Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Finally: CT5-V Blackwing Reproduction Spoilers

CT5-V Model

Terrance Speed

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CTS-V Blackwing
***** Spoilers available to order at www.exhibitionsofspeed.com *****

Like many here I received my CT5-V Blackwing without the carbon package and was underwhelmed by the aesthetics. With all of the trim pieces being gloss black I felt adding the single carbon pieces would be out of place. Not to mention become incredibly expensive to replace all the parts. In an effort to upgrade my Blackwing, and all of yours, I was able to secure an OEM Blackwing rear spoiler to create a direct replication of the carbon piece. This has all the OEM dimensions and mounting options.

CT5-V Blackwing Intro-26.jpg
CT5-V Blackwing Intro-41.jpg

These spoilers will be built from carbon fiber and come with a gel coat from the mold ready for prep and paint. You will be able to clear coat and leave them exposed carbon. Or you can spray them gloss black to get the carbon package look without having random pieces of carbon on the predominately gloss black car. These will install very easily as your OEM spoiler is only held on by 3M tape and the trunk has pre-existing holes. I pulled mine off by hand and installed the new one in about 1.5 hours. The OEM carbon unit has inner mounting studs/bolts, and outer mounting studs you could drill holes for. Drilling the outer holes will be your choice, but they are difficult to access through the trunk panel. The spoiler will come with provisions for them, but I would recommend just using 3M tape on the outer edges like OEM.

image001.png

I am ready to begin production on these but it will take significant financial investment on my behalf to start the process. I am opening up a reservation for 10 people to receive the first ones produced. We are looking at 6-8 weeks to build the tooling, then another 6 weeks to build and deliver the initial units. A $500 deposit needed to hold yours. As much as I want to build these for the community I also need to gauge interest and feasibility. Those getting the spoiler will have first dibs on the forthcoming front splitter also.
All parts will be hand built here in the United States. Cost on these will initially be set at $950 shipped to your door. After this first batch of 10 I can asses the total cost involved. Check out the pics of the spoiler in Gloss Black below and let me know if you are interested.

Blackwing Spoiler Gloss Black-1.jpg
Blackwing Spoiler Gloss Black-3.jpg
Blackwing Spoiler Gloss Black-4.jpg
Blackwing Spoiler Gloss Black-5.jpg
Blackwing Spoiler Gloss Black-9.jpg

Last edited:
DMed you

Hey Terrance, if you could keep this updated with general status (like whether you're still looking for people or not) it would be appreciated.

Watching with great interest but not quite ready to commit just yet.

Thanks a ton for everything you've done so far.

That looks great but, how about some attention to making more powahh in a 5?;shrug
I kid but not really. Keep up the awesome work!
I have some ideas for that also, but baby steps lol
Put me down for 1 in gloss black please!
Sweet. I will DM you
Will you be offering them painted gloss black ? Thats what I would be interested in.
These will come ready for paint. There is a difference in skills/materials needed between the production and finishing. So you want a paint shop to do your spraying, buffing and polishing.

Through some process changes it looks like we can actually build the spoiler in carbon fiber for roughly the same cost. This still allows you to have it clear coated and left exposed carbon or paint gloss black.

Anyone have objections?

I'd be in on carbon fiber. Would we have the choice to have it come clearcoated? My primary concern with the fiberglass one is I simply don't want to deal with a bodyshop for finishing.

Last edited:
I would say CF is best if its not going to significantly increase cost. That way people who want CF will be happy and those who want to paint will be happy.

Agree. If carbon is the same price that sounds like the ticket

I'd be in on carbon fiber. Would we have the choice to have it come clearcoated? My primary concern with the fiberglass one is I simply don't want to deal with a bodyshop for finishing.
Carbon it is. Shoot me over an email address and I will get you on my list
id like carbon with clear coat
Sweet. My production team is good with the layup, but not experts in laying down the clear coat. The addition of the clear coat would be something that comes at an extra cost, and likely best handled by your local painter
I would say CF is best if its not going to significantly increase cost. That way people who want CF will be happy and those who want to paint will be happy.
Agreed
Agree. If carbon is the same price that sounds like the ticket
I think we found the sweet spot.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!