Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Question about Performance Steering Wheel

majamil

Hey guys, got a quick question for you all who have placed an order for the 4BW.

I see a line item on my order for the Performance Steering Wheel for $500. However, I read that the initial 250 BWs will have that as standard. Should the dealer remove that option from the list? Just curious to see if you all have the same thing on your order.

I asked my dealer about this and he had to check with Cadillac, but ultimately he came back and said that all of the 250 vehicles will receive the performance wheel with the vin plaque. Therefore, I did not select that option when ordering.

The other thing is that the performance steering wheel comes with the upgraded interiors so, only those who are a part of the 1st 500 who opt for the basic interior would get it for free.

Performance steering wheel will be included in all 500 initial BWs. Once your final build is done and ready to be shipped to dealer, you should see the correct total. My guess is that GM will just keep the same order process for the future BWs and that's why there is no specific discount/option of first 500 in the order workbench.

Here is a link confirming the availability of performance steering.

Are you thinking that those, in the first 500, who chose an interior that includes the performance steering wheel will receive a credit?

Guys, I just got a call from my dealer. He said that it was just relayed to him that the Performance Steering Wheel would not be a free option and that you would lose out on the VIN number plaque if you chose to order the Blackwing without the wheel. Needless to say I added the wheel onto my build, but I want to post to let everyone else know, so that nobody misses out because of Cadillac's mixed messaging.

Guys, I just got a call from my dealer. He said that it was just relayed to him that the Performance Steering Wheel would not be a free option and that you would lose out on the VIN number plaque if you chose to order the Blackwing without the wheel. Needless to say I added the wheel onto my build, but I want to post to let everyone else know, so that nobody misses out because of Cadillac's mixed messaging.
That does not sound correct. Are you sure that you dealer is not pulling a fast one to make you pay for it?

As posted above
"All of those who reserve one of the 500 Blackwings will have their sedan equipped with the performance steering wheel featuring a serialized plate etched with the five-digit portion of the vehicle’s VIN.

That does not sound correct. Are you sure that you dealer is not pulling a fast one to make you pay for it?

As posted above
The dealer has been pretty straight with me this whole time, so I don't have any reason to believe he would be making it up. I have a feeling Cadillac wrote that originally intending to offer the steering wheel as standard on all trim levels (similar to how they originally were going to offer the suede/leather seats in grey as well as black), and then later changed course. In any case, I don't want to not order it and then end up not getting it. If I find out others on here were able to successfully get their dealer to honor the free promo, I will be raising hell with the dealership.

That undisclosed gift better be good! 😉😂

That undisclosed gift better be good! 😉😂
That undisclosed gift will be this
As an added bonus to customers who purchase these Blackwings, owners will get a special two-day track package. Owners can attend Cadillac’s V-Series Academy driving school at the Spring Mountain Motor Resort and Country Club in Pahrump, Nevada.

That undisclosed gift will be this
There’s supposed to be a yet to be disclosed gift in addition to the track package which has already been disclosed. Although, there was supposed to be a free performance steering wheel as well...

There’s supposed to be a yet to be disclosed gift in addition to the track package which has already been disclosed. Although, there was supposed to be a free performance steering wheel as well...
My money's on the undisclosed gift being a keychain

One little “Easter Egg” that I don’t think we’ve talked about is that your key fobs are supposed to match the color that you select for your brake calipers.

One little “Easter Egg” that I don’t think we’ve talked about is that your key fobs are supposed to match the color that you select for your brake calipers.
I read somewhere else that starting in 2021, the regular V models receive color matching fobs. Not quite sure that qualifies as a gift.

If this is really the case, it makes a better argument to just go for a non base interior trim. I really can't tell from the brochure but seems that the base seats are the exact same ones as those in the base ct4, cosmetically at least, can anyone confirm?

That's only if you add a color caliper. If you go with default then you don't get anything :)
really can't tell from the brochure but seems that the base seats are the exact same ones as those in the base ct4, cosmetically at least, can anyone confirm?
Yes, based on the pictures and the CT4-V (non BW) that I saw the base seats are same as the current CT4-V version.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back