Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Pics of your Blackwing in regular parking spots

FA175B45-1505-4DF1-9C23-D44CD9DF4B9F.jpeg

Waaay more room when parking front-first

View attachment 12018
I'm constantly using the the parking video (Over, under, sides, front back etc.. LOL) THE front end CF splitter! Seen 4k on the Caddy Accessory website to buy rear wing, Splitter? Sensors would help but I HAVE NONE YET..It's a slow drift into the parking space head first! Over here it's not what you would expect, decent placement and install of bumpers with no REBAR sticking up 8 inches, so its heads up most of the time. Shade is good now or days. HOT AS S!@# outside.

Last edited:
I'm constantly using the the parking video (Over, under, sides, front back etc.. LOL) THE front end CF splitter! Seen 4k on the Caddy Accessory website to buy? Sensors would help but I HAVE NONE YET..It's a slow drift into the parking space head first! Over here it's not what you would expect, decent placement and install of bumpers with no REBAR sticking up 8 inches, so its heads up most of the time. Shade is good now or days. HOT AS S!@# outside.
Oh I have them - I just don't trust what I cannot see :)
They start beeping/displaying pretty far away, so when they don't come on when I think they should I get worried.

This is also a reply to a couple of the guys earlier saying I was getting too close when backing in lol

Is it just me, or is nobody parked in actual parking spots in this photo? The Suby is perpendicular to the spot and you're not actually in a marked spot. lol
Parking spot= the spot that he parked in. I don't see the problem🤷‍♂️...I mean BMWs and Mercedes do it all the time😉🤣😁

I'll admit, I'm not parked perfectly...too far back, and not perfectly parallel on the other side.l. That spot is a big triangle, and the Subaru is definitely parked like a BMW. Here's the other side.
PXL_20220819_142710696.jpg

Is it just me, or is nobody parked in actual parking spots in this photo? The Suby is perpendicular to the spot and you're not actually in a marked spot.

That looks like the kind of spot you should back into, not only to avoid getting close to the splitter but to get closer to the curbed edge. Get farther away from the next car to park in the neighboring spot. And avoid having to step into the dirt when you exit/enter the car once you do that.

That looks like the kind of spot you should back into, not only to avoid getting close to the splitter but to get closer to the curbed edge. Get farther away from the next car to park in the neighboring spot. And avoid having to step into the dirt when you exit/enter the car once you do that.
This man knows how to optimize :)
I reverse in, get as far left as possible, and effectively enter/exit between 2 ferns... I mean trees. Gives my parking neighbours more room too. The guy 3 spots over in his AMG s63 wagon gets pinched on both sides, poor guy.

I also miss the side bolsters on entry since I fall in, lol

Attachments

• 20220822_184243.jpg
    20220822_184243.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 108
You put way too much thought into this... and it's good to know that I'm not the only one👍

In addition, I also gently tap my feet against the baseboard a couple times to have any further loose grit fall off my shoes before I step into my car (I know, I know...I have a problem).

It's funny because my wife typically rolls her eyes at me... but gosh forbid I make an exception to my routine she points it out to me. (As any wife should🤣)

This man knows how to optimize :)
I reverse in, get as far left as possible, and effectively enter/exit between 2 ferns... I mean trees. Gives my parking neighbours more room too. The guy 3 spots over in his AMG s63 wagon gets pinched on both sides, poor guy.

I also miss the side bolsters on entry since I fall in, lol

I know exactly what you mean as I fall in my car too. Lol

LikelyRareJabiru-max-1mb.gif

You put way too much thought into this... and it's good to know that I'm not the only one👍

In addition, I also gently tap my feet against the baseboard a couple times to have any further loose grit fall off my shoes before I step into my car (I know, I know...I have a problem).

It's funny because my wife typically rolls her eyes at me... but gosh forbid I make an exception to my routine she points it out to me. (As any wife should🤣)

I absolutely do, and it drives my daughters nuts .... little do they know, they're learning/absorbing this thought process the whole time!

I wouldn't even call it "thought" at this point. It's instinctive. You just look at that spot and instantly know that you know you need to back in.

I also do the tap against the baseboard thing if I'm wearing shoes. But I'll go one step further: Often I'll wear sandals or flip flops. I take the right sandal off as I'm getting into the car, then the left--never actually stepping in the car with dirty shoes. Bang them together, get all the dirt off, stash them sole-to-sole in the footwell, then drive barefoot. Don't laugh until you've tried it!

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners