Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Carbon bits

frankfast97

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 ct5-v blackwing (on order)
Since GM can’t seem to get carbon, but my race team can….would there be a market for folks who order ct4 and 5 Blackwings to purchase aftermarket carbon bits? If we could somehow get our hands on a some GM carbon bits to mold off of, we could price out making a run of say 100 splitters or something. If my car actually gets here we can use it to mock up and make the molds off of.

I probably would be if the price was right.

Though for me personally, I'd be interested in carbon versions of the non-CF plastic aero parts. For my taste, the CF packages were a bit to aggressive, but it'd be cool to have the more subtle versions in CF.

I skipped the CF options when I ordered since I really only wanted the larger rear spoiler and figured I could order that later or possibly Anderson Composites may eventually offer it (they have no plans currently). I would also consider a rear diffuser if it still retained the hands-free trunk latch.

I mainly want to replicate the carbon 1 package since I feel like that’s what most folks wanted but may have to opt out to get their car in a timely manner…the problem is I’m probably still 3-6 months or more getting my car to use for mock up

I mainly want to replicate the carbon 1 package since I feel like that’s what most folks wanted but may have to opt out to get their car in a timely manner…the problem is I’m probably still 3-6 months or more getting my car to use for mock up
I'd probably want a set of either Standard Parts in Carbon or Replicas of the Real Carbon Parts.
I think offering someone a discount, on Full PPF, might entice them to give up their parts, while the PPF is getting done ; )

Larger spoiler would be on my list of things I'd like. The diffuser was the other item I was interested in. As much as I'd like the front splitter, I know the roads here would destroy it in no time at all. The side canards might be interesting too depending on the pricing.

I'd probably like a replica of the carbon fiber rear spoiler in order to paint match body color. However, I'd like it to only use the holes that the base spoiler uses and not need aditional holes drilled(if there's any difference to begin with).

I'd probably like a replica of the carbon fiber rear spoiler in order to paint match body color. However, I'd like it to only use the holes that the base spoiler uses and not need aditional holes drilled(if there's any difference to begin with).
That’s a winning business idea. Similarly, do we know if the CF1 splitter uses different holes in the bumper?

Since GM can’t seem to get carbon, but my race team can….would there be a market for folks who order ct4 and 5 Blackwings to purchase aftermarket carbon bits? If we could somehow get our hands on a some GM carbon bits to mold off of, we could price out making a run of say 100 splitters or something. If my car actually gets here we can use it to mock up and make the molds off of.

I'd be interested. My dealer contacted me last week and told me that I would need to remove the Carbon Fiber 1 package in order to get my build through. I removed it, but I really want the carbon front splitter and spoiler.

That’s a winning business idea. Similarly, do we know if the CF1 splitter uses different holes in the bumper?
I am already in the process of doing this... I am just waiting on my spoiler to arrive

There's a cheap "carbon fiber" CT5 spoiler on ebay. I'm kinda curious how that'd work. I also think it only mounts with double sided tape, maybe bolts too, nut sure. Not the best but if the contour is a match for the ct5v/ct5vBW trunk, I could add studs where needed to mount it better. Plus I wouldn't feel bad about painting that "CF" since who knows how real it actually is.

Also, if anyone makes "replica" CF parts for the BW, I think they'd have to match the weave pattern that cadillac used with the "v" starting in the middle, and moving outwards/back.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
For sure would be interested in the rear diffuser and the side skirts

There's a cheap "carbon fiber" CT5 spoiler on ebay. I'm kinda curious how that'd work. I also think it only mounts with double sided tape, maybe bolts too, nut sure. Not the best but if the contour is a match for the ct5v/ct5vBW trunk, I could add studs where needed to mount it better. Plus I wouldn't feel bad about painting that "CF" since who knows how real it actually is.

