Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

Ask for Howie, tell him Brian sent you, MSRP.
Just talked with Howie and submitted my order. He assured me he would take care of me and seems like a stand up guy. Im going to call him again Thursday to go over the build which is a Carbon Fiber 1 and 2. Any of you guys hve luck ordering those packages along with the CF seats ?

I had orders in with Beverly Hills, Faulkner and Sewell Dallas, all MSRP dealers, Sewell came through first. Of course I had to drop CF, that moved me up the list past those insisting on CF.
Thanks ! Yes I talked with David Weise over at Sewell and they are indeed taking orders out of state. He gave me the run down on CF since thats whats holding orders up. Apparently you can order the CF 1/2 packages straight through GM parts and they are available but if you order a CF specced Blackwing you will have to wait.. whatever sense that makes. Anyone order a Blackwing without CF and put the CF on afterwards ? I imagine I could do that but not with the seats.. Anyways I placed an order with Sewell as well also... hoping one of these dealers pick up my allocation soon.

Exterior CF for the 5BW isn't a big deal. I've done it with the 4BW and it was a learning experience. It's more difficult because of the dive planes. If you don't want to do it for the 5BW then the dealer or a body shop can do it for not a lot of money (relative to the parts cost). Next to the 4BW dive planes, the most difficult part is removing the standard rear spoiler. There is a whole thread about the 5BW rear spoiler discussing drilling a pair of holes, but the 4BW CF spoiler just drops onto the existing holes.

Just talked with Howie and submitted my order. He assured me he would take care of me and seems like a stand up guy. Im going to call him again Thursday to go over the build which is a Carbon Fiber 1 and 2. Any of you guys hve luck ordering those packages along with the CF seats ?
I put my order in with Howie last month and it'll hopefully be here early to mid August. From my dealings with him it's been the easiest car purchase of my life so far, which is pretty crazy considering it's such a high demand car.

I put my order in with Howie last month and it'll hopefully be here early to mid August. From my dealings with him it's been the easiest car purchase of my life so far, which is pretty crazy considering it's such a high demand car.
Yup, he's a good dude, makes it painless.

That is one quick turnaround ! Can I ask how you specced yours? Im assuming no CF packages.. And is there an online GM tracker where you can check the order cycle yourself or is that disclosed by the dealer through codes ?

Exterior CF for the 5BW isn't a big deal. I've done it with the 4BW and it was a learning experience. It's more difficult because of the dive planes. If you don't want to do it for the 5BW then the dealer or a body shop can do it for not a lot of money (relative to the parts cost). Next to the 4BW dive planes, the most difficult part is removing the standard rear spoiler. There is a whole thread about the 5BW rear spoiler discussing drilling a pair of holes, but the 4BW CF spoiler just drops onto the existing holes.
Yes apparently there is a wheelsmith that has designed the front splitter and rear spoiler in carbon fiber for the Blackwings. Terrence Sig at Signature Wheels. The wheels on my GT500 were made by him and the aftermarket CF he has developed/and still developing for the Blackwing look legit. Seems like the way to go if GM cannot accommodate CF 1 & 2 packs.

That is one quick turnaround ! Can I ask how you specced yours? Im assuming no CF packages.. And is there an online GM tracker where you can check the order cycle yourself or is that disclosed by the dealer through codes ?
The chat bot at Cadillac.com can give you updates if you have an order number. The responses are virtual, but you can ask to chat with a human advisor if you need to.

No CF. I’m not a fan of the huge carbon backs on the seats. But you can buy the carbon pieces individually now, I’m just planning on buying the carbon pieces bit by bit for the exterior and then getting them installed. Figured I’d rather do that than wait god knows how long for an allocation with carbon, plus I really didn’t want to add another $10k or so to the build.

