Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

Basically the Parking package that had the rear cameras also forces technology package, so it could be related to the cameras.

Pretty sure the technology package included more than the air ionizer.
Overhead Display also but I mentioned Ionizer because it is the last thing I would want, the dash and Data recorder are great no need for overhead also. The wheels I selected were never ordered either.

Overhead Display also but I mentioned Ionizer because it is the last thing I would want, the dash and Data recorder are great no need for overhead also. The wheels I selected were never ordered either.
What's an "overhead display"? I guess you mean HUD (Heads Up Display)

What's an "overhead display"? I guess you mean HUD (Heads Up Display)
I think they are referring to the Heads Up Display.....which is what is included with the Tech Pack. At least on the CT4......

Screenshot_20210816-020658_Chrome.jpg

I assumed the Overhead Display was part of the Parking Package and is the 360 deg camera view from overhead. Not HUD. Could be wrong.

80D431B1-9AA9-4B11-87D3-6131674AFA91.png

Now showing it as a “Parking Package” for the CT5. Pretty sure the HD Surround Vision is the aerial view it gives you with the cameras

Looks correct, I did not order the package, Dealer said has to be ordered if you want Data Recorder, they sent me a Purchase proposal with a Total, did not include a breakdown I can only go by what they told me. I requested this in writing and only then did they say they ordered it by mistake and I have to pay for it, plus $10,000 market adjustment. I am thankful the build information is on this site.

Looks correct, I did not order the package, Dealer said has to be ordered if you want Data Recorder, they sent me a Purchase proposal with a Total, did not include a breakdown I can only go by what they told me. I requested this in writing and only then did they say they ordered it by mistake and I have to pay for it, plus $10,000 market adjustment. I am thankful the build information is on this site.
Yeah, when I was in at my dealer over the weekend they confirmed MSRP, but said it would be a different story if I walked in off the street today. Some guy tried to buy an Escalade while I was there and walked out because it was 10% over MSRP. I get it though, hard to make money when you have no inventory to sell, so you have to get it where you can.

Yeah, when I was in at my dealer over the weekend they confirmed MSRP, but said it would be a different story if I walked in off the street today. Some guy tried to buy an Escalade while I was there and walked out because it was 10% over MSRP. I get it though, hard to make money when you have no inventory to sell, so you have to get it where you can.
I think this is fair. If a dealer is giving you access to a scarce resource (their allocation), they should charge market for it. If they are not (the initial reservations), it should be MSRP.

Mine too... but that was back in Feb! I'll be worried until I drive off.
Exactly. I ordered another car from another manufacturer, just in case they try to pull anything at the last minute.

I want the BW bad, but not that bad.

Exactly. I ordered another car from another manufacturer, just in case they try to pull anything at the last minute.

I want the BW bad, but not that bad.
If mine pulls anything above the $2k they said, I’ll pull chocks and probably pick up an SS. Unless I end up going back overseas soon

What happens to that 1,000 dollar deposit we placed in February after we pick up the car? Do they use it toward the purchase or do we get it back?

What happens to that 1,000 dollar deposit we placed in February after we pick up the car? Do they use it toward the purchase or do we get it back?

It was put toward the purchase for me

My dealer forgot and I forgot until after I had gotten my bank check. So, they are going to send me a refund check eventually. I told them to apply it to my V-series Escalade (if it comes out) and they said that wasn't necessary. :thumb

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back