Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

dwbowen

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2012 cts-v coupe
Hey CTS-V owners, new here and introducing myself. I own a 2012 CTS-V Coupe and have done some drag racing with it. Mods are W4M heat exchanger, D3 radiator, 160 stat, 9.55 lower pulley, 1.85 rockers, lid spacer, BB sport cat back with a W4M tune. On 91 octane I've run 124.95 @ 11.07. It's an automatic with 11 inch by 19 rims with Nitto drag radials [345 30 19]. On a local dynojet it made 603 HP at the rear wheels. Fun car!

Last edited:
Those are good numbers.
Do you launch with traction control on or off?

re:question

I turn every thing off and really heat up the tires [brake it up a bit in low while shifting into 2nd and then 3rd gear to get some smoke going]. Stage at the line in drive and just hammer it from idle, on a decent prepped strip it hooks and leaves hard [1.64 second 60 foot time]. I run the tires at 26 pounds, less and I turn the tires on the rims. Finally figured out why the tires are turning on the rims at anything below 25 pounds, the billet wheels were powder coated and that includes the area where the tires seal to the rim. Don't do that!

Last edited:
I turn every thing off and really heat up the tires [brake it up a bit in low while shifting into 2nd and then 3rd gear to get some smoke going]. Stage at the line in drive and just hammer it from idle, on a decent prepped strip it hooks and leaves hard [1.65 second 60 foot time]. I run the tires at 26 pounds, less and I turn the tires on the rims.

With drag radials, that sounds about right. With street tires, it seems better to let traction control handle tire spin and then turn it off after it hooks - with the auto.

I haven't taken my V to the track and don't really plan to. Mine is a manual, so on the street, I let traction control help with the launch. Too bad Caddy didn't see fit to include the Corvette's Launch Control programming on manual Vs.

Years back when I used racing slicks on my car, I lowered the pressure into the teens but I had the tires screwed to the wheels so they wouldn't turn on the rims. Not pretty, but it worked.

Later,

With drag radials, that sounds about right. With street tires, it seems better to let traction control handle tire spin and then turn it off after it hooks - with the auto.

I haven't taken my V to the track and don't really plan to. Mine is a manual, so on the street, I let traction control help with the launch. Too bad Caddy didn't see fit to include the Corvette's Launch Control programming on manual Vs.

Years back when I used racing slicks on my car, I lowered the pressure into the teens but I had the tires screwed to the wheels so they wouldn't turn on the rims. Not pretty, but it worked.

Later,
I'd love to go to lower tire pressure, but don't want to drill those $1K rims. Also they don't recommend screws for radials, breaks steel bands I'm told. I have tried M/T, M@H and now Nitto. All about the same, but Nitto makes a wider application that fits the Coupe only. Using 11" wide rim with 50 mm offset on the Coupe if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners