Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

HUD Display fried

Akamai58

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing, 2024 CT4-V Blackwing Arrival Edition
Had to take my BW4 to the dealer this morning, the HUD was fried so they had to order a replacement. I also checked the back doors on the 4 and found that one of them didn't open from the inside, they checked that and found the hardware missing, they were able to install the hardware to get it working.

Uh...could you please elaborate? What hardware was missing??

Thx

I also checked the back doors on the 4 and found that one of them didn't open from the inside ...

Well, that's a new one for my delivery checklist.

Had to take my BW4 to the dealer this morning, the HUD was fried so they had to order a replacement. I also checked the back doors on the 4 and found that one of them didn't open from the inside, they checked that and found the hardware missing, they were able to install the hardware to get it working.
Dang. I don't have a HUD but I think the doors open but I may have to check the rears. :)

When I bought my car it was missing the driver's side sill plate. Easy fix, but you would think there is a checklist and that someone would have tried opening all 4 doors...

I used to poke fun at Tesla since I think my Model 3 was built outside in a tent (not kidding) but 3.5 year later and 40,000 miles it has been great.

also checked the back doors on the 4 and found that one of them didn't open from the inside, they checked that and found the hardware missing, they were able to install the hardware to get it working.

This is interesting!
My back door doesn’t open from the inside, and we tried looking for a child safety switch in the door jam. Maybe its really a case like yours …

Damn, WTF, was it built on a Monday or what.

Ok, I had to go out to the garage to see for myself. I never thought I would have to say this but I am happy to report that all the necessary hardware required to open the all the doors from the inside the car appears to be installed. 😏 Now if they can just fix my missing parking sensors...

Cray cray. One would think that a quick test of door function would be an easy QC test. If not for function but even safety. Hopefully all the seatbelts and brake pads were there at least.

This is interesting!
My back door doesn’t open from the inside, and we tried looking for a child safety switch in the door jam. Maybe its really a case like yours …

... on constraint?

Hey my car doesn't steer correctly. I would think doors are an afterthought compared to that.

The cable that attaches to the inside door handle was missing.
Season 7 Oops GIF by Workaholics

Ok, I had to go out to the garage to see for myself. I never thought I would have to say this but I am happy to report that all the necessary hardware required to open the all the doors from the inside the car appears to be installed. 😏 Now if they can just fix my missing parking sensors...
Yeah, I was wondering too when those parking sensor retrofits are coming.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back