Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

“New” Car with 155 Miles

I purchased a new C8 with 100 miles on it in Florida last year. I questioned the General Manager on why so many miles. I was told the car was selected for quality control testing (which is a thing but only adds 15 miles at most). I purchased the car. A month later I found a registration in the manual in the glove box indicating that I wasn't the first purchaser. It seems the car was sold "spot delivery" as was returned when buyer couldn't get financing. The car is allowed to be sold as new in Florida as long as the dealer informs the second buyer. They didn't notify me and my attorney ate them for lucnch.

Does anyone honestly think that car with 155 miles has never been pushed at WOT or redlined? I think the autos might keep the car from exceeding the break-in rev limiter, but the manuals do not.

I wouldn't be concerned with 155 miles or 200 miles on a car as long as you are not planning to keep the car past its warranty.

There is no break-in rev limiter.
I only own manual, and as posted, am not sure about auto. I thought I read the autos will not let the RPM rise above 4500 or whatever it is for the first 500 miles.

But as I said, on the manual, it is up to the driver.

I only own manual, and as posted, am not sure about auto. I thought I read the autos will not let the RPM rise above 4500 or whatever it is for the first 500 miles.

But as I said, on the manual, it is up to the driver.
I have an auto 5BW and can confirm that the first 499 miles keeps the redline at 4500 rpm. At 500 miles it goes up to normal 6500 rpm.

I have an auto 5BW and can confirm that the first 499 miles keeps the redline at 4500 rpm. At 500 miles it goes up to normal 6500 rpm.

I think you guys are confusing the color on the tachometer with what the car will let you do. Yes, the "redline" is 4500 miles for the first 500 miles, It does that on the manual car as well. But that is just a guide, a recommendation, as the car does not prevent the engine from going past that.

I think you guys are confusing the color on the tachometer with what the car will let you do. Yes, the "redline" is 4500 miles for the first 500 miles, It does that on the manual car as well. But that is just a guide, a recommendation, as the car does not prevent the engine from going past that.
As I stated in my message, confirming the “redline” was showing 4500 rpm for the first 499 miles. I didn’t check if the engine would let me do more than the redline. No reason to try to exceed the “redline.” Maybe you did?

Not sure what you mean about “4500 miles for the first 500 miles” 🙃

As I stated in my message, confirming the “redline” was showing 4500 rpm for the first 499 miles. I didn’t check if the engine would let me do more than the redline. No reason to try to exceed the “redline.” Maybe you did?

Not sure what you mean about “4500 miles for the first 500 miles” 🙃
Typo. 4500 RPM.

I was trying to clarify the situation in case someone were to interpret your posts as meaning that the car would limit the driver to 4500 RPM, which it will not.

Exactly and one of the most misunderstood facts posted on Facebook almost every day.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back