Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Bugs, etc., on the side windows

Tuna

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'11 V Wagon, ( '13 427 Vette & '21 Vette)
After 3 or so road trips, I have come to realize that the outside rearview mirror housings need to be redesigned. The flat vertical facet on the inside of the mirror facing the car is perfect for deflecting bugs, rocks and whatever into the front door side windows (or inside the car if the window is down).

My recent road trip to Ft. Stockton, TX was a bug killer. More than once, I caught a bug on the inside of the mirror housing and had it deflected on to the window - thus leaving a nice bug guts mess on the window. If the window is down, the bug stuff or whatever ends up in the back seat.

Roll down the window to pay a toll or get a burger and the bug guts get scrapped off on the doors weather seal. I hope the next CTS design has a better outside mirror housing.

Now that you mention it, Tuna I noticed the same thing on the trip back from New Orleans with my new baby. It also seems the bugs in the south are a lot bigger and messier (is that a word:lol:) I did help that it ended up raining later, before everything got 'baked' on and washed off pretty easy. They should have used the design on the XLR mirrors, I don't have that happen, although the top is down most of the time!!

After 3 or so road trips, I have come to realize that the outside rearview mirror housings need to be redesigned. The flat vertical facet on the inside of the mirror facing the car is perfect for deflecting bugs, rocks and whatever into the front door side windows (or inside the car if the window is down).

My recent road trip to Ft. Stockton, TX was a bug killer. More than once, I caught a bug on the inside of the mirror housing and had it deflected on to the window - thus leaving a nice bug guts mess on the window. If the window is down, the bug stuff or whatever ends up in the back seat.

Roll down the window to pay a toll or get a burger and the bug guts get scrapped off on the doors weather seal. I hope the next CTS design has a better outside mirror housing.

Only my V does this. My Vette has very round mirror housings, so a bug has to hit exactly the right spot to be deflected into the side window and my Volt has a flat mirror housing side that is aligned with the wind.

The bugs between OKC and Ft. Stockton were awful last week and I got them on both front door windows. So, every gas stop, I cleaned the windshield and the side windows.

I can imagine my front passenger (like my wife)..while enjoying the scenery and the fresh air..suddenly start cursing like they have tourette cuz they got some nasty-yellow bug guts on themselves..:lol: Unfortunately, for those that enjoy the long drive and the scenery (like myself), this is part of the experience. I've never experienced this in my V since I don't really drive it out of town too often (that's what our MDX is for), but I'll take your word on the redesign.

Next time I drive my V out of town, I'll be sure to keep the windows up..

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back