Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

PDR :-)

I guess you can that is a fast way to loose your job

Last edited:
I wonder if I can buy it later?
There seems to be plenty of good aftermarket ones. One of my friends gave me shit for spending $1600 on the PDR when there’s cheaper after market ones 🤷‍♂️

I don't know of any cheaper ones but than again I've never looked either

There seems to be plenty of good aftermarket ones. One of my friends gave me shit for spending $1600 on the PDR when there’s cheaper after market ones 🤷‍♂️
$1600 for the quality you get is not a bad deal. For just the timer alone with download after the fact data and not video $399.00 . to duplicate the PDR after buying month and real time data, video ... you would spend at least that much. No to mention the mounts and stuff on your dash

Honestly you'd be looking at multiple components and having to do post event syncing to get a package with this kind of telemetry and video. It was super-helpful when trying to diagnose an off like this.

If all you want is a dashcam and don't mind it sitting on your dash you could go cheaper.

Honestly you'd be looking at multiple components and having to do post event syncing to get a package with this kind of telemetry and video. It was super-helpful when trying to diagnose an off like this.

If all you want is a dashcam and don't mind it sitting on your dash you could go cheaper.
Not to mention the free to download software from Cosworth besides the hardware itself.

Not to mention the free to download software from Cosworth besides the hardware itself.

Yup, if you're serious get the Lite version of Pi Toolbox (also free from Cosworth). I'm not a huge fan of the neutered GM toolbox that Cosworth also built.

BTW, they also have an Android/iOS app for analysis called AliveDrive. AliveDrive is what Cosworth calls the PDR internally and it's also how it's sold in Porsches. I did a walk-through of the iOS app when it first came out but I need to do another now that they've refined it a bunch.

I need to double-check but I think the PDR2 supports exFAT and bigger cards without all the formatting machinations. The BW appears to have the same PDR2 as the C8.
Just confirmed that PDR2 supports exFAT. I currently have a 64GB card in my C8 but you can go bigger.

BTW, having the card slot next to the steering wheel is a huge improvement over having to fetch it out of the glovebox. Especially when the glovebox is stuck shut due to an impact (don't ask).

Just confirmed that PDR2 supports exFAT. I currently have a 64GB card in my C8 but you can go bigger.

BTW, having the card slot next to the steering wheel is a huge improvement over having to fetch it out of the glovebox. Especially when the glovebox is stuck shut due to an impact (don't ask).
Thank you for confirming this!

wtf?

Is 128gb the largest you can stick in there? What is this? 2015?

If it supports 128gb, that means it's SDXC, and that standard goes up to like 2tb. Does PDR2 have some arbitrary 128gb limit? Or does it simply support any SDXC card?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back