicated in my case.
Had to leave the car with the dealership for several weeks for them to track it down and in the end they found one of two. They were able to repair the first within the wiring. The second they were not so successful with. Turns out it was a constant hot draw from the bose amplifier which believe it or not is tied into most everything in the damn car. Without it you dont even have the ticking noise of the turn signals. Unfortunately the $1800 replacement price was not covered by my extended warranty so for right now I'm enjoying the sounds of the engine over anything else I may have previously heard.

For reference I have also had issues in the past with several thermostats sticking open or closed (3x replaced now) a temperature sender that needed to be replaced, electrical fans motors burned up from running constantly and other issues related to the blower motor resistor.

Needless to say if you have been a STS-V owner in the past you know these cars are uber complicated, not cheap to maintain and easy to work on however no matter how I still occasionally struggle with these facts i still find it hard to part with it. Its a good looking car with a great deal of power especially considering the lack of displacement. On a good day with cold air I've had mine up to 150 without even breaking stride. On a bad day its barely wanted to start due to a series of poor grounds. Still on the open highway I can get 22-25mpg. Better if I draft off the tractor trailer in front of me and it somehow makes it all seem worthwhile compared to the 8-10mpg in town. Especially when sitting in a crowd of 1st and 2nd generation CTS-V's everyone asks what my car is. Its fun to have something unique.

My advice: if you cant figure it out and dont have a buddy with a shop and good tools suck it up, pay the 100-150 diagnostic fee and have the nearest cadillac dealer look into it for you. If you have them fix it they'll warranty the repair (usually 12mo unlimited mileage) and waive the diagnostic feel. If you dont have them fix it and instead try to do it yourself at least you know what your aiming for vs. shooting in the dark.

I've played this game for years now and I still love the car. Hopefully you will too.
Good luck!!:cool:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners