Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Headup display stopped working.

loudmofo

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V BLACKWING
i went for a ride and it now stopped working i know about the hud buttons on the left of the steering wheels tired up and down like 20 times already and no luck, anyone having issues or what i'am i doing wrong.

i went for a ride and it now stopped working i know about the hud buttons on the left of the steering wheels tired up and down like 20 times already and no luck, anyone having issues or what i'am i doing wrong.
Did you check for brightness and the level. That happened to me and it turned out operator error on my part.

If it just went from on to off while you were looking at it, then it seems more likely that it's a bigger issue and this probably won't be helpful...

But, most HUDs have 2 controls- one moves it up and down to account for seating position and the other for brightness. I know on my SS, it's possible to move it so far down I can't see it.

I had the position on mine randomly bump to it's lower-most setting once. Chances are I was fiddling with some other setting and messed it up. I think I had to adjust it in the menu in the gauge cluster.

Have you taken it back to the dealer? They should be able to determine the issue pretty quickly.

I had similar issue on CT4 where HUD didn't come up at all. Stopping the car, turning it off, opening and door and then restarting the car fixed it. Not sure if it was bug or something more serious is going one.
Similarly, HUD is useless with polarized glasses. Though since I got the windshead tinted, I can at least see it faintly.

For those having sunglass compatibility issues, please rotate them 90-degrees and tell us what you see? If the HUD re-appears, you need a different sunglass manufacturer. (I can see the HUD and display screen fine in Serengetis but not in Oakleys)

I see mine fine with prescription Oakleys that are polarized. I'd say it cuts down about half the brightness though. Oakley also has or had a line that was driver specific so that may be an option for someone looking at new glasses. Polarized is a must for anyone who goes boating or fishing.

I see mine fine with prescription Oakleys that are polarized. I'd say it cuts down about half the brightness though. Oakley also has or had a line that was driver specific so that may be an option for someone looking at new glasses. Polarized is a must for anyone who goes boating or fishing.
This, I have no problems with My Oakleys....

I should clarify - my Oakley issue was with my V3, moved to Serengeti-only years ago for photochromatic lenses. Haven't tried non-Serengeti with Blackwing.

Any of you having issues like this near Chicago I’d be happy to test drive yours for you to make sure it’s not just your glass of choice.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back