Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Factory Destroyed 2023 CT5-V Blackwing

CT5-V Model
Chick Fil A forgot to include my original sandwich in my drive thru order a few weeks ago. As a result, I ate a chicken strip and half a shake for dinner that night. I mentioned it the next time I went to pick up dinner and they comped the whole meal for my family of 4. I didn't even have to ask, I would have been happy with just the missing sandwich.

That's a lot of damage, regardless of the color of the car. GM has a long way to go to improve their customer experience for Cadillac customers. Makes it hard to justify paying 100k for a CT5VBW.
Makes it hard to believe they'll be successful with the 200k+ custom ordered Celestiq. The company is not really built to service the high end.

Chick Fil A forgot to include my original sandwich in my drive thru order a few weeks ago. As a result, I ate a chicken strip and half a shake for dinner that night. I mentioned it the next time I went to pick up dinner and they comped the whole meal for my family of 4. I didn't even have to ask, I would have been happy with just the missing sandwich.
That's above and beyond. Besides Chick Fil A, the only places I know that are as hospitable like that are in Texas. I was in Plano at a Whataburger and ordered a meal with a shake. Later I went up to get a cup for water and they gave me the biggest soft drink cup and said I could help myself to any drink I liked. I guess that's how things are from a hospitality standpoint.

Back home in California I went to get egg McMuffins on Wednesday and the cashier handed me the bag, ran my card handed it back and walked away. She never said a word to me, not even a scowl.

I wouldn’t say I’ve bought a large number of new cars (I buy used mainly), but from enough different manufacturers (Mazda, Mitsubishi, GM, Audi, Mercedes) to get a good idea of quality. I’ve never had subpar paint on any of them. For a product that has been around for over 100 years you would think companies would have worked out the process control kinks by now.

I had a black S4 for 9 years and when I sold it the paint was infinitely better than what I see here on newly delivered BWs. This car had been through automatic car washes a hundred times.

How is it that my Audi and Mercedes were built in Germany and put on a ship for a month and looked great when they arrived. Pretty simple really, the right processes and procedures, caring people, and team philosophy. I think the OPs car is more a reflection of today’s culture (especially in the United States) of not having any respect and dignity about one’s role in society and the workplace. Welcome to the new world order.

I wrote to Mary Barra last month, that was one of my points. How are the Big Three from Germany, Porsche and even Genesis shipping from Korea able to bring cars in such superior condition and GM, built next door is delivering trainwrecks?

Of course, no reply but I do have a development.

I need a glass of good Scotch to sooth the soul this evening.

I have a couple of thoughts: Firstly, it seems like you’ve put yourself in an unenviable position for negotiation having already consummated the deal. This from someone who refused delivery of a GT350R. Secondly, I question the wisdom of going public while negotiations are still underway. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Curious as to why you refused a GT350R

Taking delivery of this was an exceptionally poor decision on your part. Hope you can get it resolved.

Taking delivery of this was an exceptionally poor decision on your part. Hope you can get it resolved.

We did a paper delivery, if I didn't I would lose the car it's that simple. There's 60 people on the list and any one of those 60 would have taken it regardless of damage. That I'm confident.

I was also told that if the care package didn't go my way, they would no questions return my money completely.

This is unacceptable for a brand-new car to have these kind of paint issues. I know you’re not the only one with paint issues, but this is the worst I have ever seen. I can’t imagine the frustration and disappointment in waiting this long and then for the car to arrive like this. I don’t know how this could have passed QC. I really hope GM gets their act together and finds a solution for you. Keep us updated on how this pans out.

Sadly, I think this is part of it. We have a new house, and getting anything done is ridiculous. I think a lot goes back to COVID and has carried through to today. Nobody cares, nobody wants to work and when they show up, workmanship sucks for the most part. You can't get crews to work. Can't get materials. As far as cars, we all know the supply issues. It's sad what we've become.
When I had my garage built I hired the guy who did my kitchen. He did incredible work was detail oriented and I was completely satisfied. Unfortunately was downhill from there. Couldn't read blueprints properly and really wasn't too comfortable working with steel. Myself and 2 really close buddies tried doing setup work and helping at no discount mind you and he was a complete fail. Fired him, his concrete guy and, garage door installer. Not enough time and space to get into details but finished it in 2 years of literally every weekend. I never tried to get any type of cost discount. I have no problem paying for what I want and expect quality wise. Just hard to find anybody that has pride in their work anymore, sad.

My neighbor lost a bunch of money on a patio for a house he recently built. I think he paid something like half up front. Turns out the contractor had a gambling problem and blew the money then committed suicide.

^^^^^^^^^^Thats why they have to be properly vetted ! ^^^^^^^^^^^

Just saw this.
My 4BW had a RUN IN THE PAINT near the lower rear quarter near the wheel opening.
Rift.
Just sucked it up and had it 2000-3000 color sanded and then corrected and Ceramic Pro'd. Almost $4k (incl. Window tint). My detail guy said the rear spoiler looked like it was sanded from the factory and was harder to correct than the run in the paint.

Meanwhile I had a P Turbo S not be able to keep up with me on Rambla Pacifico on the way home from work last week. Funny.

^^^^^^^^^^Thats why they have to be properly vetted ! ^^^^^^^^^^^
Apparently he did great work before the gambling problem and certainly didn’t have a history of dying. Things can change in peoples lives. I’ve heard about this kind of thing before. Case in point, GM made great cars at one point in time, but that a long time ago.

I feel your pain. My Black Raven 4BW paint is the shittiest paint I have ever seen. Took delivery then noticed hood scuffs just as you have, not quite as bad but they are there as well as contaminates. This will be the last GM and definitely Cadillac product I ever buy. I have had paint correction, ceramic coating and a detail. Now it's back in to my detailer again for random overspray. I live in Oklahoma and hoping a tornado blows it away this spring. Values have tanked so lots of negative equity for me in this $35,000 car with $20,000 in engine upgrades and a $74,000 sticker. Yes, I feel suckered by the General.

I feel your pain. My Black Raven 4BW paint is the shittiest paint I have ever seen. Took delivery then noticed hood scuffs just as you have, not quite as bad but they are there as well as contaminates. This will be the last GM and definitely Cadillac product I ever buy. I have had paint correction, ceramic coating and a detail. Now it's back in to my detailer again for random overspray. I live in Oklahoma and hoping a tornado blows it away this spring. Values have tanked so lots of negative equity for me in this $35,000 car with $20,000 in engine upgrades and a $74,000 sticker. Yes, I feel suckered by the General.
I guess you should have followed your screen name advice and stuck with white!

Are you saying the paint issues appreciably change your financial picture on this car?

My family has been in the auto body repair business with 2 separate shops , since the end of the Korean War. The newer urethane paints are exceptional in holding up against the natural contaminants that are in the rain and air. Lacquer paint was by far the best looking at providing a mirror shine. BUT, it was very brittle when impacted by something like a love bug at 60 mph. Lacquer paint showed EVERY imperfection , especially in the darker colors. Urethane paints are lower volatility in regards to air pollution and easier to apply, costs less than lacquer, that mostly evaporated into the air. Metal and plastic had to be sprayed separately with lacquer paints. Now they have robots that do all the painting. I have a National Geographic dvd that shows the factory building of Challengers and Chargers. Very interesting to see the process. My family has pretty much owned nothing but white and light grey cars, just to avoid the OCD will come with trying to keep a black (dark color) car looking sharp. I just washed my Telluride after a month of winter filth. On a black car , I would be washing it everyday !
Keep us informed on what the dealer does or doesn't do to make things right.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back