Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What Happened CEL?!?!

1BadTundra

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4 BlackWing
I'm cruising today and hit what we call the Bonus lane, (small extra lane for exiting & merging) No one was in it so it was power lane. Long story short, car hit 115mph, it pulled back like the governor kicked on, and threw a flashing CEL for about 10 seconds, and the cluster started flashing "forward collision off, lane assist off, etc).. All this while in "My Mode". What happened, I thought I had a lot more room before that would kick on. I have a JB4 installed, if that matters. Thoughts?

I would say having the JB4 makes it harder to diagnose, since that makes things a bit non-standard, but a scan is in order to see what is going on.

I scanned for a CEL, but no codes popped up.

Well, went to start it back up and had the CEL. Scanned it again and found a P0306... Looks like I need new plugs, most likely due to the JB4. Number 6 misfire.

Did you replace the plugs when you installed the JB4? I thought that was a required part of the install.

Classic misfire, you have to check the stored pending codes, if you cause it to miss long enough it will set a hard code and a more difninitve ID on which cyl is misfiring. The key is not so much new plugs, but plug gap. It has to be reduced some from the factory .032"-.034" down to .024" - .026". The extra boost is pushing the ignistion system to the limit and reducing the plug gap will help.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back