Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

“New” Car with 155 Miles

RDATLTE

FKA: Sticker Boy & CT4-V Blackwing
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing Road Atlanta IMSA Track Edition
What would you think if you found out that a “new” car that you were interested in had 155 miles on it?

What would you think if you found out that a “new” car that you were interested in had 155 miles on it?
I would probably think it's in Texas

By the way, it’s a manual which makes it all the more concerning for me.

As long as it was under 250 miles, I would not care. My Chevrolet ZR2 had over 200 miles on it because it was swapped from Buffalo, NY dealer to my dealer on Long Island, NY. It was quicker and cheaper to drive it across the state. I had bought a used 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee. When I inspected it on a Friday , it had lets say 12,000 miles on it. They told me that the paperwork would be complete on Monday and I could come pick it up. That Monday , I come get the car and I notice that it had 240 more miles on it ! I was like WTF.....the salesguy told me that the manager took it for the weekend skiing and gave it a test ride. I told him to change the warranty mileage coverage to reflect the extra 240.

As long as it was under 250 miles, I would not care. My Chevrolet ZR2 had over 200 miles on it because it was swapped from Buffalo, NY dealer to my dealer on Long Island, NY. It was quicker and cheaper to drive it across the state. I had bought a used 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee. When I inspected it on a Friday , it had lets say 12,000 miles on it. They told me that the paperwork would be complete on Monday and I could come pick it up. That Monday , I come get the car and I notice that it had 240 more miles on it ! I was like WTF.....the salesguy told me that the manager took it for the weekend skiing and gave it a test ride. I told him to change the warranty mileage coverage to reflect the extra 240.
At least you knew the story behind the extra miles. No telling how the lot boy treated it on the drive tho.

If you have serious doubt and concerns, then just walk away.

Is just a car, there are others out there.

On the other hand, odds are that it's just fine and you are worrying about nothing. These are pretty robust vehicles and can take some abuse.

tmp.gif

If it's being sold as new, not sure I'd worry. Could have been pulled by GM as part of a test at the plant. Dealer might have driven it around. What worries me are the occasional "used" cars I've seen at different dealers with 50, 100, 200 miles. That I don't understand.

I bought a new car with 140 mi on it, my wife’s Cx9. It was a dealer trade from down south they drove up north. It worked out for us, we got a great deal on it but I had issues with it having an aftermarket alarm dealer add on from the previous dealer. The wiring harness was hacked into in the worst way, twisting wires and electrical tape with no solder. I ended up having to solder and fix it with heat shrink.

155 mi on a car like this, I’d be very cautious and concerned on how those miles got there. Personally I wouldn’t bother with it, not even if it’s a rare color or a great deal.

If you do decide to go through with it, I would suggest you go on site to make sure there’s no bullshit going on with it. Get a full test drive. You should check underneath to see that they haven’t damaged the front undercarriage from improper lifting.

If it's being sold as new, not sure I'd worry. Could have been pulled by GM as part of a test at the plant. Dealer might have driven it around. What worries me are the occasional "used" cars I've seen at different dealers with 50, 100, 200 miles. That I don't understand.
Apparently, the differentiation between new and used is whether it’s ever been registered or not.

It's doubtfully that a 100k + car would have been test driven without the salesperson tagging along. That said, I wouldn't think that it's been hammered on. I'd still look it over good and ask questions why so many miles on a new car.
Dunno.gif

It's doubtfully that a 100k + car would have been test driven without the salesperson tagging along. That said, I wouldn't think that it's been hammered on. I'd still look it over good and ask questions why so many miles on a new car. View attachment 24789
Allegedly, it was taken to a couple of events.

Now that's a different story. I'd be very leary then.

It's doubtfully that a 100k + car would have been test driven without the salesperson tagging along. That said, I wouldn't think that it's been hammered on. I'd still look it over good and ask questions why so many miles on a new car. View attachment 24789
I would agree with that statement. I would be even more concerned with a manager/owner taking it home on the weekends.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back