Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Constraints Tracker

Good news on that front, just shared here: Heated Steering Wheel Situation - Doesn't Affect Blackwings

Also, the fleet order guide is a great reference, but it doesn't contain info on constraints. Those are public facing docs that show available standard and optional features down to the smallest detail. Think of constraints as a weekly update to dealers on what the factory can or cannot build for that week, and therefore what allocations can or cannot be given.
That is awesome news! Thanks.

Constraint updates! Some good improvements on the CT4 side for late January production, looks like things will truly start to ramp up with 20% of CT4 allocations going to Blackwings. Alas, no change on CT5 from 2 weeks ago. Allocations for the last week of December production given today were still very small, but not zero. Look for allocations to start increasing week by week as we go through December for January production.

Last edited:
Just got a call from my dealer saying they can move my order forward if I was ok without navigation (meaning no built-in nav, but carplay/android auto is still there). Anyone heard of Nav being a constraint? I couldn't care less about build in nav, but just seemed strange.

Just got a call from my dealer saying they can move my order forward if I was ok without navigation (meaning no built-in nav, but carplay/android auto is still there). Anyone heard of Nav being a constraint? I couldn't care less about build in nav, but just seemed strange.
Probably a specific chip. Could be the GPS itself.

I’ve mentioned that I was changing my order again to remove the CF packages and carbon seats to try and get my order accepted faster. I called and spoke to the sales manager at my dealer and he convinced me to keep it as is. He said removing options that I want won’t speed my order up at all. If he gets an allocation, it’s an allocation for a Blackwing, not a BW with certain options only.

He said it would work just as @turbotaz says above. If any options are on constraint on my car when he receives an allocation, he’ll call me and let me know what exactly would need to be removed to keep my order moving. He was actually calling Escalade customers right when I called him as he had just received his allocations for this week yesterday.

This is contrary to info I’ve read here and elsewhere about how the ordering/allocation process works. I wanted all the carbon so I’m going to keep my order as is until I hear differently. I’m inclined to believe what the dealer is telling me but take my info for what it’s worth. IMO, I think our cars aren’t getting built because GM is so focused on building and selling their cash cows (literally haha), Escalades and the other GM T1XX models.

I’ve mentioned that I was changing my order again to remove the CF packages and carbon seats to try and get my order accepted faster. I called and spoke to the sales manager at my dealer and he convinced me to keep it as is. He said removing options that I want won’t speed my order up at all. If he gets an allocation, it’s an allocation for a Blackwing, not a BW with certain options only.

He said it would work just as @turbotaz says above. If any options are on constraint on my car when he receives an allocation, he’ll call me and let me know what exactly would need to be removed to keep my order moving. He was actually calling Escalade customers right when I called him as he had just received his allocations for this week yesterday.

This is contrary to info I’ve read here and elsewhere about how the ordering/allocation process works. I wanted all the carbon so I’m going to keep my order as is until I hear differently. I’m inclined to believe what the dealer is telling me but take my info for what it’s worth. IMO, I think our cars aren’t getting built because GM is so focused on building and selling their cash cows (literally haha), Escalades and the other GM T1XX models.
Do you know if the second tier seats are identical other than the carbon fiber back? I want the "sportiest" seats, and if I only lose the carbon fiber back due to constraint I am okay with that, but I don't want a worse actual seat.

Do you know if the second tier seats are identical other than the carbon fiber back? I want the "sportiest" seats, and if I only lose the carbon fiber back due to constraint I am okay with that, but I don't want a worse actual seat.
I don’t know TBH but I was willing to remove them because the bolsters look exactly the same except for the color schemes and carbon backs. Personally, I wanted the carbon seats for the semi aniline leather, I think a 100k+ car should have the finest leather available that the manufacturer offers. The carbon backs are an added plus not to mention I prefer the way the colors are on the top level seats.

My V3 had no CF and the base seats and I always said if I ever got another one it would have both of those options, even though the base seats were totally fine and comfy for daily use.

This is correct. A CT5 allocation is a CT5 allocation, from the 2.0L all the way up to the BW. It doesn't matter what trim or options you have on your car in your preliminary order. In your case, there's three levels to this... your dealer 1) has to receive a CT5 allocation, 2) has to receive a Blackwing constraint, and 3) has to receive a constraint for the seats for your order to go through as placed. Each level is increasingly difficult to get. Getting a CT5 allocation is simple, most dealers get at least a handful of these per month. Getting an 8% allocation on BW means 8 out of every 100 CT5 allocations are BW. Getting a 0% allocation on the seats--little to no chance. But if levels 1 (CT5 allocation) and 2 (Blackwing allocation) are met, your dealer can call you and say, hey let's remove those seats, and your order will go through. If not, your order just stays in line until the next round of allocations the following week.

TLDR... removing options prior to getting an allocation does nothing to speed up the process. Wait until you get an allocation and then remove options if needed to turn that allocation into an actual order.

I know Y26 Navigation is constrained on the regular V. Hoping they can find out how to do a retrofit.

May not matter right now for BWs, but heated steering wheel can now be retrofitted.

I know Y26 Navigation is constrained on the regular V. Hoping they can find out how to do a retrofit.
Yep, I see the Y26 code on 0% constraint for the V but not the V Blackwing. Might want to have your dealer double check that.

TLDR... removing options prior to getting an allocation does nothing to speed up the process. Wait until you get an allocation and then remove options if needed to turn that allocation into an actual order.
Thanks so much for corroborating what I’ve been told. There’s a ton of misinformation out there and it’s hard to figure out who/what to believe. I’ll keep my order as is and it comes when it comes.

I always laugh when I read the 1100 purgatory remarks ; I'm in the same boat.

Hey, it’s Thursday! Who’s got the scoop?
Sorry guys! Was out of town and just got back this afternoon. Constraints have been updated. Looks like percentages slid back slightly for both models for production the week of Jan 31. There's also a new constraint on the Garnet paint color.

Last edited:
I see the weekly allocation is single digits, but could that change? I don't know enough about how GM manages parts inventory. I assume the engine guys are churning out powerplants, but are they stockpiling the various BW specific parts or building them to use? I guess I'm asking: assuming the constraints cleared up, could they clear up a bunch of order backlog by making a BW-heavy run?

Or is their JIT system such that it's not easy to make a shift like that?

Man, if they keep back sliding I may end up with an M3 before a Blackwing. Ah well!

The idea of going back American for a bit sounded fun. Maybe GM will still manage it. Only time will tell!

Man, if they keep back sliding I may end up with an M3 before a Blackwing. Ah well!

The idea of going back American for a bit sounded fun. Maybe GM will still manage it. Only time will tell!
It’ll be 9 months waiting for me by Christmas. The M5 I ordered arrived at the port this morning. I think the universe is trying to tell me something.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back