Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Non-Carbon Fiber Splitter Question

Quandary

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
I was fortunate enough to find a dealer near my home with an in-transit CT5-V Blackwing. The BW is built and awaiting shipment. I purchased the vehicle. Unfortunately the dealer did not order the BW with the front splitter. I have seen enough videos of the under side of the car to know that the splitter is simply clipped in with the typical bolt/clips on the underside of the car. I asked the dealer to order the splitter so that they could attach it prior to delivery. They checked the GM dealer parts order application and said that the part does not show up in the system as orderable. This is not the carbon fiber splitter, its the plastic one, which I would assume is the same material as the splitter on my ZL1.

Does this seem correct that the plastic splitter is something that can't be order at this time?

I thought that a splitter came as default, are you sure it doesn't have it already?

It's an option on the builder, but it doesn't seem to do anything in the preview adding or removing. My guess is that car you are interested has it. I think someone on here mentioned awhile back that it wasn't on their order and it still came with it.

I thought that a splitter came as default, are you sure it doesn't have it already?
I made this mistake when I first had a build with CF1, then when it was removed at the dealer there is no front splitter by default. Have to check the box for a front splitter (no charge).

Attachments

• D8A2A33A-8064-4986-92A6-4471B60F1278.jpeg
    D8A2A33A-8064-4986-92A6-4471B60F1278.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 104
Why the effort to post a useless post and not just address the question?
I am good with his post. I get his sense of humor. I am guilty of not searching I guess...I didn't realize this was already discussed since opting out of CF was a relatively new thing for me...was reacting to what someone posted here and on FB

By the way I did just search this question. First the original question was, does it seem reasonable that the non carbon fiber splitter can't be orderer as a part, hasn't been addressed. Second the discussion that ensued above, splitter automatically added or not, is not definitively answered in the threads that I found.

By the way I did just search this question. First the original question was, does it seem reasonable that the non carbon fiber splitter can't be orderer as a part, hasn't been addressed. Second the discussion that ensued above, splitter automatically added or not, is not definitively answered in the threads that I found.
Yeah I looked and could not find a definitive answer either..the premise was "those who had CF in the initial order but had to remove them to get an allocation (pretty much all of us in 1100 limbo), did those cars automatically revert to the standard front splitter? Or did you have to tell the dealer to check the box?" There are "rumors" that a car was delivered without the standard front splitter, but no verification of that.

Dude, you've been a member for a day. The discussion is here although likely buried inside of a thread. It may have been part of the "never to be seen again" order tracker thread. Man you new guys missed out on that one.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back