Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Pirelli World Challenge 2014 GT/GTS Schedule Announced

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
Sep. 12, 2013
Pirelli World Challenge Press Release

Pirelli World Challenge 2014 GT/GTS Schedule Announced. Series Celebrates its 25th Anniversary Season Next Year

Denver, CO - As the Pirelli World Challenge Series prepares for its championship deciding finale weekend in Houston October 4th-6th, the series released a preliminary 2014 GT/GTS schedule today.

“We are proud to announce an expanded GT/GTS event schedule for 2014. As the PWC Championships enter our 25th season we will continue to build on the tremendous success of the past few years,” said Scott Bove, President and CEO, WC Vision. “With the series' decision to adopt the FIA GT3 homologation standards for our GT Championships, the successful implementation of our Balance of Performance program, continued growth in event entries and marketing partnership growth we look forward to another record-setting year in 2014.”

An announcement from WC Vision that will outline the full 2014 Pirelli World Challenge racing schedule including the Touring Car and Touring Car B-Spec race schedules will be made before the SEMA Show November 5-8.

The 2014 season will mark the 25th consecutive season for the Pirelli World Challenge. Series races feature thrilling standing starts, adrenaline filled door-to-door action and world-class drivers. Pirelli World Challenge features cars from the world's most popular manufacturers – race-prepped versions of the cars driven on the streets. Sanctioned by SCCA Pro Racing, Pirelli World Challenge races at North America's premier road and temporary street courses. For more information about the series, visit Pirelli World Challenge.

Pirelli World Challenge Championships / 2014 GT/GTS Schedule

March 28–30, 2014
Honda Grand Prix of St Petersburg, St Petersburg, FL
Double race event with IndyCar – street/airport circuit **

April 11–13, 2014
Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach, Long Beach, CA
Single race event with IndyCar – street circuit *

April/May 2014 – TBA

May, (Date TBA), 2014
Circuit of the Americas, Austin, TX
Double race event with Australian V8 Supercars – permanent road course **

May 30–June 1, 2014
Chevrolet/Cadillac Grand Prix of Detroit, Detroit, MI
Double race event with IndyCar – street circuit **

June 19–21, 2014
Road America, Elkhart Lake, WI
Double race event with NASCAR Nationwide Series – permanent road course **

July 18–20, 2014
Honda Indy Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Double race event with IndyCar – street circuit **

August 1–3, 2014
Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
Double race event IndyCar – permanent road course **

August 2014 TBA **

September/October 2014 TBA

** denotes double race weekend * denotes single race weekend

Hey Tuna,

Have you heard anything from Cadillac about the 2014 season. There website hasn't been updated from 2013. I sent an email to find out if in fact they are running this year and nobody at Cadillac could tell me anything. You would think after winning driver and manufacturers' titles, they'd be 'Proud as Peacocks' spouting about it and getting word out for this season. I'm going down for the Sebring race next month and would stick around another week, if I knew for sure Cadillac was running at St. Pete, but can't get an answer??

Last edited:
Thanks for the links. The first race is in St. Petersburg, wonder if they will be there. I'll be in FL the week before at the 12 Hours of Sebring. I'll have to check and see if the Caddys will be in St. Pete!

The Pratt & Miller site shows a 2014 schedule on their Cadillac Racing page. So, I assume that Cadillac Racing will be back this year.

Go here, then click the "Schedule" link.

http://prattmiller.com/motorsports/cadillac

The entry list for the first race at Long Beach shows both Cadillacs. Go here:

http://www.world-challenge.com/images/events/Grand-Prix-of-Long-Beach-v1.pdf

I saw that as well when I looked up the St. Pete race. Sad that they moved the race back a week. It used to be the week after Sebring, I was hoping to stay down after Sebring and see the race, but its two weeks after Sebring and I can't swing that. I also saw there are some Lambo's in Cadillac class this year. Mike Skeen Racing also changed from Corvette to a Nissan GTR. Should be an exciting season!!

I pulled up the entry list for StPete and both CTS V.Rs are there.

http://www.world-challenge.com/images/events/Grand-Prix-of-St. Petersburg v2.pdf

Note that K-PAX racing has switched from Volvo S60's to McLaren 12C GT3 cars for this year.
Big Caddys against small supercars - ought to be interesting.

Too bad the TV coverage is 2-3 weeks delayed.

Looks like Cadillac Racing will be the only GM built cars in WC GT class this year - so far.

Skeen got some money from Nissan to run their GTR, so no Corvette this year.

K-PAX switched to McLaren 12C GT3 cars (from Volvo S60s)

The rest of the field is made up of Audi R8 Ultras, Lambo Gallardos, Ferrari 458 GT3s, Porsche 911 GT3s and an Acura TLX.

So, a couple of big 2-door coupes against 10 sports/supercars.

If they didn't penalize you for unnecessary roughness, I'd put "nerfing-bars" on the CTS V.Rs and just bump everyone else out of the way. :biggrin:

Why not?

Something else for the Johnny and Andy to race against.

I saw a street Bentley this past Friday and it really looked nice. Way out of my price range, like the Lambos and Ferraris that the CTS V races against however.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back