Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

TPMS Accuracy

The Sandman

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V BW
My TPMS tire pressures on delivery of the car were about 33-34 lbs when cold (Florida garage cold - temperature in the 70's). I have a very accurate setup for airing up tires with a compressor, quick connect and large inline "racing" pressure gauge. When I checked them with my gauge they were all around 33 lbs and I inflated them all to 35. Now when cold TPMS reports them as 36-37 lbs and going up to 38 when "normal" temperature is reached. I haven't gotten them warm yet... only just passed the 1500 mile mark on the odometer.

I'm wondering just how accurate the TPMS pressure readings are, and if they can be recalibrated. Or maybe it's my inline gauge?

I've found that most TPMS are fairly accurate based off my rather inexpensive "pen" style gauge. That's how I do it. Getting them to the same pressure is tough, especially in the winter.

Getting them to the same pressure is tough, especially in the winter.

On that subject...

I was very pleased to discover that Costco (yes, Costco) has you covered. Very nice tire inflation stations. You just set the pressure you want and it inflates to that point then stops. Done. And they use nitrogen.

It says Costco members only (I happen to be a member), but I didn't see anyone checking if you're not.

xrCZCAuYodRya7X-hVtGWmJfGZRlxDOF62NFdhC9hs2X5QmnxAypbRrYxeXkBxQziniJJOm78R_GZ0VF8bEQhFyddUNs0i86gXdab5-sZitC0tv7Y5nrcOZ-AZM5VPw4lIgqR6rAuYj-o6ispDuhY5nnkIH2pEu-mhLj9tD6jS2LgYKoJVaEr6SyLIBFch1FUxcpcHiQbNdJaf3LHHrNFbimxfSkq1VmwoaBH8FfxEHLYPRuHI-b3CunA-vW2e9t4_pPWCcayKAg1xOEOZnG-RsTTbYb8FOdl09HQYtBEf6ssgxT7_EWXTII9YQJ2PXWiZ3NCkriK__VZaamlG3HhEdbGUjNZUWMQ5Yhx4ZwJSznWCOJoI5ex2QuHfh9z-BXGsPgN3xOfXUiN_FEQhsHJYmhqdqUcKwjSFf-odBjMlqs419gSIYLxcpVRCRQrotKCr9csujMy8pk4EJbcqJWncrwzhE-jssFDmaqsoBTU_RNC9xnShGvF6O5pwbRNsdT7JeC7W8hUP0PkpVIyT2DgzzE3B6UBukxx7s7icOgOPOTIKyMakxYlpH_FvFCm_scfpQvSniM6Bxl6KNVsz_oUkQQXsiKMzCkj2FILloUMqLWzsWCk-Ousb0p2DM3s0EIo0h4K4tKo3DfBquwCiSIFSIsfc7Vo98oqXs_FhY4X-aG_f1nDgKFAd5UXzRB1DLmIYhi7Pq2wfQ-5SHb4ht4XwwGXvsMYK5lDGjpGMxFscyTi6Yjx6TVSovNrqdTFSeTmOwvct86LlmFYEHicqKtOIvvMwWc2EpSS3uclAI7QsxTaKEIdJGpr6ph5htbIe0Ld6seG-3qkAdlt7xoAW0VyI7Bk0svh7cPvu4WV5j_i60UuAwUJZI2kT9kRxEqkZM2AjEwEKfkN8DWYZWbhiy96kpc6eu_XoD7uXwZALCrtk3z2A=w580-h770-no

On that subject...

I was very pleased to discover that Costco (yes, Costco) has you covered. Very nice tire inflation stations. You just set the pressure you want and it inflates to that point then stops. Done. And they use nitrogen.

