Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dark Emerald Frost Allocation

BenBaad

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing
C120A9ED-3B80-41C5-8010-14B5D6CB7953.jpg

Some of you may have seen this already. San Francisco Dealership with a Dark Emerald Frost allocation. AT MSRP. They said the exterior color is the only thing decided, everything else you can choose.

This drives me nuts. A few weeks back they said we could order it. I change my order only to get a call back a few days later saying green is off the table again. I'm sticking with the rift at this point. My hope is to see this green in the wild at some point and hate the actual color..

Um, why do they get to pick the color?!? If the order can still be updated to add options, WTF?

🤷‍♂️No idea. Goes right in line with everything else involving the waitlist/allocations/etc. Regardless, the promise for MSRP publicly seems like a good deal.

Msrp advertisement is a good data point for anyone arguing with their dealer.
I’m stuck with a $2k markup unfortunately(one first 250). Not terrible, but not nothing.

I’m stuck with a $2k markup unfortunately(one first 250). Not terrible, but not nothing.
This isn't bad. I'm sure plenty of folks here would lock in 2k if they could to limit the chance of something stupid happening.

This isn't bad. I'm sure plenty of folks here would lock in 2k if they could to limit the chance of something stupid happening.
Yeah I was expecting $10k or so, and was pretty stoked. But then started seeing everyone else getting MSRP or switching dealers. Unfortunately I was too late to switch dealers. But yeah, still not terrible.

My dealer told me they 'had to' order a 5 with both carbon fiber packages and that's why I didn't get the allocation. I figured it was just a made up excuse to help them pad their bottom line (they are in business to make money), but this makes me wonder if Cadillac is doing something wonky with the allocations.

BTW, I love the green color but everyone I have asked about it says don't walk, RUN away from matte paint if it's going to be a daily driver.

My dealer told me they 'had to' order a 5 with both carbon fiber packages and that's why I didn't get the allocation. I figured it was just a made up excuse to help them pad their bottom line (they are in business to make money), but this makes me wonder if Cadillac is doing something wonky with the allocations.

BTW, I love the green color but everyone I have asked about it says don't walk, RUN away from matte paint if it's going to be a daily driver.
Definitely some odd things going on.

I’d agree with that assessment regarding the paint if you weren’t going to do PPF. If you’re going to do PPF, it’s a mute point.

You would have thought that they would have at least come to you with that option.

You would have thought that they would have at least come to you with that option.
Ha - I only found out about it because I went there in person to discuss my order stuck at 0500 (still unchanged btw). Rest assured they are trying hard to sell me the fully loaded car as they've ordered it.

Ha - I only found out about it because I went there in person to discuss my order stuck at 0500 (still unchanged btw). Rest assured they are trying hard to sell me the fully loaded car as they've ordered it.
Maybe, it’s still somewhat configurable. Use the fact that they disrespected you for leverage.

Maybe, it’s still somewhat configurable. Use the fact that they disrespected you for leverage.
That's what strikes me as unusual. Initially the Sales Manager said he would look into changing the configuration, but then he talked to the GM and they stood pat on CF2. I don't claim to know what's going on, but they sure have me confused as a real buyer standing in the showroom.

Back on topic, I checked out of curiosity, and the SF Emerald car is spoken for.

That's what strikes me as unusual. Initially the Sales Manager said he would look into changing the configuration, but then he talked to the GM and they stood pat on CF2. I don't claim to know what's going on, but they sure have me confused as a real buyer standing in the showroom.
That's why I stated "somewhat configurable" knowing that they were stuck on the CF packages like the SF dealer was stuck on the paint color. Maybe, you can still choose the other options besides the CF packages.

Definitely some odd things going on.

I’d agree with that assessment regarding the paint if you weren’t going to do PPF. If you’re going to do PPF, it’s a mute point.
I’d seen that about the matte as well, but I plan to do PPF anyway, regardless of the color I was going to get

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back