Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Carbon bits

You're talking about the difference between a decorative spoiler (the V) and a functional one (the BW).

The V spoiler doesn't need anywhere near the same level of attachment strength because it doesn't actually do anything. The BW spoiler would severely bend the trunk lid sheet metal if it didn't have the extra support bolts due to the downforce it generates.

You could easily look this up the the parts diagram of the CT5-V spoiler, but I'm too lazy to do so.

I dont want the BW CF spoiler, so adding holes is not needed. I know its functional. I will never be taking the car to a track so I do need to downforce. I merely want a intermediate spoiler option between the small base version, and the CF BW version. The CT4 BW has a unique non-CF spoiler. Not the CT5BW, from everything I've seen and can find, the 5 non-CF spoiler is the same tiny lip spoiler that comes on a base CT5.

Ah, OK. I think I might have been a little confused by what you were looking for. You're right. It does look like they're using the regular 'V' spoiler on the non-CF BW5. Which, ironically enough, was what I was *hoping* they would do on the BW4! 🤦‍♂️ Or at least have it be body-matched.

There's great pictures of both in this thread:

Looking at how far the carbon spoiler wraps around the trunk lid (practically onto the side of the car) I would say there's no way that thing is held on with only the same number of screws as the non-CF spoiler (3). It wraps so far down on the trunk lid that even if it weren't for the downforce, it'd need something else out at the ends to just keep it attached. I'd bet dollars to donuts there's 5 bolts holding that thing on.

Ah, OK. I think I might have been a little confused by what you were looking for. You're right. It does look like they're using the regular 'V' spoiler on the non-CF BW5. Which, ironically enough, was what I was *hoping* they would do on the BW4! 🤦‍♂️ Or at least have it be body-matched.

There's great pictures of both in this thread:

Looking at how far the carbon spoiler wraps around the trunk lid (practically onto the side of the car) I would say there's no way that thing is held on with only the same number of screws as the non-CF spoiler (3). It wraps so far down on the trunk lid that even if it weren't for the downforce, it'd need something else out at the ends to just keep it attached. I'd bet dollars to donuts there's 5 bolts holding that thing on.
I bought this spoiler on eBay and it looks great. Isnt perfect but gets a lot of complimemts. I bought for 265 bux last fall but they have gone up to around 600. Its real carbon ( hollow) i drilled a couple holes for it through the bottom and bolted it on as well as double sided tape. Ive seen 161 and stayed just fine. Might be an option for you Fit For Cadillac CT5 V 2020-2022 Carbon Fiber Rear Trunk Spoiler Wing Flap 1PCS | eBay

Attachments

• 20211228_114653.jpg
    20211228_114653.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 226
Couple more pics

Attachments

• 20220207_195739.jpg
    20220207_195739.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 196
  • 20220207_195919.jpg
    20220207_195919.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 200
I would be in for CF splitter for sure and possibly the spoiler if it was made to use the same holes as the standard CT4BW spoiler.

I'd like to upgrade my base rear spoiler. i dont especially want carbon fiber - plastic or fiberglass OK with me, or carbon fiber, but not for $600! i do like the look of what you got there. but they also seem to charge a ton for shipping,

Posted this somewhere else, but fyi a cf1 spoiler looks to be on ebay. No idea how this came about or if it's legit but it's got bolts on it and not just tape underneath. Anyone wanna buy it to use as a mold?

I'm in for at least a splitter

Thanks for this link. I messaged the seller and snagged it!
I had made the first bid for $0.99, lol. When I got the bid cancellation notice, I had assumed the seller ended the auction because someone here bought it.

Last edited:
I had made the first bid for $0.99, lol. I assumed the seller ended the auction because someone here bought it.
I'm sorry. 😬
It was a good day yesterday. My 5BW was delivered and I scored an OEM spoiler. Now I just need to find someone to swap me their Tech Bronze wheels for my dark graphite. Then I'll finally be happy(kidding)

Looks like reproducing CF1 on a a non carbon fiber option car will be a bit of a challenge on the 4BW. The front facia is different between a CF1 car and a non CF car. The holes for the lower splitter are different. But more importantly the facia is reinforced where the tabs for the canards are.

The non CF1 bumper cover is 85153557 vs the CF1 bumper 8513560

Looks like reproducing CF1 on a a non carbon fiber option car will be a bit of a challenge on the 4BW. The front facia is different between a CF1 car and a non CF car. The holes for the lower splitter are different. But more importantly the facia is reinforced where the tabs for the canards are.

@Mirza Grebovic said this months ago and maybe why CF will not be able to be purchased thru GM/Cadillac... I read on another forum yesterday that Cadillac will not be offering CF as an option to be added later..... I have been saying this for months, is it true, I CANT CONFIRM.....

@Mirza Grebovic said this months ago and maybe why CF will not be able to be purchased thru GM/Cadillac... I read on another forum yesterday that Cadillac will not be offering CF as an option to be added later..... I have been saying this for months, is it true, I CANT CONFIRM.....
Oh I'm aware, and I think it can be done but unless a person is willing to buy the whole facia it's going to take a bit more in terms of fastener solutions to mod a non CF1 car. More than just collecting all the replica or oem bits and bobs unless that facia is one of them.

I do like the structural rigidity the tabs and slits offer over a pins/bolts and holes design can afford.

Nothing a few 3d printed reinforcement blocks and a template couldn't overcome I'm sure.

Are you saying that if one was able to order a CF front splitter only that it would not be able to be attached to a non CF BW or you referring to the canards

That sucks...
...oh, um, what I mean is, if anyone with a Shadow Metallic 4BW doesn't like the look of those tacky bits of 'carbon fiber' (I mean is it even real CF? Can anyone ever know for sure?) on the front of their car and are regretting getting them, I am happy to swap front ends, I'll even throw in a few extra bucks, because I'm a polite Canadian and it's what we do.

HTH ;-)

Are you saying that if one was able to order a CF front splitter only that it would not be able to be attached to a non CF BW or you referring to the canards
The non CF1 facia has two molded in spliters in front of the tires, the CFI facia is flat. So the oem Cf1 splitter is not a direct bolt up to the non CF facia. The canards are a whole other kettle of fish.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back