Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

When did you do your first oil change?

Midcont

5BW here @ 2500 miles, 3 mos or so.
Will the cars computer tell me it's due for an oil change?
If it does, will it do so in a reasonable amount of time/miles or is it set up to go an unreasonable length for a first oil change?
And is the first service included for all cars or is that on a dealer by dealer basis?

Did my first on my own at around the track 1.5k along with diff fluid. Dealer did say first service is included but I waited for a major for my first stop :)

Did my first on my own at around the track 1.5k along with diff fluid. Dealer did say first service is included but I waited for a major for my first stop :)

I had my first oil change at 2330 miles. Dealer said they didn't want to do it yet, car didn't show it was needed. I said please go ahead. Oil life showed 47% remaining, for what it's worth.

On a new car I usually change the oil and filter at 1000 miles or so whether it needs it or not. After that, I usually change it at about 40% left on the oil life monitor.

Did mine at 1427 miles . It was free and can't hurt. I always have been a believer in the 1500 mile break in oil change. Checked for any metal residue and none found. I also had the dealer install the Fumoto valve to make all the next oil changes super easy and clean.

Did mine at 1,500 miles and did the rear diff fluid at the same time. Going forward I'll change oil in either 5k intervals or when the car tells me to, whichever comes first. I may change diff fluid annually or every 2 years since its so easy.

5BW here @ 2500 miles, 3 mos or so.
Will the cars computer tell me it's due for an oil change?
If it does, will it do so in a reasonable amount of time/miles or is it set up to go an unreasonable length for a first oil change?
And is the first service included for all cars or is that on a dealer by dealer basis?
Yes, no and, yes. Car has an oil life monitor and depends on certain parameters to determine oil change interval. Use it as a guide. I usually change mine at about 30% left or annually on lower usage vehicles.
Your first oil change is included with the purchase of the vehicle at any dealer you so choose as long as it's within the first year of purchase.
On all my personal vehicles and motorcycles I have always done my first oil change at between 1000 and 1500 miles.

I did mine around 550 miles. Going forward it will be an annual change as its not a DD. I will change the diff around 1500 miles.

So yes, the car will tell you when the oil change is due via the oil life monitor. Good rule of thumb depending on how hard you use it is to swap the oil around 25-30% life remaining for normal use and bump that up with track/autocross/hard driving.

That being said, I chose to do my own oil change around 1200 mi but I did not reset the oil life monitor. Then, when it hits the normal 25% change interval, Ill take advantage of the free dealer oil change. So I basically did a break in oil change, and will do a medium interval change before settling in to a normal 30% interval.

That being said, I chose to do my own oil change around 1200 mi but I did not reset the oil life monitor. Then, when it hits the normal 25% change interval, Ill take advantage of the free dealer oil change. So I basically did a break in oil change, and will do a medium interval change before settling in to a normal 30% interval.
Same here, did not reset after my break-in oil change. Took it to dealer for my freebie and monitor was at 25%

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back