Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

MSRP - Good
Extras you didn't ask for - BAD.

No offense to anyone who likes them, but I would absolutely die if someone did some hand painted pinstripe on a brand new limited edition car that I didnt ask for because "we do it on all our cars". this isn't the 80s! (although I miss the 80s dearly). :boogie
My thoughts exactly. And ceramic tint my ass! I have a good ceramic tint job on my V and it cost me about $800. No way I trust a dealer to put a good quality ceramic tint on my car. I would expect they use the cheapest crap possible whether it’s ceramic or not. A good, high quality tint is essential in Texas.

Offer them 100 bucks to not do any of that crap. They're response will tell you a lot about the actual value. Pinstripes for gods sake, wtf. This isnt even a case where they have already done the work to your car. You can tell them, before delivery, "dont touch my car. I dont want any of that." My blood pressure is rising just thinking about it. Someone remind we why we need dealers again?

Offer them 100 bucks to not do any of that crap. They're response will tell you a lot about the actual value. Pinstripes for gods sake, wtf. This isnt even a case where they have already done the work to your car. You can tell them, before delivery, "dont touch my car. I dont want any of that." My blood pressure is rising just thinking about it. Someone remind we why we need dealers again?
I know, right? They want to treat this ‘extremely limited production’ vehicle like just another XT5. I was at the airport killing time when I reached out to them and didn’t even reply to that last message. I just shook my head.

That was going to be my response though, how much do I have to pay for you not to do that to my car? I’ll go down there and discuss this in person if/when my order gets accepted. Crazy.

How about Cadillac script white walls and a faux convertible top?

I echo the DO NOT TOUCH MY CAR!

@CT4-V Blackwing, don't worry, Josh already clarified with me that they won't even have the ding dongs in the back wash the car prior to delivery. He knows its being trailered to Elite Finish.
I'm sure you can ask for the same.

Calling around to volume dealers to see where they are at as far as waitlisted customers Called gold coast in nj and the guy i spoke to told me they are the largest caddy dealer on the east coast. They had one order within the first 250 and they have seven in on the waitlist awaiting allocations. I asked him if they are at msrp , his response , no we are selling at $20k above msrp, thats what they would bring at auction….. lmao Guess the folks in the northeast have money to burn

Did you ask if they were doing that for the one of 250? I have no problem with a dealer charging more for a car out of their allocation. It's a scarce resource. I do have a problem with dealers charging for the 250, since they were gifted the order and did nothing.

Did you ask if they were doing that for the one of 250? I have no problem with a dealer charging more for a car out of their allocation. It's a scarce resource. I do have a problem with dealers charging for the 250, since they were gifted the order and did nothing.
No i did not ask but one would assume they will charge the extra $20k for within the first 250 or outside. Thats the reason i did not click the button in feb to reserve within the first 250 at the bottom it clearly said dealers can charge more then msrp

No i did not ask but one would assume they will charge the extra $20k for within the first 250 or outside. Thats the reason i did not click the button in feb to reserve within the first 250 at the bottom it clearly said dealers can charge more then msrp
My bad, should have reserved one amd looked for a dealer selling at msrp Now going through the shitshow awaiting dealer(s) getting allocations

Oh didnt even notice this... my dealer says they wont mark up. I won't totally believe it until the car is in my garage.

Calling around to volume dealers to see where they are at as far as waitlisted customers Called gold coast in nj and the guy i spoke to told me they are the largest caddy dealer on the east coast. They had one order within the first 250 and they have seven in on the waitlist awaiting allocations. I asked him if they are at msrp , his response , no we are selling at $20k above msrp, thats what they would bring at auction….. lmao Guess the folks in the northeast have money to burn
If you would have agreed to pay the $20K over, you would have jumped to the top of the 7 wait list customers if they in fact exist.

If you would have agreed to pay the $20K over, you would have jumped to the top of the 7 wait list customers if they in fact exist.
No he told me that was what they were charging for anyone on the waitlist….. another dealer i spoke to in ohio does not have allocations yet but if you live in state msrp Out of state 5% over msrp The reason being he said (gm) that he will never see you again for another sale if you live out of state

No he told me that was what they were charging for anyone on the waitlist….. another dealer i spoke to in ohio does not have allocations yet but if you live in state msrp Out of state 5% over msrp The reason being he said (gm) that he will never see you again for another sale if you live out of state
We’re believing car salesmen now?

I'm working with Herb Chambers in Lynnfield, MA. They told me it would be MSRP, so hopefully they'll stick to it.

We’re believing car salesmen now?
I tried to reserve a BW from the out of state dealer where I purchased my ‘18. I would have bought from them but they said they were sold out already. They probably didn’t want to deal with me and my negotiating tactics again lol.

I tried to reserve a BW from the out of state dealer where I purchased my ‘18. I would have bought from them but they said they were sold out already. They probably didn’t want to deal with me and my negotiating tactics again lol.
My 2007 c6 was bought from buds chevy in ohio, and my 2019 z06 was bought from bomnin chevy in miami Both out of state buys were less then sticker. I realize for this 5 i will pay msrp which is the first car i ever owned where i am paying that but well worth it….. as far as $20k over msrp they can suck it

Last edited:
The dealership is probably right cause dealerships are receiving bw allocations based upon performance. So there will be dealerships that will be getting none, some will be getting one and those receiving two and so forth. Only the dealerships know the answer to the allocation amounts Cadillac doesn’t have that information. That is why Cadillac states you to work with the dealerships. Cadillac did tell me to speak with the customer experience representative at the dealership. So yes people are walking in to a dealership and if a dealership has a open allocation that person is eligible for that vehicle kinda being a the right place at the right time.

The dealership is probably right cause dealerships are receiving bw allocations based upon performance. So there will be dealerships that will be getting none, some will be getting one and those receiving two and so forth. Only the dealerships know the answer to the allocation amounts Cadillac doesn’t have that information. That is why Cadillac states you to work with the dealerships. Cadillac did tell me to speak with the customer experience representative at the dealership. So yes people are walking in to a dealership and if a dealership has a open allocation that person is eligible for that vehicle kinda being a the right place at the right time.
Wish i could find that luck lol

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners