Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Mpg?

Tuna

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'11 V Wagon, ( '13 427 Vette & '21 Vette)
I just got back from a 3200 mile road trip (in my Vette, not the V since the Vette gets better mileage) and re-learned that E10 gas (10% ethanol) is lousy on gas mileage. I'm spoiled by the 100% gas (Ezero) we get around here in OK and the better mileage it delivers. The Vette delivers about 29.5 on the highway with 100% gas and not quite 27.0 on E10. That's almost 10% less mileage using the ethanol "enhanced" stuff.

I haven't had the Vagon on a road trip since April and it wasn't broke-in yet. Since then, I've noticed 20.5 to 21.0 MPG average during highway driving with 100% gas. What's everyone else getting in their stock V's? E10, Ezero?

Took several trips out to Vegas from LA..avg 20-21 mpg w/ mods..91 octane..

20~21 is all I get also. What our V's need is a 0.50 6th gear. It would have saved us the gas guzzler tax and our highway mileage might of hit 25 mpg. You just can't do any better with an engine revving at 2200 rpm. Give me 1950 rpm any day for highway and I'd be happy. Of course when you build a motor for torque, and your only pushing around 1790 lbs, the 30 mpg highway is possible in a ride that does 10.8 @ 132 in the 1/4. Note how tall my Track-T is geared...........

DSC01409.jpg

20~21 is all I get also. What our V's need is a 0.50 6th gear. It would have saved us the gas guzzler tax and our highway mileage might of hit 25 mpg. You just can't do any better with an engine revving at 2200 rpm. Give me 1950 rpm any day for highway and I'd be happy. Of course when you build a motor for torque, and your only pushing around 1790 lbs, the 30 mpg highway is possible in a ride that does 10.8 @ 132 in the 1/4. Note how tall my Track-T is geared...........

DSC01409.jpg

I've learned to live with the Vs mpg, so it's all good. My only complaint is that, if you're going to build a car that consumes a lot of gas, build one w/ a bigger tank!..but I'm sure there's a lot more that goes into adding a bigger gas tank.

Btw, I love the bug genocide shot (guess you'll get a few of those going ~110+ mph @ 2.5k rpm :biggrin: )!

Until recently, we had the V and 2 Vettes in the garage. The Vettes get better mileage. Anyway, my wife has been thinking for a while that she really didn't need a Vette to drive to work every day and that most of the time her Vette stayed in the garage on the weekends.

So, last month, she sold her Vette and got a Volt. Now she drives the electric car to work every day - getting 95 to 100 MPGe - and I get my choice of a Vette or a Vagon. What I burn up in the "V" she makes up for with the Volt.

Now if we could get an electric car with Vette or Vagon performance and decent range, that would be something.
Don't mention the Tesla Roadster - it hauled butt but couldn't carry anything.

We've only had our Volt for a month and the energy use is similar. Most of the time it stays in battery mode only.

The V Wagon is becoming more of my daily driver than I expected - given that it gets the worse mileage in my fleet. I'm only driving my Vette once or twice a week now to work.

My combined mileage on a tank of gas is running around 17 MPG. Not too bad for a 4400# car and I like to see the boost gauge move some times. One of these times, I'm going to "hypermile" the V Wagon and see just how good it does if I can keep my foot out of the throttle. It's really hard to do.

My new Vette has just over 1200 miles on it now. Took it on a 300+ mile road trip last weekend and saw 27.1 MPG on the computer for the first 150 miles with the top down and at freeway speeds. Top up coming back on rural roads and through small towns with the top up and A/C on, it was returning 26.0. Not bad for a 427 that isn't broke in yet.

The Volt is showing 236 life time mpg and a 250+ most of the time between fill ups (about every 2000 miles and than usually 6 or less gallons of gas). The wife's commute usually does not engage the gas/generator operation and she has 3-5 electric miles left when she gets home. The price of electricity each month went up 5 bucks since we bought the Volt (we pay an averaged electric bill each month - maybe the electric company hasn't averaged enough Volt months into the cost yet - okay by me). Even when we use the Volt for longer runs and end up using the gas/generator, the "gas" mileage works out to around 40 MPG. The Volt is doing everything we expected it to do and it's fun to drive, roomy and comfortable. It makes up for some of the gas used by the V Wagon.

Now, back to work.

You guys have better contol over your right foot, than I do. My V Coupe isn't my daily driver, but I've been driving it to work more than I thought I would. Best I have gotten on a 100 mile round trip to work is 15.8 MPG. About 70% of the drive is at freeway sppeds and the rest city drivng. I'm like 'Tuna', having a hard time keeping my foot out of it, It's so fun to drive!! :smile::smile:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back