Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Rift Metallic

RDATLTE

FKA: Sticker Boy & CT4-V Blackwing
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing Road Atlanta IMSA Track Edition
Is anyone considering Rift? Has anyone actually seen a car in Rift?

Rift is available on the regular 2021 CT4-V and CT5-V. If you go into the "Build & Price" configurator on Cadillac Luxury Vehicles: Sedans, SUVs, & Electric, you can build one in that color and get a good sense of it. Granted these aren't the Blackwing but it should give you a good sense of what it looks like on the body style.
Thanks, I'm aware. I finally found one 75 miles away that I'm going to see this Saturday. Nothing like seeing it in person.

Thanks, I'm aware. I finally found one 75 miles away that I'm going to see this Saturday. Nothing like seeing it in person.
Agreed. For me, the Infrared Tintcoat looked really good online but seeing it in person on a CT5-V at the dealer, especially in natural light, completely sold me on it.

Agreed. For me, the Infrared Tintcoat looked really good online but seeing it in person on a CT5-V at the dealer, especially in natural light, completely sold me on it.
This one is unfortunately in the show room. Hopefully, they'll pull it out into natural light for me.

I saw rift metallic today on a ct5v. I was shocked, it looked awesome. I thought it was gonna be tan from the website but in person it's more like chalk. Like chalk on Porsche. It almost looked flat, I loved it.

I saw rift metallic today on a ct5v. I was shocked, it looked awesome. I thought it was gonna be tan from the website but in person it's more like chalk. Like chalk on Porsche. It almost looked flat, I loved it.
We felt the same way after seeing it today although, it’s very chameleon like depending on the lighting.

We felt the same way after seeing it today although, it’s very chameleon like depending on the lighting.
Dang you guys are making it really difficult to choose a color! I was going to go with black but now I wanna check out these other colors! Really hope a configurator comes out before I need to order.

Did you guys who saw rift in person notice any beige or tan hues to the paint? My initial thought from the brochure was that it was beige.

Did you guys who saw rift in person notice any beige or tan hues to the paint? My initial thought from the brochure was that it was beige.
No, it's nothing like the brochure or, Cadillac's description of the color ("alabaster-based color with a greige hue"). If there is nothing pure white for your eye to reference simultaneously, it can look white. Depending on the lighting, it can look white / off white to light gray. I didn't pick up on any tan or beige. The best descriptor, if you're familiar, was made above in that it's like Chalk from Porsche.

No, it's nothing like the brochure or, Cadillac's description of the color ("alabaster-based color with a greige hue"). If there is nothing pure white for your eye to reference simultaneously, it can look white. Depending on the lighting, it can look white / off white to light gray. I didn't pick up on any tan or beige. The best descriptor, if you're familiar, was made above in that it's like Chalk from Porsche.
Here’s a good reference with the pure white paper license plate for reference. Notice the variation where it looks darker above and to each side of the plate and lighter below.

Attachments

• 21A1F521-0ADB-44DC-BB66-54829B5540D4.jpeg
    21A1F521-0ADB-44DC-BB66-54829B5540D4.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 504
Here are some photos, with some next to a white CT5

Attachments

• resize #1.jpg
    resize #1.jpg
    564.7 KB · Views: 4,214
  • resize #2.jpg
    resize #2.jpg
    622.1 KB · Views: 901
  • resize #3.jpg
    resize #3.jpg
    527.2 KB · Views: 4,039
  • resize #4.jpg
    resize #4.jpg
    687.8 KB · Views: 827
Crazy, we went to the exact same dealer to look at the rift metallic! A shame the cars were so filthy from the weather! I like the color but I'm afraid that between grill and the carbon fiber on the ct4v bw, it would excessive black accents on white.
20210223_145317.jpg

Thanks everyone, the pictures and descriptions are helpful. I'm stuck between rift and wave but now I'm leaning more towards the rift.

Has anyone here ever had a black cadillac or a black car in general? I figured it would be an iconic look but I worry about difficulties with swirl marks and being hard to mark clean. Is anyone going to go black raven?

Has anyone here ever had a black cadillac or a black car in general? I figured it would be an iconic look but I worry about difficulties with swirl marks and being hard to mark clean. Is anyone going to go black raven?
I currently own a black car. It’s the hardest to keep looking good but, when it’s looking good, there’s no beating it. Are you considering PPF for your car?

I currently own a black car. It’s the hardest to keep looking good but, when it’s looking good, there’s no beating it. Are you considering PPF for your car?
I'm definitely considering it for the front, as well as ceramic coating, though I need to do more research on whether it's worth it.

I'm definitely considering it for the front, as well as ceramic coating, though I need to do more research on whether it's worth it.
In my opinion, PPF is well worth it for both protection and ease of maintaining. Ceramic coating over PPF is probably overkill and not worth it. Ceramic coating over paint is good but, not nearly as good as PPF.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners