Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Pic Request: Rift with Gold Wheels

CT5-V Model

Lateral G

I'm down to two colors: Rift and Infrared. I was able to see an Infrared at the dealership yesterday before a CT5-V BW was delivered to its owner. It looked fantastic: both carbon fiber packages, red calipers, gold wheels (which I prefer to the other wheel options).

Before I make a decision, what I'd really like to see is a picture of rift with gold wheels. All the rift pictures that I can find have the other wheel options. I like the contrast with the carbon fiber pieces, but I'm concerned about how the gold wheels will look on rift. Thoughts?

Another thing I'd like to see are the gold wheels with the gold carbon ceramic calipers. Are they the same gold, or is there a difference: subtle or otherwise?

I know these are really specific requests that most people don't have. Anything you can post would be appreciated. I want this car to be in my stable for a long time, which isn't typically the case for me!

This is the best ones I found on FB

Attachments

• 9DF66B1B-C145-43C3-9A6D-48888CB84930.jpeg
    9DF66B1B-C145-43C3-9A6D-48888CB84930.jpeg
    470.6 KB · Views: 278
  • EDD66334-2703-4399-AEEA-9C13D55E59DB.jpeg
    EDD66334-2703-4399-AEEA-9C13D55E59DB.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 283
  • 3839CB62-8124-4710-8C29-B90F150C7174.jpeg
    3839CB62-8124-4710-8C29-B90F150C7174.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 304
Wow, that looks good, very classy and sporty at the same time. Thanks SIX 40!

Now I'm back to leaning towards rift....this is going to be a difficult decision.

Man, I’ve changed my color 3x since I placed my order in March. First was Infrared which looks unbelievable but I never really “felt” it. Then I switched to Rift which I’m sure looks great but I’ve never seen it IRL so who knows what it looks like? I assume it’s nice lol. My ‘18 V3 was white so do I really want white (ish) again? Aside from that, it seems like Infrared and Rift are launch colors and is that what I want? I swear I’ve made much more difficult decisions in my life easier than picking this color.

I finally settled on Shadow Metallic with bronze wheels. This came completely out of left field but seeing a few pics of it changed my mind almost immediately. Good luck with your choice, it looks pretty mean in black too. 😜

Man, I’ve changed my color 3x since I placed my order in March. First was Infrared which looks unbelievable but I never really “felt” it. Then I switched to Rift which I’m sure looks great but I’ve never seen it IRL so who knows what it looks like? I assume it’s nice lol. My ‘18 V3 was white so do I really want white (ish) again? Aside from that, it seems like Infrared and Rift are launch colors and is that what I want? I swear I’ve made much more difficult decisions in my life easier than picking this color.

I finally settled on Shadow Metallic with bronze wheels. This came completely out of left field but seeing a few pics of it changed my mind almost immediately. Good luck with your choice, it looks pretty mean in black too. 😜
Good choice, Shadow Metallic looks beautiful on these cars.

I am hoping to see Rift as a make a business trip through MI in the upcoming week; I'll add pictures here if I get lucky to catch one in the wild.

...for me I'm worried Rift is going to be too bland. I expect it to be lighter than Porsche's Chalk...and it's outright boring compared to the deep pearl of Diamond White (or whatever GM calls it).

I am hoping to see Rift as a make a business trip through MI in the upcoming week; I'll add pictures here if I get lucky to catch one in the wild.

...for me I'm worried Rift is going to be too bland. I expect it to be lighter than Porsche's Chalk...and it's outright boring compared to the deep pearl of Diamond White (or whatever GM calls it).
My salesman was hyping Rift, so I drove to another dealer to see Summit & Rift side by side.
I could barely see any difference in Rift.
If anything, it looked like a slightly dirty white.

Summit seemed to pop more, where Rift was dialed back (by the slightest bit).
My guess is Rift gets discontinued and replaced with a Pearl/Diamond White.

From these pics, can you tell which is which?

Attachments

• IMG_5611.jpg
    IMG_5611.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 184
  • IMG_5627.jpg
    IMG_5627.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 192
My salesman was hyping Rift, so I drove to another dealer to see Summit & Rift side by side.
I could barely see any difference in Rift.
If anything, it looked like a slightly dirty white.

Summit seemed to pop more, where Rift was dialed back (by the slightest bit).
My guess is Rift gets discontinued and replaced with a Pearl/Diamond White.

From these pics, can you tell which is which?
Lunarx: Thank you for posting the pictures; No, I can not see the difference. Agreed on your description of what Rift is trying to be...as I was given the plastic painted sample at the dealer and remember my thought being exactly what you wrote...'slightly dirty white'.

I'm down to two colors: Rift and Infrared. I was able to see an Infrared at the dealership yesterday before a CT5-V BW was delivered to its owner. It looked fantastic: both carbon fiber packages, red calipers, gold wheels (which I prefer to the other wheel options).

Before I make a decision, what I'd really like to see is a picture of rift with gold wheels. All the rift pictures that I can find have the other wheel options. I like the contrast with the carbon fiber pieces, but I'm concerned about how the gold wheels will look on rift. Thoughts?

Another thing I'd like to see are the gold wheels with the gold carbon ceramic calipers. Are they the same gold, or is there a difference: subtle or otherwise?

I know these are really specific requests that most people don't have. Anything you can post would be appreciated. I want this car to be in my stable for a long time, which isn't typically the case for me!
Here are the pics that my salesman sent to me of my car in the showroom floor.

Attachments

• 65566724583__083D151E-5A08-4A56-B8CB-CB8866541D0A.jpeg
    65566724583__083D151E-5A08-4A56-B8CB-CB8866541D0A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 217
  • 65566726113__ACA223DD-7C56-48F5-A9A8-298391D0609E.jpeg
    65566726113__ACA223DD-7C56-48F5-A9A8-298391D0609E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 245
  • 65566728400__4FC5E106-503A-40BE-A08F-2369BB2B70C2.jpeg
    65566728400__4FC5E106-503A-40BE-A08F-2369BB2B70C2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 262
Is that KBC in San Antonio? Didn't realize they had gotten a 5 in, may have to go check it out!
Yes it is, I’m just waiting for them to send me the paperwork to sign. Then i can have it picked up.

Ahh should have read your message closer! Congratulations, it's beautiful! Very glad to see they didn't drill out a front plate mount.
Yeah I asked them to not install it because I was going to do something different and didn’t want the holes in the bumper.

Yes it is, I’m just waiting for them to send me the paperwork to sign. Then i can have it picked up.
Oh cool, I've been wanting to head over there and check that car out since it's been listed on their site. Not to purchase it of course but just to check one out in Rift. I just didn't feel like driving 100 mi from Austin to do so.

It's a beauty, congrats! And after seeing the pics you posted, I changed my color back to Rift lol. My salesman must hate me by now. BTW, I'd be happy to head over there and drive it to your location, free of charge! I'll even spring for gas. :)

Oh cool, I've been wanting to head over there and check that car out since it's been listed on their site. Not to purchase it of course but just to check one out in Rift. I just didn't feel like driving 100 mi from Austin to do so.

It's a beauty, congrats! And after seeing the pics you posted, I changed my color back to Rift lol. My salesman must hate me by now. BTW, I'd be happy to head over there and drive it to your location, free of charge! I'll even spring for gas. :)
😂😂 Thanks for the offer, but I’m putting it in a garage because I work overseas. I’m hoping to go on vacation in December so I can enjoy it a bit.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back