Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Black Emblems

IMSA-01-fan

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Not great pics but here is what it looks like with all black emblems.

Attachments

• 20211019_111256.jpg
    20211019_111256.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,311
  • Inked20211019_111307.jpg
    Inked20211019_111307.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,694
That looks awesome. Likely my first upgrade along with tints.

I'm going to grab a set of these soon as well. I think I'm going to de-badge the rest of the car though.

Thanks for this! I managed to grab a set of the front and rear badges before they went out of stock at Savage Cadillac. Is that what you used on the front? I assume you had to pull off the bumper cover to install it?

Thanks for this! I managed to grab a set of the front and rear badges before they went out of stock at Savage Cadillac. Is that what you used on the front? I assume you had to pull off the bumper cover to install it?
Yes same one. No I did not drop the bumper cover although that would work. I just loosened the flimsy plastic strip near the hood latch between bumper cover top and the engine bay from looking down. Then reached in there and unlatched clips on the passenger side. Then I was able to pry it out enough and pull it out the front. Just make sure you are prying at the right spot and there should be no more silver. Some of the other clips did break on the factory emblem but I could not get my hand on all of them. Now it is a decoration on my toolbox.

Yes same one. No I did not drop the bumper cover although that would work. I just loosened the flimsy plastic strip near the hood latch between bumper cover top and the engine bay from looking down. Then reached in there and unlatched clips on the passenger side. Then I was able to pry it out enough and pull it out the front. Just make sure you are prying at the right spot and there should be no more silver. Some of the other clips did break on the factory emblem but I could not get my hand on all of them. Now it is a decoration on my toolbox.

Awesome, thanks for the insight. I had to pull the bumper cover on my Camaro for the light-up bowtie and the bolts at the corners are a PITA with the fender liner still attached.

I pretty much did the same thing for the emblem on the front of my car too

I ordered the deepbluechrome carbon fiber ones. But it takes 3-5 weeks for them to come in. I am on week 4 now. I am hoping they arrive before my BW, so that I can have the dealer install them.

@IMSA-01-fan , did you have to release the rear emblem by pinching the posts from the backside? Trying to determine if I need to pull the trunk lid liner or if it can all be done from the outside with heat and fishing line

@IMSA-01-fan , did you have to release the rear emblem by pinching the posts from the backside? Trying to determine if I need to pull the trunk lid liner or if it can all be done from the outside with heat and fishing line
You do not need to remove the liner. I had same concern, but another user told me you didn't need to and they were right. Just use fishing line or dental floss to cut as much of the sticky pad and then slow tear the badge off (may want to heat it a little), may need a little force. This will break the the two guide clips off from the original badge and they will still be stuck in the car. Then use a plastic trim tool or something that won't scratch the paint and use it to press one side of the clips in and they will pop out pretty easy.

Removing the rear deck lid liner is a very quick job. The instructions are incomplete, but for anyone that has worked on interior trim panels to a modest degree, it’s easy to figure out.

I would be very careful in putting anything under the emblem that it doesn’t inadvertently scratch the paint. Even a soft plastic tool will scratch the paint.

No matter which method, heat up the emblem with a hairdryer.

If anyone wants blacked out v badges, PM me and I'll send them to you for shipping costs. I didn't like them on my wave blue as they were too dark and blended in. I replaced with colored inserts. These will need adhesive backed but they are metal and good quality

Attachments

• IMG_20220807_101513.jpg
    IMG_20220807_101513.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20220807_101715.jpg
    IMG_20220807_101715.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 146

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed