Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Is there any way to get a new CT6-V now?

Considering they killed production over 2 years ago, I'd say no...

That is my question.
Probably not.....Just to report....Picked mine up about a year and a half ago. Nothing but good times on the street and the 1/8 mile dragstrip. That torque number and 4WD is a hoot getting off the line. Some sad Mustang and Camaro boys when I get done with them, although I would be probably killed in the Quarter!.
Have only seen two others here on Eastern Long Island in 18 months. Rare??...I guess so.
18K miles so far with no issues.
Find a low mileage one and you will be happy and have the REAL BLACKWING motor to boot!

From what I've read of that car over the past several months, it's China-market only. Given how slow sedans move in the U.S., I'd be surprised to see GM put money into something even bigger than the slow selling CT5 given the demands for lucrative SUVs and cross-overs.

From what I've read of that car over the past several months, it's China-market only. Given how slow sedans move in the U.S., I'd be surprised to see GM put money into something even bigger than the slow selling CT5 given the demands for lucrative SUVs and cross-overs.
You mean the bong!
You're both right!

You mean the bong!
weed smoking GIF

Almost the entire car was built in China. That may of had a play in its demise at the peak of COVID? Hmmm, Just speculating?

I had one of the two fuel pumps fail and brought it in the dealership for replacement. They had her for seven weeks and were struggling to replace the pump having the manufacturer "special make" a unit.

There were only a limited number of the "Blackwing" engines built and the few that were left over after production of the CT6 Blackwing ended, I believe, went into a few marine applications.
The engine was cool but very wide and difficult to fit into anything plus was very expensive to build. If there is a Chinese version, I doubt it has the real "Blackwing" engine.

GM called the CT6-V a "mistake" in an article I read.
I had one of the two fuel pumps fail and brought it in the dealership for replacement. They had her for seven weeks and were struggling to replace the pump having the manufacturer "special make" a unit.
There were only a limited number of the "Blackwing" engines built and the few that were left over after production of the CT6 Blackwing ended, I believe, went into a few marine applications.
The engine was cool but very wide and difficult to fit into anything plus was very expensive to build. If there is a Chinese version, I doubt it has the real "Blackwing" engine.
Maybe in hindsight due to being too specialized for mass production and component sharing?

since ordering my 5BW I too have been watching and reading up on the CT6V-4LTT and am perplexed why GM would spend millions on a BW engine development just to make 500 cars. So I am glad to see that the BW engine will continue on in another generation.

GM gonna GM. Simple as that. Not even worth thinking about.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back