Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

0500 order status

I remember the first year ford was releasing the shelby 500. I must have made 400 phone calls trying to get on a dealer list for one. Many of the greedy bastards tried to do auctions for highest over msrp bidders while others simply set over msrp amounts. All bs if you ask me. Anyway the reservation process seemed up front like a great thing, providing you are lucky to land on it and of course don’t have one of those bastards trying to steal from you. But hearing how the non lucky folks have to secure a car it goes right back to the shelby……needed to just find one of those dealers who will get them. Unfortunately no one was told this. The process was if you dont make the reservation simply get pht on the waitlist…..that in many cases ends the process right there with that dealer never getting one. I feel the pain. If only it was explained up front…..
In speaking with a manager at cadillac dealership and with his past experience and along with the chip shortage. Cadillac has been doing a lot research into the demand for the blackwing. He also explained cadillac wants to do there best at keeping these vehicles limited production but building enough to meet the orders. He also explained cadillac knows that some of the pre orders people will drop there orders and those allocations will be come available and he explained cadillac would want to fill those open spots with people on the wait list or currently have submitted my 22 orders. He also went on say that the first 250 have to be built and so many unknowns with that. I also know that there has been other brands of vehicles that have kinda followed this path before. And yes the managed stated every Thursday is the day they get updated information for the allocations they submitted to cadillac for.

Cadillac has handled this release terribly......I still ask, WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THE WAITLIST THAT WE SIGNED UP FOR? I'd love to have that question answered by anyone who works for GM. I don't believe that anyone on the waitlist has received any email other than the first one that was send out when you initially joined the waitlist on February 1st.

The reservation process was a pretty good idea. Obviously for those of us in it. I don’t necessarily think we can blame Cadillac for the rest. I believe the complications come in due to privately owned dealerships and the already determined arrangements they have with Cadillac. Same exists for most other brands. Could and should it have been a better process- absolutely. But we don’t know the facts and what they are up against. Their job is to make cars. In this case what are awesome ones in limited quantities and create excitement around them. Job well done. What controls they have outside of this are probably very blurry. It’s just all unfortunate. However, this is a two year run so as previously stated, call any dealer you can find that will be getting allocated cars. I have to believe there will be cars available.

The waitlist vs dealer allocations has been a cluster! Thankful that I was in the 1st 250 / 500 although, I’m not counting my chickens until I sign on the dotted line.

The reservation process was a pretty good idea. Obviously for those of us in it. I don’t necessarily think we can blame Cadillac for the rest. I believe the complications come in due to privately owned dealerships and the already determined arrangements they have with Cadillac. Same exists for most other brands. Could and should it have been a better process- absolutely. But we don’t know the facts and what they are up against. Their job is to make cars. In this case what are awesome ones in limited quantities and create excitement around them. Job well done. What controls they have outside of this are probably very blurry. It’s just all unfortunate. However, this is a two year run so as previously stated, call any dealer you can find that will be getting allocated cars. I have to believe there will be cars available.
on the contrary, Cadillac is exactly who is to blame for the waitlist issue...again, what was the point of the waitlist if there has been zero communication. Are the waitlist people going to get an email telling us to locate a dealer with an available allocation to go purchase one that has already been spec'd out by the dealer? After tons of other customers have already gone to those dealers and put deposits on "hopeful allocations"....the waitlist didn't make any sense. Cadillac should have scrubbed the waitlist and emailed those customers to give them direction on what they needed to do.
I spec'd one out and ordered it in February on my own but not everyone who signed up for the waitlist did that most likely because they weren't given any direction from Cadillac.

on the contrary, Cadillac is exactly who is to blame for the waitlist issue...again, what was the point of the waitlist if there has been zero communication. Are the waitlist people going to get an email telling us to locate a dealer with an available allocation to go purchase one that has already been spec'd out by the dealer? After tons of other customers have already gone to those dealers and put deposits on "hopeful allocations"....the waitlist didn't make any sense. Cadillac should have scrubbed the waitlist and emailed those customers to give them direction on what they needed to do.
I spec'd one out and ordered it in February on my own but not everyone who signed up for the waitlist did that most likely because they weren't given any direction from Cadillac.
I think cadillac started out only planning to build 250 of ct4v and 250 of ct5v bw. Then cadillac was like maybe we could make more money let's just see what happens and see if this is going to be worth making more money. Then things fell apart because more people want the vehicles than cadillac anticipated. Then the chip shortage comes on top of that.

Exactly. I eventually figured it out for myself after about 10 calls to my local dealer and got my order in by March. I’m still optimistic that it’s going to work out but also prepared if it doesn’t.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back