Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

0500 order status

marfan

RiftGang
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
5BW
Like several others here I signed up for the waitlist day 1. I have been to the dealer, agreed on pricing and configured a car, but my event code continues to be "0500". Based on what I have read, I suspect this means that my configuration was created and saved in the GM workbench, but the dealer has not actually submitted it as an order - which should make it an "1100" event code. Am I understanding this correctly, or do I have it all wrong?

That sounds correct and probably proper. 1100 can give false hope and then when there's no allocation...

This is latest information I received from Cadillac representative regarding waitlist orders.

The first 250 reservations have priority over subsequent orders. Blackwings have just started to get scheduled by production to honor these reservations. We are not able to guarantee whether or not your order will be filled as a waitlist customer. It will depend on how many vehicles will be allocated to this dealership after the first 250 reservations have been filled.

If you are second on the dealer’s waitlist and 2 or more Blackwings are allocated to this dealership, then you are in a good spot. But Cadillac cannot answer the question of how many Blackwings this dealership will be allocated. You will have to continue working with the dealer as they should have a good idea of how many they expect to get beyond the reservations.

Sincerely,
Jenine
Cadillac Executive Resolution Team

Thanks. I placed my order with the general manager, which at the time I thought was special, but since then getting information has been kind of a PITA so I'm wishing I was working with a salesperson!

Like several others here I signed up for the waitlist day 1. I have been to the dealer, agreed on pricing and configured a car, but my event code continues to be "0500". Based on what I have read, I suspect this means that my configuration was created and saved in the GM workbench, but the dealer has not actually submitted it as an order - which should make it an "1100" event code. Am I understanding this correctly, or do I have it all wrong?
Wait list orders will be filled according to the number of allocation a dealership will receive after preorder reservation. It is very hard to tell which dealerships met the guidelines and according to how many allocations each dealership will receive. Cadillac is saying these vehicles will be limited produce. I am interested to see how Cadillac defines this statement and secondly how will every fall on the wait list if there is only a limited number made.

Thanks. I placed my order with the general manager, which at the time I thought was special, but since then getting information has been kind of a PITA so I'm wishing I was working with a salesperson!
This is what I asked my dealership to do as soon as they get the correct number of allocations for the bw to please let know. So either I can make plans or see what other options I may have.

Do I have this right?

Following all of these conversations the last month to now find out with some certainty it didn’t matter where (place in line) you were on the waitlist it only matters if your dealer of choice was able to get an allocation. Just a little bit sucks. I truly feel bad for anyone who is being left out because of this.
One would have thought in order of waitlisted each person would have been matched to a dealer getting the car. Or better yet the dealer you chose gets selected because of how you were waitlisted.

Do I have this right?

Following all of these conversations the last month to now find out with some certainty it didn’t matter where (place in line) you were on the waitlist it only matters if your dealer of choice was able to get an allocation. Just a little bit sucks. I truly feel bad for anyone who is being left out because of this.
One would have thought in order of waitlisted each person would have been matched to a dealer getting the car. Or better yet the dealer you chose gets selected because of how you were waitlisted.
The first 250 reservations have priority over subsequent orders. Blackwings have just started to get scheduled by production to honor these reservations. We are not able to guarantee whether or not your order will be filled as a waitlist customer. It will depend on how many vehicles will be allocated to this dealership after the first 250 reservations have been filled.

If you are second on the dealer’s waitlist and 2 or more Blackwings are allocated to this dealership, then you are in a good spot. But Cadillac cannot answer the question of how many Blackwings this dealership will be allocated. You will have to continue working with the dealer as they should have a good idea of how many they expect to get beyond the reservations.

Sincerely,
Jenine
Cadillac Executive Resolution Team

Update:

Have confirmed that an 0500 order status means you DO NOT have an order - only 'Order Configuration Accepted' per the GM event codes list. The dealer has saved it as a valid configuration and nothing else. Cadillac.com chat told me as much - I forgot to copy it but to paraphrase they said "Cadillac will not build a car with this order status - contact your dealer".

My 'dealer' kept my CT5 order in that status for eight weeks. I was 'first' on their list as per an email from the General Manager. This past weekend, they used their first allocation to order a car for inventory, so my 0500 order and Feb 1 waitlist spot mean zilch. The story goes on but I have since located another dealer and have an 1100 order.

@arod221 @ominous @RupertH - please touch base with your dealer and confirm they are holding your reservation in good faith. It's literally one button push from them to make your order 1100.

1625190505921.png

Update:

Have confirmed that an 0500 order status means you DO NOT have an order - only 'Order Configuration Accepted' per the GM event codes list. The dealer has saved it as a valid configuration and nothing else. Cadillac.com chat told me as much - I forgot to copy it but to paraphrase they said "Cadillac will not build a car with this order status - contact your dealer".

