Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing Order Guide

... and items go on and off constraint all the time! By the time your dealer is assigned an allocation, your color may be available! Hang in there!
Plus there are levels (percentages) of constraint... so it doesn't necessarily that there is zero availability at that time. It may just be (very) limited availability vs the total number of allocations offered that week.

My salesman (aka) inventory manager just finished inputting my build for their first 23’ 5BW allocation a few hrs ago right in front of us. He was having an issue selecting parking package with auto trans because it was making us take super cruise despite it not being available. He tried to work around it but it kept shitting on the parking package. So the only way for us to close up this 5BW auto order is without the parking package. I really want to add it if there was some work around.

Anyone have any info on this??

Thanks!

My salesman (aka) inventory manager just finished inputting my build for their first 23’ 5BW allocation a few hrs ago right in front of us. He was having an issue selecting parking package with auto trans because it was making us take super cruise despite it not being available. He tried to work around it but it kept shitting on the parking package. So the only way for us to close up this 5BW auto order is without the parking package. I really want to add it if there was some work around.

Anyone have any info on this??

Thanks!
This is what is in the ordering book for 2023 BW5 - READ FOOTNOTE 2 which is for the Blackwing. If Super Cruise is on constraint, then that explains why the order was not accepted. (Just a wild guess on my part.)

Y6L Parking Package, includes (KEM) Air Ionizer, (DRZ) Rear Camera Mirror and (TL3) Hands-Free Decklid Release 1 - Requires (PCK) Premium Package and (Y26) Navigation Package. Includes (UKK) Rear Pedestrian Alert, (UKG) Automatic Parking Assist with braking, (UV2) HD Surround Vision, (XVR) Surround Vision Recorder and (DXR) outside heated power-adjustable, power-folding mirrors. Included with (PCJ) Platinum Package. 2 - Requires (WKA) Super Cruise 2 Package when (MHX) 10-speed automatic transmission is ordered. Includes (UKG) Automatic Parking Assist with braking when (MHX) 10-speed automatic transmission is ordered. (TL3) Hands-Free Decklid Release deleted when (CFV) Carbon Fiber 2 Package is ordered.

I had noticed some of those packaging requirements when the ordering guide came out. Now, constraints are making it impossible to "unpackage" them. :(

The dealer where I got my ct5 BW order has 2 allocations available in the north east. He wants 7500 Over msrp. He will be placing the order tomorrow so anyone is interested please DM…don’t shoot the messenger lol

Does anyone know if the rear camera mirror or 3D surround view will be an available option for the 23 CT4 Blackwing? Don’t understand how they offer carbon fiber without the cameras

Does anyone know if the rear camera mirror or 3D surround view will be an available option for the 23 CT4 Blackwing? Don’t understand how they offer carbon fiber without the cameras
Based on the 2023 ordering guide, no they won't be offered. I think they are keeping it out of the 4 as a differentiator for the 5. If it is important to you, there is a forum member who has retrofit the mirror camera.

For me, I get my 3D surround view by turning my head and looking out the windows. ;)

Has anyone seen any of the new 2023 Blackwing colors in-person (excluding the paint samples in the booklet posted here awhile back)?

Based on the 2023 ordering guide, no they won't be offered. I think they are keeping it out of the 4 as a differentiator for the 5. If it is important to you, there is a forum member who has retrofit the mirror camera.

For me, I get my 3D surround view by turning my head and looking out the windows. ;)
Old guy take on this - We have had several cars with 3-D cameras and frankly, I am not sure they are terrible useful. However, the front camera and grid on my 5BW is great and helps me park in our rather tight garage. I use the front and back cameras a lot, just not sure I trust / use the 3D view much.

I was looking forward to the mirror camera as I thought that would be a great addition. It got turned off within a few miles of leaving the dealership. Explanation - I wear variable focus lenses in my glasses and when I glanced up at the rear view mirror, I got brain freeze. The mirror is rather close and when I glance at it, I am using the distance part (top) of my glasses and the mirror video is just a fuzzy mess. I have to move my head up and down to find the section of my glasses that brings it into focus. With a mirror, the focus distance is the sum of the distance from you to the mirror plus the distance from the mirror to the object. (ok, I had to look that up but curiosity got the best of me). Therefor the mirror appears in focus while the camera view doesn't using the distance part of my glasses.

I know most of you could care less about this and I wish I was one of you but for the old guys, just a bit of useless information. :)

Old guy take on this - We have had several cars with 3-D cameras and frankly, I am not sure they are terrible useful. However, the front camera and grid on my 5BW is great and helps me park in our rather tight garage. I use the front and back cameras a lot, just not sure I trust / use the 3D view much.

I was looking forward to the mirror camera as I thought that would be a great addition. It got turned off within a few miles of leaving the dealership. Explanation - I wear variable focus lenses in my glasses and when I glanced up at the rear view mirror, I got brain freeze. The mirror is rather close and when I glance at it, I am using the distance part (top) of my glasses and the mirror video is just a fuzzy mess. I have to move my head up and down to find the section of my glasses that brings it into focus. With a mirror, the focus distance is the sum of the distance from you to the mirror plus the distance from the mirror to the object. (ok, I had to look that up but curiosity got the best of me). Therefor the mirror appears in focus while the camera view doesn't using the distance part of my glasses.

I know most of you could care less about this and I wish I was one of you but for the old guys, just a bit of useless information. :)
FYI- different take for me...as I am 50 years old and am extremely nearsighted, have presbyopia, and a bit of astigmatism, plus I wear a different strength contact lense in each eye... and I love my rear mirror camera. (Maybe I'd feel different if I drove while wearing my glasses instead?)

I wear progressive lenses. It was a little disorienting at first but I'm used to it now. I'm happy with the wider angle view it provides.

Canadian here, I was gven a production date of August 1st for my non-CF 6MT. I've had a few cars but never been this excited.

Has anyone been able to confirm 2023 pricing for Canada?

Last edited:
I wear progressive lenses. It was a little disorienting at first but I'm used to it now. I'm happy with the wider angle view it provides.
I saw this article a while ago.

I can tell you that it's a lot harder to tell if the white suv behind me is a Ford Explorer (cop) or not with the camera mirror.

I have progressive lenses too. if/when I ever get my car i hope i can get the digital mirror to work for me.

LOL, that guy comes off as the typical hater. If he doesn't like it , then no one should. My brain had the capability to adapt, but I guess his couldn't. Then, there is the if you don't like it, don't use it solution.

Therefor the mirror appears in focus while the camera view doesn't using the distance part of my glasses.

I agree, rear view camera pretty useless if you wear glasses with progressive lenses.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back