It says Costco members only (I happen to be a member), but I didn't see anyone checking if you're not.

xrCZCAuYodRya7X-hVtGWmJfGZRlxDOF62NFdhC9hs2X5QmnxAypbRrYxeXkBxQziniJJOm78R_GZ0VF8bEQhFyddUNs0i86gXdab5-sZitC0tv7Y5nrcOZ-AZM5VPw4lIgqR6rAuYj-o6ispDuhY5nnkIH2pEu-mhLj9tD6jS2LgYKoJVaEr6SyLIBFch1FUxcpcHiQbNdJaf3LHHrNFbimxfSkq1VmwoaBH8FfxEHLYPRuHI-b3CunA-vW2e9t4_pPWCcayKAg1xOEOZnG-RsTTbYb8FOdl09HQYtBEf6ssgxT7_EWXTII9YQJ2PXWiZ3NCkriK__VZaamlG3HhEdbGUjNZUWMQ5Yhx4ZwJSznWCOJoI5ex2QuHfh9z-BXGsPgN3xOfXUiN_FEQhsHJYmhqdqUcKwjSFf-odBjMlqs419gSIYLxcpVRCRQrotKCr9csujMy8pk4EJbcqJWncrwzhE-jssFDmaqsoBTU_RNC9xnShGvF6O5pwbRNsdT7JeC7W8hUP0PkpVIyT2DgzzE3B6UBukxx7s7icOgOPOTIKyMakxYlpH_FvFCm_scfpQvSniM6Bxl6KNVsz_oUkQQXsiKMzCkj2FILloUMqLWzsWCk-Ousb0p2DM3s0EIo0h4K4tKo3DfBquwCiSIFSIsfc7Vo98oqXs_FhY4X-aG_f1nDgKFAd5UXzRB1DLmIYhi7Pq2wfQ-5SHb4ht4XwwGXvsMYK5lDGjpGMxFscyTi6Yjx6TVSovNrqdTFSeTmOwvct86LlmFYEHicqKtOIvvMwWc2EpSS3uclAI7QsxTaKEIdJGpr6ph5htbIe0Ld6seG-3qkAdlt7xoAW0VyI7Bk0svh7cPvu4WV5j_i60UuAwUJZI2kT9kRxEqkZM2AjEwEKfkN8DWYZWbhiy96kpc6eu_XoD7uXwZALCrtk3z2A=w580-h770-no
That’s where I ck them when I need to shop. Occaisionally, the staff with the tire dept as they’re moving customer cars may remind users at the air pumps that one needs to be a member, but they don’t demand you show a card. The one where I go the pumps are locked up after business hrs.

Or just get a nitrogen tank, regulator,good quality trigger air gauge and do it yourself. Sorry easier said than done. I have that setup as I used to do commercial refrigeration work and it's the proper way to check for leaks. Now it's just my tire inflation station. Tires are always cool and at rest.😎

So what’s the consensus… trust my gauge and assume the TPMS is off a pound or two? Or trust the TPMS and assume my gauge is off a pound or two?

I have 2 good pressure gauges and another one on my air tank. My TPMS always seems always within 1lb of what I set. Pretty subtle ambient air temps can easily raise/lower pressure on any given day too.

TPMS is very accurate. Two gauges on my pumps agree with the PSI on the dash.

More importantly, when checking hot pressures when coming off the track, they are the same as my racing gauge.

I'm usually within a pound. My gauges show tenths, if I check sensors with my TPMS tool also shows tenths. System must round up or down to nearest pound for dash display.

I also live in florida and have my tires all set at 35 psi cold in my garage, my TPMS is very accurate on my 4V BW, they always register 35 at this current level of temperature in the garage and once I go out and drive in the 80 to 85 degree temperatures outside, the pressure goes up to around 38 psi.

Quick follow up… happened to be looking around in the My Cadillac app and found mention that recommended tire pressure was 34 psi. 🤔

I re-inflated the tires to 34 psi. After about 3 days of re-equilibration the pressures all read 35 psi on TPMS when cold in my 76 degree air-conditioned Florida garage.

I’m happy now. 😃

Tampa area / my 4v DEF BW has accurate TPMS = has not caused any issues up to now

TPMS is very accurate. Recently I bought a gauge off Amazon with some fancy-sounding calibration, and finally got around to testing the Caddy after seeing this thread.

TPMS was within a pound all around. Doorsill says 35 PSI cold, which sounds high.......

TPMS is very accurate. Recently I bought a gauge off Amazon with some fancy-sounding calibration, and finally got around to testing the Caddy after seeing this thread.

TPMS was within a pound all around. Doorsill says 35 PSI cold, which sounds high.......
It's a heavy car and the PS4S sidewall isn't super stiff.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back