My 'dealer' kept my CT5 order in that status for eight weeks. I was 'first' on their list as per an email from the General Manager. This past weekend, they used their first allocation to order a car for inventory, so my 0500 order and Feb 1 waitlist spot mean zilch. The story goes on but I have since located another dealer and have an 1100 order.

@arod221 @ominous @RupertH - please touch base with your dealer and confirm they are holding your reservation in good faith. It's literally one button push from them to make your order 1100.

View attachment 3603
An 1100 without an allocation is equal to a 0500.

An 1100 without an allocation is equal to a 0500.
I get that, but is an 1100 equal to an 0500 when there is an allocation? Does GM/Cadillac decide when it gets moved to 2000/3000, or is that still up to the dealer?

I get that, but is an 1100 equal to an 0500 when there is an allocation? Does GM/Cadillac decide when it gets moved to 2000/3000, or is that still up to the dealer?
That would be GM/Cadillac at that point. Having a waitlist and having dealer allocations seem to be opposing forces. 🤦🏻‍♂️

That would be GM/Cadillac at that point. Having a waitlist and having dealer allocations seem to be opposing forces. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yeah, this is ludicrous. My dad missed the first 250 on the 5s and put himself on the waitlist. He never heard anything again, not even to say "hey, go put in a preliminary order," so he never did. By the time I read about people doing that on here and told him he should go do it, he figured it was too late so he just went and ordered an M3 instead (currently on a boat, we'll see who gets their car first). Now it sounds like people are walking in off the street and getting cars or, even worse, dealers are using allocations to fill inventory slots. Why even bother with the waitlist? I'm excited for my car, but Cadillac really botched this process.

Yeah, this is ludicrous. My dad missed the first 250 on the 5s and put himself on the waitlist. He never heard anything again, not even to say "hey, go put in a preliminary order," so he never did. By the time I read about people doing that on here and told him he should go do it, he figured it was too late so he just went and ordered an M3 instead (currently on a boat, we'll see who gets their car first). Now it sounds like people are walking in off the street and getting cars or, even worse, dealers are using allocations to fill inventory slots. Why even bother with the waitlist? I'm excited for my car, but Cadillac really botched this process.
What kind of a deal did he get on the M3. They wanted $10k over MSRP when I put some feelers out.

What kind of a deal did he get on the M3. They wanted $10k over MSRP when I put some feelers out.
MSRP. He's trading an F83 M4 though and going through the same dealership where he bought/services it, so I think their desire to get that into their cert preowned inventory may have played a role. Get their profit one way or another...

Same here. I signed up on the waitlist on 2/1 after the 250 sold out. I never heard anything again, I called my dealer and spoke to someone. I never heard back from him either so I contacted the GM a few weeks later. The sales manager called me back and informed me the person I spoke to had left the dealership. They put me in contact with another salesman and I finally submitted my order on 3/26.

I reach out to my salesman now and then but of course there's no news about my order, allocations, nothing. He told me a few weeks ago not to worry, I'm the only one with an order at this dealer. Then the last time we spoke he said there are 4 orders total. I don't know where I stand in the hierarchy or anything else for that matter. Very frustrating. This would be my second new Caddy since 2018.

I almost purchased an M3 before my V3 last time. It may actually happen this time.

My initial paperwork says 1100, which was probably WB automatically accepting the order. This suggests the dealer 'pushed the button' and the automation took the order, but then it was kicked back due to allocation games...

Been a loyal GM customer for years, and I was thinking of replacing our Enclave with an XT6 next year... Guess I'll have to start researching alternatives now!

I remember the first year ford was releasing the shelby 500. I must have made 400 phone calls trying to get on a dealer list for one. Many of the greedy bastards tried to do auctions for highest over msrp bidders while others simply set over msrp amounts. All bs if you ask me. Anyway the reservation process seemed up front like a great thing, providing you are lucky to land on it and of course don’t have one of those bastards trying to steal from you. But hearing how the non lucky folks have to secure a car it goes right back to the shelby……needed to just find one of those dealers who will get them. Unfortunately no one was told this. The process was if you dont make the reservation simply get pht on the waitlist…..that in many cases ends the process right there with that dealer never getting one. I feel the pain. If only it was explained up front…..

I remember the first year ford was releasing the shelby 500. I must have made 400 phone calls trying to get on a dealer list for one. Many of the greedy bastards tried to do auctions for highest over msrp bidders while others simply set over msrp amounts. All bs if you ask me. Anyway the reservation process seemed up front like a great thing, providing you are lucky to land on it and of course don’t have one of those bastards trying to steal from you. But hearing how the non lucky folks have to secure a car it goes right back to the shelby……needed to just find one of those dealers who will get them. Unfortunately no one was told this. The process was if you dont make the reservation simply get pht on the waitlist…..that in many cases ends the process right there with that dealer never getting one. I feel the pain. If only it was explained up front…..
I had a similar experience regarding the GT350R.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back