Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

How many have cancelled or thinking of cancelling their order?

Trying to stay positive, but I have not fully ruled out canceling at this point. My EDD was pushed back again this week to 7/15. The car has been built since 1/25 and I am a little turned off by the thought of the blackwing sitting for almost 6 months. Since ordering over a year ago I picked up a C8 convertible and a Model S. Had the C8 for about three months and I quickly learned the Vette was not for me. That being said I am actually really enjoying the Model S (flame away for the electric praise). Like I said....trying to stay positive, but I kind of feel like my want/need has changed over the course of a year. I am sure all this will be out the window as soon as I see it, but we'll see.
My car sat for months as well.

I had it paint corrected. No issues.

He found ONE small roof ding which was taken out for $75.

This idea that the cars sitting for so long ruined the paint just doesn't hold true.

That being said I am actually really enjoying the Model S (flame away for the electric praise).
No flaming, but BEVs are not what they are advertised to be. It's smoke and mirrors.

I'm jealous of all you guys with bigger garages. We have a 2 car garage with no possible way to expand it. Can't build any closer to the street, and can't fit a lift. I'd have to rebuild upwards, but with estimates of 200k, no thanks. Or we'd have to move.

I'm jealous of all you guys with bigger garages. We have a 2 car garage with no possible way to expand it. Can't build any closer to the street, and can't fit a lift. I'd have to rebuild upwards, but with estimates of 200k, no thanks. Or we'd have to move.
I also have a two car garage. The answer is, not every car needs to be garaged.

No flaming, but BEVs are not what they are advertised to be. It's smoke and mirrors.

BEVs are fun to drive (typically more fun than their automatic-equipped, ICE competition) and have extemely low operating costs. That is not smoke and mirrors.

BEVs are fun to drive (typically more fun than their automatic-equipped, ICE competition) and have extemely low operating costs. That is not smoke and mirrors.
Not saying not to buy one, just that they aren't what many think they are. Right now they are kinda in a sweet spot with tax incentives and no road taxes on "fuel." The latter will change very soon, it will have to. Apparently we don't care much about pollution anyway since we are on a Blackwing forum. The BEV has a pollution break even point of ~90,000 miles for US power used to recharge them.

Trying to stay positive, but I have not fully ruled out canceling at this point. My EDD was pushed back again this week to 7/15. The car has been built since 1/25 and I am a little turned off by the thought of the blackwing sitting for almost 6 months. Since ordering over a year ago I picked up a C8 convertible and a Model S. Had the C8 for about three months and I quickly learned the Vette was not for me. That being said I am actually really enjoying the Model S (flame away for the electric praise). Like I said....trying to stay positive, but I kind of feel like my want/need has changed over the course of a year. I am sure all this will be out the window as soon as I see it, but we'll see.

Lots to agree with in this thread.

My car has allegedly been built since 1/25. Also demoralized by the long wait. Finding other things to occupy my time, bought a Bronco (very different, but fun in other ways), etc.

You guys need less cars and more motorcycles. Plus you can fit 4 bikes in a stall compared to 1 car.
Completely agree with this. Great ratio of fun/$ and fun/space. :)

That reminds me, I should buy a bike. I've been looking at the Triumph Speed Triple lately. More first world problems, clearly.

I grew up around bikes and three siblings and a father all rode them. Every single one of them wound up injured at some point from the fault of others. I live in too populated an area. If I lived in like Montana, sure, I would have a motorcyle.
This!

for those considering dropping your order, don't. just don't. my rodeo finally ended yesterday and after driving it for the first time it is worth every frustrating minute of the wait. the thing is basically a tazmanian devil in a tuxedo

for those considering dropping your order, don't. just don't. my rodeo finally ended yesterday and after driving it for the first time it is worth every frustrating minute of the wait. the thing is basically a tazmanian devil in a tuxedo
Yeah makes no sense to drop your order if it's built and sold at MSRP (and a manual ) because you can pretty much take delivery, drive it around for a while (or not) and sell it at immediate profit even considering tax and other fees. It's like saying no to free money.

996.jpg

If I was in your shoes, I'd go for a 3-car setup with the third being an AWD wagon like a V90 or E-class. Something that is unfazed by snow and can carry people/stuff if necessary. If you want a manual make it a TDI Sportwagen or older A4 Avant.
I didn't mention it but I also only have a single garage. I have a long single driveway so the cars can all fit which is why I said its a lot of juggling to get what I need out. In winter I'd have to store the Z06 or 5BW at a facility because I wouldn't want to leave it under cover in the driveway.

I specified an Si or other vehicle as a 3rd car because the budget is limited with a Z06 and 5BW and I'd still like something fun.

Its mostly the limited space thats giving me second thoughts, if I had 2 garage spots then its a no brainer, but I don't.

Just when I start to fizzle after a year wait; I see this remark.....LOL

Now the juices are flowing again.. Thanks brother

Just when I start to fizzle after a year wait; I see this remark.....LOL

Now the juices are flowing again.. Thanks brother
It will make you so happy you waited it out but also more upset that you had to wait it out lol

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back