Also, if anyone makes "replica" CF parts for the BW, I think they'd have to match the weave pattern that cadillac used with the "v" starting in the middle, and moving outwards/back.

s-l1600.jpg
Careful on this one. The OEM blackwing spoiler is functional, so it has two more (VERY LARGE) bolt holes at the outer ends that the base model CT5-V's spoiler doesn't have. If this eBay-special follows the same contact profile as the OEM spoiler, you will have open visible holes on your trunk lid where it mounts on the BW.

I really like the carbon spoiler for the 4. It's a bit more aggressive than the non carbon version. What I did find interesting was the carbon version on the 5 looks identical in size to the non carbon version from the 4. I assumed both carbon version would be the same but they aren't.

Careful on this one. The OEM blackwing spoiler is functional, so it has two more (VERY LARGE) bolt holes at the outer ends that the base model CT5-V's spoiler doesn't have. If this eBay-special follows the same contact profile as the OEM spoiler, you will have open visible holes on your trunk lid where it mounts on the BW.
Well, Since I have the base spoiler, non-CF, it should be the same spoiler as the optional one on the base CT5. Not sure if the CT5-V spoiler is any different from that one. The link I posted is a spoiler "designed" or at least marketed for the base CT5. I know the BW CF spoiler has extra mounting locations but with my base spoiler, I shouldn't have the additional holes on my trunk lid for the BW CF spoiler. I like the look of the duckbill version I posted but upon closer inspection of the poor quality pics, it seems that spoiler is almost too generic and not fit good enough to the car. It seems to sit too far forward on the trunk and not way back on the edge, plus from looking at the pics you can tell how wavy the top surface is, its horrible. The same one seems to sell on ebay for like 500+200 shipping from china, or 100-200 total shipped from cali. Ultimately, I guess I'll wait around for a larger spoiler for the 5, thats not the BW version and has a better build quality. My friend has some of his own design CF parts made for the toyota MR2 market so I'll get in touch with him to see what my options may be. Perhaps if we design a nice duckbill version(not too big) to mount on the base spoiler holes, we would just need to have a small production run made. Its something to think about, but not a priority.

Negative.

I also have the base (non-carbon) BW spoiler and can 100% confirm that the regular V model spoiler does not fit. I didn't particularly love the BW spoiler look either, but I wanted to go the opposite direction and wanted to put a regular V spoiler on mine to make it more subtle. I went and bought the OEM v spoiler from my dealer and tried to mount it. It was a total fail.

There are 5 holes on the BW spoiler and only 3 holes on the V spoiler. The outer most holes on the BW spoiler are oval shaped and probably 1" x 5/8". They have a big plastic clip that goes into them and then a bolt that passes through that. (Also noteworthy: that plastic clip is a HUUUUGE PITA to remove.) Those huge holes are only partially covered if you put a V spoiler on it because the V spoiler has a smaller footprint.

If the eBay spoiler has the same footprint as the V spoiler, it is not compatible with the BW. Trust me. I learned this the hard way. Just trying to save you a headache.

Attachments

• 20210908_185332.jpg
    20210908_185332.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 155
Can anyone confirm whether or not the normal BW spoiler can be replaced with the CF BW without drilling additional holes?

Negative.

I also have the base (non-carbon) BW spoiler and can 100% confirm that the regular V model spoiler does not fit. I didn't particularly love the BW spoiler look either, but I wanted to go the opposite direction and wanted to put a regular V spoiler on mine to make it more subtle. I went and bought the OEM v spoiler from my dealer and tried to mount it. It was a total fail.

There are 5 holes on the BW spoiler and only 3 holes on the V spoiler. The outer most holes on the BW spoiler are oval shaped and probably 1" x 5/8". They have a big plastic clip that goes into them and then a bolt that passes through that. (Also noteworthy: that plastic clip is a HUUUUGE PITA to remove.) Those huge holes are only partially covered if you put a V spoiler on it because the V spoiler has a smaller footprint.

If the eBay spoiler has the same footprint as the V spoiler, it is not compatible with the BW. Trust me. I learned this the hard way. Just trying to save you a headache.
But is that only the 4BW, what about the 5BW? Can anyone confirm a difference between the non-CF BW spoiler and the base spoiler on the 5s?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back