Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Buy the 2023 4BW or wait for refresh (2024)

emdough

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V BW MT
Hard decision. I've read in multiple places that a refresh is coming in 2024 with most upgrades to the interior, namely the infotainment and some new materials. Maybe some minor exterior styling tweaks. What would you do in my position?

Hard decision. I've read in multiple places that a refresh is coming in 2024 with most upgrades to the interior, namely the infotainment and some new materials. Maybe some minor exterior styling tweaks. What would you do in my position?
Has there been mention of a 4BW refresh? I only saw the 5BW.

Edit: I do see this article now but wonder if the 4BW will be impacted much.

Delay driving enjoyment for minimal updates? Power isn't going to change, so...

Here is one:

"While not visible in these photos, the 2024 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing will also be outfitted with a completely refreshed interior with elements similar to that of the redesigned 2024 Cadillac XT4 and current Cadillac Lyriq. This will include the addition of a large display that will span the instrument panel and center stack."

You are probably right, but would be nice to have the new tech as long as they don't get rid of all the physical buttons.

But the trend is to remove/reduce physical buttons. The risk of removing some very well placed buttons outweighs the chance that the tech will be improved that much, in my opinion. Additionally, car prices seem to be rising rapidly, with inflation. I would take the sure thing and buy now if I were you.

The xt4 appears to have all the same physical buttons in addition to the lyriq style oled screen:

F6070B30-D57F-4E14-B42D-C2B4753C4015.jpeg

Looks pretty but I think it would annoy me that the steering wheel seems to block part of the screen. I doubt it’s any more useful than what we already have. But yeah, pretty.

If you can get a good deal on a 4BW spec’ed the way you want it right now I say go for it. 😁

I would wait to see what the 24s look like. We should get that info soon enough and there are plenty of '23 4BWs available.
While I know it's not the focus of the 4BW, the tiny tombstone display on the ct4 is disappointing and so a revised layout and updated tech would be a welcome improvement. Also, if the Lyriq is any representation, GM is doing away with the generic parts bin controls and plastics in the updated interiors. Or not - we'll have to wait and see.

I also plan on waiting and seeing. If it’s great, maybe hold out. Likewise, the 23s may drop in value.

Looks pretty but I think it would annoy me that the steering wheel seems to block part of the screen. I doubt it’s any more useful than what we already have. But yeah, pretty.

If you can get a good deal on a 4BW spec’ed the way you want it right now I say go for it. 😁
What do you consider a good deal? I can get MSRP on the spec I like but it’s out of state so will have to pay for shipping it down to me. Can get a couple of grand off locally but pay for some options I don’t want or need.

While I know it's not the focus of the 4BW, the tiny tombstone display on the ct4 is disappointing and so a revised layout and updated tech would be a welcome improvement.

Wow… somehow I was oblivious to the disappointment I should be feeling about the “tiny tombstone display”. I guess it’s a good thing the car is so engaging as to keep me distracted from this and any other serious failings I haven’t noticed. 🙄

What do you consider a good deal? I can get MSRP on the spec I like but it’s out of state so will have to pay for shipping it down to me. Can get a couple of grand off locally but pay for some options I don’t want or need.

It’s a special, limited edition vehicle. Right now there seems to be an ample opportunity to get one but that was not the case until recently, and may not be the case in the future once these are gone. A good deal is really whatever you’re happy with… Getting the one you want the way you want it is the important thing.

Wow… somehow I was oblivious to the disappointment I should be feeling about the “tiny tombstone display”. I guess it’s a good thing the car is so engaging as to keep me distracted from this and any other serious failings I haven’t noticed. 🙄
Good news, you get both the improved interior and the engaging dynamics on the 2024!

Seriously though, the cramped back seat and impressively average interior have been the only complaints most of the community has voiced. I’m surprised GM is responding and improving a car with a limited future.

I’m sure they’re right to complain about these things, but they don’t matter at all to me. 🤷‍♂️

I think it depends how much you value the updated interior and dash layout. Personally, one of the things I really like about the 4/5BWs is the dash cluster, both Sport and Track Mode are well done IMO. Sure the infotainment screen could be a bit larger on the 4BW but it is functional I really don't pay much attention to it. I set the AC to auto and change radio stations from the steering wheel.

My car is pretty much a base 4BW with a M6. I look forward to the driving experience over the tech. If I want a tech fix I drive the wife's Tesla with a big screen and a bunch of tech that makes the newest Cadillacs seem outdated.

Furthermore, some folks really don't like this design trend but at least Cadillac implementation looks better than the new Mustang. I still prefer the traditional dash cutout over this continuous pane of glass but maybe it will grow on me.

Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 9.10.04 PM.png

Check out the base Mustang, it looks like a pair of iPads stuck to the dash.

Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 9.17.11 PM.png

The OEM's love this screen trend and a willing consumer. Just take a page out of the Model 3 and spend 9 minutes designing a slab dash and tack one or two tablets on top and call it good.

To the OP, no harm in waiting to see what YOU think about the refresh before you decide. Just like every mid-cycle refresh in the history of mankind, the pre-refresh crowd will claim they ruined the car and the post refresh crowd will smugly claim to have the "best" version. It's all subjective noise.

Fascia design and interior layout doesn't even register on my decision tree. I'd have exactly the same level of contentment with the mega-screen and CT6 fascia as I do with the current design, it's all about the driving dynamics.

Truth up there, everyone will justify whatever decision they made as being the best, and will rationalize with emotional arguments.

I also agree that the iPads on the dash look horrible, including the new bmw design, ford, Subaru, Tesla, etc. I honestly like caddy’s design the best of them all, it seems far more integrated. Perhaps it’s the curvature around the driver and the non-vertical close outs on the sides that make it seem cohesive.

What I want more than the fancy oled screen is the multi-function controller with the manual. I hate fingerprints on my info screens!

I was contemplating a BMW 340i (and an Audi RS3) before deciding on the BW, but I dropped the BMW when they updated the dash to the current mega-screen. I like a mega-screen for my PC, but not an auto instrument cluster. The current BW dash has a lot more character and auto feel to me, not a bank of video screens.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back