Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

Wait... they straight up told you that the local dealerships all got together and colluded to fix prices? I fail to see how that's not a violation of the Sherman Act; it's basically the textbook definition. Perhaps you should drop a dime to the DOJ...
I believe that it's called collusion.

Yes they did.. I d
Wait... they straight up told you that the local dealerships all got together and colluded to fix prices? I fail to see how that's not a violation of the Sherman Act; it's basically the textbook definition. Perhaps you should drop a dime to the DOJ...
I didn't think about that... I'm going to check on it and see what I can do... Thanks

Yes they did.. I d

I didn't think about that... I'm going to check on it and see what I can do... Thanks

Not to add to your workload, but if $20k or whatever is a decent chunk of change and worth some more emails and calls, I wouldn't take GM's canned response about dealers being independent, blah, blah, blah. This is the first time that GM has done a reservation style deal (to my knowledge) and how were you to know your selected dealer would try to shaft you after you ordered the car, etc.

I think squeaky wheel can get the grease. Call and email GM customer service and any other relevant department at GM over and over again and explain the collusion and how you were misled by your long-time dealer, etc. Cause problems for the dealership and you might get your car at MSRP.

Not to add to your workload, but if $20k or whatever is a decent chunk of change and worth some more emails and calls, I wouldn't take GM's canned response about dealers being independent, blah, blah, blah. This is the first time that GM has done a reservation style deal (to my knowledge) and how were you to know your selected dealer would try to shaft you after you ordered the car, etc.

I think squeaky wheel can get the grease. Call and email GM customer service and any other relevant department at GM over and over again and explain the collusion and how you were misled by your long-time dealer, etc. Cause problems for the dealership and you might get your car at MSRP.
Agreed, if you reserved a 5BW you had 3 minutes in total to fill out and submit reservation which included selecting a dealership nearby. Not exactly time to read the fine print that a dealer can charge whatever they want, or call around and find a dealer in the country willing to not screw you over.

With all due respect and sympathy, I’d mention your Veteran status and cancer condition as well.

Agreed, if you reserved a 5BW you had 3 minutes in total to fill out and submit reservation which included selecting a dealership nearby. Not exactly time to read the fine print that a dealer can charge whatever they want, or call around and find a dealer in the country willing to not screw you over.
I was immediately thrown for a loop as my closest dealer wasn’t even available to choose. Apparently, the dealers had to register to be a part of the Blackwing Program and they didn’t register.

I was immediately thrown for a loop as my closest dealer wasn’t even available to choose. Apparently, the dealers had to register to be a part of the Blackwing Program and they didn’t register.
My situation in that way is similar. My local dealer 10 min away didn't register so I have to go about 1 hr away.

@Akamai58 if I were you I would be looking for a dealer outside of the area and taking it as an opportunity to road trip… what they are doing there is pretty crappy

@Akamai58 if I were you I would be looking for a dealer outside of the area and taking it as an opportunity to road trip… what they are doing there is pretty crappy
Thanks, I'm being a pain in the ass with gm and Cadillac and I have a call into the dealer about the price fixing.

The reason why i did not press that button Saw that small print…

That was my mistake, I was in hurry and didn't read the fine print. I had it reserved in 45 seconds when it opened to reserve.

My reservation CT5-V Blackwing is with Sewell and I never even considered anything over MSRP. It's a given with that dealership group from my experience. They treat customers fairly and we do the same in return by continuing to do business with them for the long haul.

I'm fine with MSRP on my 5BW. Only other cars I've ever paid MSRP for is a Cayman GT4 and 991.2 GT3. Both great cars and a very fair price at MSRP. I feel the same with the BW.
I am with Crest and Paying MSRP also.

Question for everybody since we were so late to the game ordering this vehicle and our order number does show up at GM does that imply that will have one of the 250 built?

If you did not order one of the 250 each available 4’s or 5’s during the kickoff preorder period, you are probably on a waitlist outside the 250 Hit up rob on this site with your order number and he will add to the list with your status number…. You can also ask your dealer where you sit….

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back