Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Condensation inside - back window

Cadillac CT4-V model

M2Cto4BW

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4V Blackwing
I know there has been headlight condensation, but anyone get it inside?
The recent storms and cool weather have highlighted I've got it.
So a dealer trip for me - but what is interesting/odd are these circle marks that also became apparent with the condensation.

They leftover from the initial install?
20230127_155045.jpg
20230127_155053.jpg

The circles are likely from the suction cups the factory uses to install glass. I'm not sure what that condensation is about, I've never seen it on the inside of the car before. Keep us posted!

The circles are likely from the suction cups the factory uses to install glass. I'm not sure what that condensation is about, I've never seen it on the inside of the car before. Keep us posted!
Ya guessing a bad seal, like with the lights. There's no leak, I washed it and nothing got in, but ya guess it's my turn for that GM build quality.

That is a *lot* of condensation on the inside of the window. I would be worried that there is a leak somewhere in the car allowing water to get in, then overnight it is evaporating and condensing on the window. Did this happen after a heavy rain or wash? Do you have a sunroof?

Was there a large drop in outdoor temperature after you parked your car? If so, was the interior humid or have wet floor mats? Feel the carpeting near door sills and headliner around all door openings.

The only time Ive ever had that issue was on my subaru legacy gt with frameless windows, in the dead of winter and it was no where near that bad.

That is a bad seal, I'd get that taken in before you get mold.

Booked in for Weds - I got fob me off vibes from the rep, but let's see.
- there is nothing getting in as such, I pressure washed it and no change to the inside occurred
- for sure the latest weather has made it more noticeable, ie temps & increased humidness, but bar it being chilly in the morning, we've been back to normal the past week
- sunroof?! I mean next you'll ask if it's a manual;-)
- interior is definitely more humid vis-a-vis ambient temp, I did check the sills and everything bar the back left seems fine

Have you checked the weatherstripping around the trunk? The windo seals may not show any water penetration but if rain or pressure washing is going down the back window right into the trunk the moisture would definitely make its way through the rear shelf and seat backs to that location.;shrug

Do you have your climate control on "recirculate"?

- I'd checked the trunk previously and did so again and it's fine.
- Yes I've got the AC on and set to recirculate. It's been the same settings since I got it.

Can you run a dehumidifier over night in it?

In my previous years in the body shop business, the condensation photo you showed is extreme. You definitely have a leak somewhere. I used to have to get locked into the trunk with a flashlight and a garden hose flooding the outside trunk/roof area. The condensation is closer to the source of the leak or where it is puddling. You need to do some serious detective work before the car starts to stink. I had a 1987 Cutlass (brand new) and the rear window needed to be removed/ re-caulked to solve the problem. I took it back to the dealer 3x before they did what I told them to do. After that, the problem was gone. I could feel the wet carpet on the drivers side rear footwell .
Good luck !

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners