Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

TPMS Accuracy

Tire pressure is very sensitive and several factors affect it esp. living in Florida.

Humidity, Ambient temperature, elevation, direct sunlight- even in a SoCal garage my readings will be colder on the tires closest to the outside wall and door.

I have two gauges, Longacre 52-53036 Digital Tire Pressure Gauge with .8% accuracy and an Intercomp 360067 liquid filled guage and I get slightly different readings from the TPMS sensors because they are round numbers.

You have to factor in the loss of accuracy between your guage and the TPMS sensor. They should be within 1psi of each other, at most a 2psi difference (as I don't know what the accuracy of the TPMS sensors are).

You want to do your best to check pressure first thing in the morning when the temperature outside has been consistent, when you haven't driven the car in several hours and before sunrise. Do that 3 days in a row and see how far off they are. You start driving around to Costco the pressures will change.

You want to run even tire pressure to extend the life of the tires but don't go crazy over 3 or 4 psi. If you want more consistent pressure run Nitrogen.

My 4BW dash tire pressure gauge shows 2psi lower vs. my actual physical reading of the tires cold (and I used two tire gauges to have the same reference point). So, if the physical reading is at 35psi cold and I immediately go out to drive, the dash gauge shows 33psi. And I've seen this same 2psi lower across different mfgs on the cars that I've owned in last 5 years that had TPMS psi displayed on dash.

So went into the Cadillac app on my phone today and saw this. Obviously tires are properly inflated on the car and dash shows 36 psi like the app. App brain fart? Anyone else?
Tire0.jpg

Tire1.jpg

So went into the Cadillac app on my phone today and saw this. Obviously tires are properly inflated on the car and dash shows 36 psi like the app. App brain fart? Anyone else?
View attachment 18469

View attachment 18470
Yeah, something stupid going on. Just checked mine and it said the app was recently updated. My tire pressure shows critically low, as well and all tires are perfect. Though, the stupid app has always had the recommended pressure low by 1 psi on all tires. I don't know why they can't get this stuff right.

Just went back into the app today and received the notice that it was updated. The problem seems to be resolved now, at least for me.

Just went back into the app today and received the notice that it was updated. The problem seems to be resolved now, at least for me.
Yes, mine good as well.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners