Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Constraints Tracker

What does that do to the dealers allocation and/or TPW? Do they have to wait for another allocation, or do they just get the TPW pushed back?
The original allocation is kept, but the timeline (including TPW if there is one) is reset. At least, that's how my dealer's Cadillac rep explained it to them when I wanted to change my build.

The blower motors are like $50 bucks each, so like $100 a seat for the set. GM is only offering $25 compensation for cars being shipped without them...

From the article: "Affected units will be eligible for a dealer-installed feature retrofit at an unspecified later date."

That agrees with what my dealer told me.

So the $25 is not compensation for the missing feature. It's just a flat rate they credit the buyer for any missing feature. A fee for the inconvenience? Some statutory requirement?

I placed my order in January 2022. Two months ago, my dealership called to inform me that they had an allocation and could place an order, but.....there was still a chip shortage and I could not place the order with options that included the parking package, supercruise, digital review mirror, etc.

The dealership has been radio silent since then. Has anybody been able to successfully place an order for a CT5 Blackwing with these options? Is there any update from more knowledgeable forum members about this? Thanks.

Yes, I received allocation 2 days ago and the only constraint items for me was carbon fiber. I ordered the parking package without issue.

I tried ordering the CF rockers for a CT5 and parts department starting laughing at me and said good luck trying to get them. I thought that was funny
Is that profile picture of you in the owners' box or right next to it?

Cadillac emails on constraint.
Laugh out loud.

Well done, sir.

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Insecure on HBO

One of the press boxes, My friend from time to time let’s me watch the games from there
Had seats 225 row 2 aisle for many years (30 if you include the Vet)... we'd yell at Ed Wade years ago!... but to be truthful am thankful for him now as he did most of the building of that WS team!

Last edited:
The same week that your dealer got a CT5VBW allocation with those items on constraint, there could have been another dealer that was able to order those items. GM has a set number of options they allocate every week, and it changes every week (except for carbon fiber...that's never gonna change). So, what was available to others really doesn't tell the whole story.

Your dealer should be able to at least share with you the ordering constraints that they had when placing your order. My dealer sent me a screen shot of what they could order What is your order status? If it's at 3000 or higher, highly unlikely anything can be changed.
Thanks for the insight. I should have been more clear. I decided to hold off on ordering and wait until the parking package could be ordered. The understanding was that when the package was available and when another allocation became available that we would then place the order. It's interesting to hear that others are currently able to place orders with the parking package.

Thanks for the insight. I should have been more clear. I decided to hold off on ordering and wait until the parking package could be ordered. The understanding was that when the package was available and when another allocation became available that we would then place the order. It's interesting to hear that others are currently able to place orders with the parking package.

Are you ordering an automatic?

Story that I was told:
Parking Package must be ordered with Super Cruise. But, super cruise is not available.

the exception becomes manual transmission cars. Manuals can never have super cruise, thus they are still allowed parking package. Crazy times!

Story that I was told:
Parking Package must be ordered with Super Cruise. But, super cruise is not available.

the exception becomes manual transmission cars. Manuals can never have super cruise, thus they are still allowed parking package. Crazy times!
Hi! Yes I'm ordering an automatic.

Back in June, when the allocation became available, I was told that the parking package needed to be ordered with Super Cruise....but they didn't have the chips for Super Cruise. I do really want the parking package, but frankly, I would rather not have the Super Cruise as 1) I don't need or want it 2) I'm sure it will carry a hefty premium!

To those more knowledgeable, is super cruise available for order as of now for CT5 blackwings?

Story that I was told:

Exactly what I was told last week too.

Story that I was told:

Ignorant questions:
1. Does the Parking Package add anything important if you have a manual transmission?
2. Is there a difference between "Surround Vision Recorder" and "HD Surround Vision"?

Looks like the Parking Package lists the Surround Vision Recorder. And standard equipment lists HD Surround Vision.

Parking Package
$710
  • HD Surround Vision1
  • Surround Vision Recorder1 (deleted when a Super Cruise package is ordered)
  • Rear Camera Mirror1
  • Rear Pedestrian Alert1
  • Automatic Parking Assist with braking1 (automatic transmission only)
  • Hands-Free Decklid release with Cadillac logo projection light (deleted when Carbon Fiber 2 Package is ordered on V-Series Blackwing)
  • Cabin Air Ionizer
  • Outside heated power-adjustable, power-folding mirrors (V-Series only; standard on V-Series Blackwing)
  • May require additional optional equipment

Standard Equipment
HD Surround Vision includes HD Rear Vision Camera
  • Uses multiple cameras to display a digital overhead image of the area around your vehicle along with HD Rear Vision Camera or front views1
  • Selectable front and rear dynamic guidelines laid over the display image assist in parking maneuvers by showing the vehicle's path
  • It works at low speeds and may help you park and avoid nearby objects
  • You can select additional views on your camera display

Ignorant questions:
1. Does the Parking Package add anything important if you have a manual transmission?
2. Is there a difference between "Surround Vision Recorder" and "HD Surround Vision"?

Looks like the Parking Package lists the Surround Vision Recorder. And standard equipment lists HD Surround Vision.

Parking Package
$710
  • HD Surround Vision1
  • Surround Vision Recorder1 (deleted when a Super Cruise package is ordered)
  • Rear Camera Mirror1
  • Rear Pedestrian Alert1
  • Automatic Parking Assist with braking1 (automatic transmission only)
  • Hands-Free Decklid release with Cadillac logo projection light (deleted when Carbon Fiber 2 Package is ordered on V-Series Blackwing)
  • Cabin Air Ionizer
  • Outside heated power-adjustable, power-folding mirrors (V-Series only; standard on V-Series Blackwing)
  • May require additional optional equipment

Standard Equipment
HD Surround Vision includes HD Rear Vision Camera
  • Uses multiple cameras to display a digital overhead image of the area around your vehicle along with HD Rear Vision Camera or front views1
  • Selectable front and rear dynamic guidelines laid over the display image assist in parking maneuvers by showing the vehicle's path
  • It works at low speeds and may help you park and avoid nearby objects
  • You can select additional views on your camera display
Important for a manual? No

Awesome stuff to have regardless? Yes

700 bucks for a rear view camera mirror, the Surround vision recorder, hands free release alone is a great value.

The difference between the recorder and the standard surround vision is that, like the name implies, you can record what the camera see's. Basically it functions as a 360 degree dashcam which is pretty nifty. Couple that with the PDR dash cam functionality and you're ass is covered (unless you caused the accident).

I like the camera mirror for certain things, just not when I'm driving. The trunk hands free opening is something I really liked from my Mercedes and really wanted that. - Use it all the time.

I like the camera mirror for certain things, just not when I'm driving. The trunk hands free opening is something I really liked from my Mercedes and really wanted that. - Use it all the time.
Thats a great option that I miss also...

Important for a manual? No

Awesome stuff to have regardless? Yes

700 bucks for a rear view camera mirror, the Surround vision recorder, hands free release alone is a great value.

The difference between the recorder and the standard surround vision is that, like the name implies, you can record what the camera see's. Basically it functions as a 360 degree dashcam which is pretty nifty. Couple that with the PDR dash cam functionality and you're ass is covered (unless you caused the accident).

Thanks. I chose poorly then. :( I have the PDR but didn't realize I needed to order the "Parking Package" to be able to record what the SVR sees. I wish they had just led with "360-degree camera recording". I just saw "parking package" and breezed right past it. Not sure what a rear view camera mirror (when you already have a rear camera display in reverse) or trunk release or video recording have to do with parking, exactly. I have little interest in anything in that package except the camera recording. Oh well, too late now. Still a great car.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back