Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Pics of your Blackwing in regular parking spots

She is dirty but it's been raining in Dallas...

28249654-5185-4893-AFA7-BE86173481BE.JPG

Thats the non comp manual g80. I think I need more time with the 5bw to give an honest opinion. My initial thoughts are that if you want a manual, get the 5bw. The overall shifting experience is just better in every way vs the genetically “numb” feel of the g80. Since you have the x3m you already know the s58 is practically bulletproof. Currently its one of my favorite engines ive ever driven but that can change once i hit the 500 mile mark on the 5bw. Besides the shifter, both cars are very similar. Mag ride is brilliant on the ct5. G80 is definitely stiffer even in normal mode. Obviously the ct5 is heavier but it certainly doesnt feel like it is. The g80 might have slightly better turn in and front grip but again, i think i just need more time with 5bw. What i do know is that the 5bw is a better sedan if u have kids. The added leg room really makes a difference. Tbh if my wife didnt want a manual im pretty sure id also have the x3m

I did a bmw track event at Monticello and drove the xdrive comp pretty hard around the track and i dont even have the words to explain it. That car is EXTREMELY fast off the line. Corner entry/exit the car is just flat and on rails the entire time. So i mean theres pros and cons and needs and wants. To each his own.

45DPSx9.jpg
Get your groceries, as the kids say nowadays.
I would not have thought to order bronze wheels on Satin Steel. However, your idea was outstanding, this is far and away the best combination on this color. Well done Sir!

• Love Post
Reactions: TFG
Thats the non comp manual g80. I think I need more time with the 5bw to give an honest opinion. My initial thoughts are that if you want a manual, get the 5bw. The overall shifting experience is just better in every way vs the genetically “numb” feel of the g80. Since you have the x3m you already know the s58 is practically bulletproof. Currently its one of my favorite engines ive ever driven but that can change once i hit the 500 mile mark on the 5bw. Besides the shifter, both cars are very similar. Mag ride is brilliant on the ct5. G80 is definitely stiffer even in normal mode. Obviously the ct5 is heavier but it certainly doesnt feel like it is. The g80 might have slightly better turn in and front grip but again, i think i just need more time with 5bw. What i do know is that the 5bw is a better sedan if u have kids. The added leg room really makes a difference. Tbh if my wife didnt want a manual im pretty sure id also have the x3m

I did a bmw track event at Monticello and drove the xdrive comp pretty hard around the track and i dont even have the words to explain it. That car is EXTREMELY fast off the line. Corner entry/exit the car is just flat and on rails the entire time. So i mean theres pros and cons and needs and wants. To each his own.
Could not agree with you more. I have a lot of seat time in both the CT4-V Blackwing 6MT and an M4 Comp xDrive. I have driven a manual M3... as many reviews say, the BMW unit is not the car to save the manuals with. The Tremec blows it away. But the BMW wins on other points. Interior, no question. Assembly, fit & finish - also no question. And if you are going with an automatic, the S58 trumps both Blackwings. It is an amazing motor. Blackwing is so under the radar, that is a quality no BMW will ever have. Pros and cons to both.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back