Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

VBLKWNG CT5-V Blackwing Tour Thread

I made it up to Laguna Seca from Vegas over the weekend, 4 hr drive to LA and 5 hours to Laguna Seca.

Attachments

• 20220503_011833523_iOS.jpg
    20220503_011833523_iOS.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 106
  • GOPR0062.JPG
    7.6 MB · Views: 73
  • 20220501_161450013_iOS.jpg
    20220501_161450013_iOS.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 111
Car is going into Findlay again to get the rear diff fluid flushed before next track day at Spring Mountain on the 22nd, after our Las Vegas Meet & Greet @ Findlay on the 21st.

Awesome thread, thrilled to see you actually using the car for its intended purpose! Cant wait to let the LT4 really breathe myself on track in a few weeks.

Prior to the event I performed the following tasks:
- Oil Change
- Diff Fluid Change
- Brake Fuild Change - to Brembo LCF600+ fluid
- Alignment change (Note: Dealer had issues figuring out how to get to -2.5 per spec in book, dealers need better training on how to get to -2.5)
FL -1.5 FR -1.5
RL -1.0 RR -1.0

04/16/2022

First stop: Speed Ventures at Las Vegas Outside Road Course 2:10.519 Fastest Lap
View attachment 8462

View attachment 8461

Hit 127 on the back stretch into turn 6, which was quite a wow experience. Turn 1 comes quick and is sharp, never went off track, and could definitely have pushed it further on a few sections. Until next time, I plan to make better time. Over 3 sessions I went from 2:36 to 2:16 to 2:10, got held in traffic the first two sessions point-by passing only.

i told my selling dealer when they prep the car for delivery to align it to track spec and they mentioned needing to order different bolts to do so

i told my selling dealer when they prep the car for delivery to align it to track spec and they mentioned needing to order different bolts to do so
Yep, they told me that too and were only able to get 1.6 without them. Do you know what bolt it was?

This is what the dealer provided me and they were like, we have no idea about this bolt
1651954280905.png

You don’t need that service bolt. Just loosen the bolt on the strut and slam them all the way in. It ends up right at 2.5. Set toe and you’re good in the front.

The FSM does say the eccentric bolts in the rear are single use but there was a later update that said just the nuts were. I didn’t replace mine.

Lots of track Blackwing info on my channel. You might want to check it out.

Make sure you do the track prep i mention.
Will do, I had 32 track days on my SS 1LE before selling it for the blackwing so I’ve been around the block a few times as far as alpha platform consumables go lol. Everything is finished except the alignment which is scheduled for this Wednesday….my dealer was able to get my 1LE to -2.6 camber on stock hardware so fingers crossed they will easily get my blackwing maxed out as well. How are your brake pads doing? My camaro would eat a brand new set of hawks in 1 weekend at Road America so I got a spare set of front pads just in case.

Will do, I had 32 track days on my SS 1LE before selling it for the blackwing so I’ve been around the block a few times as far as alpha platform consumables go lol. Everything is finished except the alignment which is scheduled for this Wednesday….my dealer was able to get my 1LE to -2.6 camber on stock hardware so fingers crossed they will easily get my blackwing maxed out as well. How are your brake pads doing? My camaro would eat a brand new set of hawks in 1 weekend at Road America so I got a spare set of front pads just in case.
I need some soon, but I also have multiple drag racing days, and a full track day on them, along with 9000 miles.

I'm wowed by all the amazing info - learning so much! So - if I have the dealer align it to track spec before taking delivery, can I leave it in that spec for daily use? Practically speaking, probably 95% of the time the car will be on the street. Is it an extra charge for the dealer to set up for track spec? Sorry, a lot of this is new to me....

I'm wowed by all the amazing info - learning so much! So - if I have the dealer align it to track spec before taking delivery, can I leave it in that spec for daily use? Practically speaking, probably 95% of the time the car will be on the street. Is it an extra charge for the dealer to set up for track spec? Sorry, a lot of this is new to me....
It’s a lot of negative camber, so it will wear the inside of the tires faster, but if you’re going on track that kind of balances out by wearing the outsides faster. Kind of depends on how fast/hard/often you’re going to the track. Personally I’m going to just leave it in track spec all year and see where I’m at wear wise. I plan on tracking a lot though.

FYI the diff requires 1500 miles of break in while engine only 500. After first track day you’re suppose to change diff fluid then it should be good to go for awhile

Last edited:
It’s a lot of negative camber, so it will wear the inside of the tires much faster, but if you’re going on track that kind of balances out by wearing the outsides much faster. Kind of depends on how fast/hard/often you’re going to the track. Personally I’m going to just leave it in track spec all year and see where I’m at west wise. I plan on tracking a lot though.

FYI the diff requires 1500 miles of break in while engine only 500. After first track day you’re suppose to change diff fluid then it should be good to go for awhile
I put 6000 before I track and drag raced it

Negative camber doesn't wear tires much. Toe (in or out) is the main factor in abnormal tire wear. You will not notice 2.5 degrees of camber in tire wear over what a near R compound tire will wear.

I'm wowed by all the amazing info - learning so much! So - if I have the dealer align it to track spec before taking delivery, can I leave it in that spec for daily use? Practically speaking, probably 95% of the time the car will be on the street. Is it an extra charge for the dealer to set up for track spec? Sorry, a lot of this is new to me...

I just left my Camaro at track spec all the time, even when I was using it for 40 min each way commuting and didn't see any crazy accelerated wear. Just make sure the toe is at 0 and you should be good to go. I will do the same on the Blackwing.

The adjustment bolt is a separate tool you can use to adjust how far out the strut is - it’s basically acting as a stop until you put the main bolts back in and tighten.

I’m running the track spec alignment all the time. As others said it’s tow that kills alignment.

I do wish someone made real rear toe links as I hate the eccentrics.

The adjustment bolt is a separate tool you can use to adjust how far out the strut is - it’s basically acting as a stop until you put the main bolts back in and tighten.

I’m running the track spec alignment all the time. As others said it’s tow that kills alignment.

I do wish someone made real rear toe links as I hate the eccentrics.
Maybe we could talk SPL into making us a set of links if we showed enough interest?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back