No CF. I’m not a fan of the huge carbon backs on the seats. But you can buy the carbon pieces individually now, I’m just planning on buying the carbon pieces bit by bit for the exterior and then getting them installed. Figured I’d rather do that than wait god knows how long for an allocation with carbon, plus I really didn’t want to add another $10k or so to the build.
Hey. Do the 4 BW's come with carbon fiber seats? I thought the packages added external parts. And that the CF seats were only in the special editions or track ones....

Hey. Do the 4 BW's come with carbon fiber seats? I thought the packages added external parts. And that the CF seats were only in the special editions or track ones....
Not sure about the 4, but I know the 5 can be built with the carbon backed seats separate from any special edition or other CF package, but they are $8k

New to the forum. Been lurking a while but attempting to take the plunge.

I'm amazed/frustrated at the complete LACK of interest by 5 local dealers to order a CT4V Blackwing when I'm in personally standing in the showroom. 2/5 sales managers didn't even know a CT4V BW could be ordered with a 6mt; they thought only the 5BW came that way. Didn't discuss a list, just said they'd try to locate a car en route to another dealership (as if that dealership would give up a 6MT BW). Another said I could order, but there was someone on the "list" waiting since 5/2022 and it would be $5k over MSRP. General Manager at 4th handed me off to the person "who does most of our ordering", like it's an everyday item at WalMart. Last one will update me on any allocations, but wants $5k over MSRP.

Was prepared to get a 2023 with the $2k GM incentive and finally found the right build but offer expired 7/5/23. Maybe I'll wait for a fire-sale on all the track editions sitting on lots collecting dust or see what happens with 2024 inventory.

If this is the 'new normal' for car buying I'm glad the 4BW will be my last non-Tesla purchase for the next 20-30 years.

<sorry for the rant>

I'm amazed/frustrated at the complete LACK of interest by 5 local dealers to order a CT4V Blackwing when I'm in personally standing in the showroom. 2/5 sales managers didn't even know a CT4V BW could be ordered with a 6mt; they thought only the 5BW came that way. Didn't discuss a list, just said they'd try to locate a car en route to another dealership (as if that dealership would give up a 6MT BW). Another said I could order, but there was someone on the "list" waiting since 5/2022 and it would be $5k over MSRP. General Manager at 4th handed me off to the person "who does most of our ordering", like it's an everyday item at WalMart. Last one will update me on any allocations, but wants $5k over MSRP.

Was prepared to get a 2023 with the $2k GM incentive and finally found the right build but offer expired 7/5/23. Maybe I'll wait for a fire-sale on all the track editions sitting on lots collecting dust or see what happens with 2024 inventory.

If this is the 'new normal' for car buying I'm glad the 4BW will be my last non-Tesla purchase for the next 20-30 years.

<sorry for the rant>
What incentives were you looking at getting?

Yes, it's sad how dealers just don't seem to give a crap. I'm kicking around trading my Expedition for something new. None of the dealers I went to seem to care if I buy or not (across multiple brands). I guess with the economy still kicking and inventories getting better, if I don't buy it, literally the guy behind me will. No pressure, no follow up. Most products at list plus the dealer package which varies from $1000 to $3000. Also to my surprise, I think only one dealer even offered to put a number on my truck. Seems they just don't care.

TallSteve, $2k gm cash for certain ct4v bw vins.
Very good, I did not know they were doing that now.... Sucks that you missed it!

I would also like to suggest you call Sewell Cadillac Dallas and see if they can help you... @1StunnaV aka Dustin Callaway the Blackwing King.

<sorry for the rant>
That sucks. How is it harder to order a ct4 blackwing now than 2 years earlier when stuff was actually constrained. Which area are you in?

That sucks. How is it harder to order a ct4 blackwing now than 2 years earlier when stuff was actually constrained. Which area are you in?
North/South Carolina. Not sure this part of the country received many allocations to begin with, so likely the GMs and sales managers don't bother compared with $100k+ mom-boats.

TallSteve, reached out via forum messenger. Pain to do out of state but might be might only option.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back