Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you trade?

I went from juvenile hooligan to old-lady Caddy (still hooligan).

Did the same. 2018 WRX STI Limited. Pic below is when I was actually trading it in at Sewell. The salesperson had already removed the plates when this was taken. No regrets.

2018 WRX STI - 2022-07-09 Trade-In Day d.jpg

Some might look at it and say the interior and luxury isn't up to par for $100k, while I'd look at something like an E53, which is pretty close to 5BW price when optioned with everything the BW comes with standard, and think the performance doesn't match the price tag.

People value different things in their cars and cars set out to accomplish different things. The engine is phenomenal, the manual gearbox is the best I've ever used, and the way the car drives is top of its class and possibly top of any class at the moment.
Well put. It's like when people talk about what a performance value the Corvette is, but in the next breath say the interior isn't great. You can't have everything (and have it be less expensive than rivals). Some people want the best driving car they can get, and don't necessarily need or want to spend tens of thousands more to ALSO get an extraordinary interior.

Would I like a little nicer leather, dash, and ambient lighting? Sure. Would I pay $20-40k more for a BMW/Merc that's less fun in order to get that nicer interior? Pass. I understand people who feel it's worth it to them, but when my 4-year-old is clambering into the car, I really don't mind the cheap plastic lower door panels.

Well put. It's like when people talk about what a performance value the Corvette is, but in the next breath say the interior isn't great. You can't have everything (and have it be less expensive than rivals). Some people want the best driving car they can get, and don't necessarily need or want to spend tens of thousands more to ALSO get an extraordinary interior.

Would I like a little nicer leather, dash, and ambient lighting? Sure. Would I pay $20-40k more for a BMW/Merc that's less fun in order to get that nicer interior? Pass. I understand people who feel it's worth it to them, but when my 4-year-old is clambering into the car, I really don't mind the cheap plastic lower door panels.
As someone who worked in the luxury car sector for dealerships I can assure you that the interior inside of a new Mercedes is significantly worse than the Blackwing in terms of build quality. Sure they may have colorful lights for the interior lighting and a massive screen but everything that is “nice” is just a covering over cheap plastic. Within 20-30k miles the rattles and creaks that unveil themselves would make me never want to own said car.

As someone who worked in the luxury car sector for dealerships I can assure you that the interior inside of a new Mercedes is significantly worse than the Blackwing in terms of build quality. Sure they may have colorful lights for the interior lighting and a massive screen but everything that is “nice” is just a covering over cheap plastic. Within 20-30k miles the rattles and creaks that unveil themselves would make me never want to own said car.
100% this. Just about every part of the interior on my old AMG rattled and creaked. It was nice to look at but was not well put together. I don't find any of the touch points on my BW to be any worse than they were on the AMG.

Thanks for the response! Those cars are very rare and seeing them in person can be thrilling. It sounds like you liked the GS-F over the CTS-V3(?)

I did like the GS-F over the V3. But...the V3 was kind of tainted. I made some mistakes buying it. It was also my first GM vehicle and going from a Lexus LS500 and then to my second GS-F and then the V3 didn't do GM any favors as I was pretty spoiled with the nicer interiors and materials and such.

But I absolutely LOVE my 5BW and its been better than anything I had previously.

Went out of a 2021 E63 Wagon for the CT5. It was my third E63 wagon and it was awful (other two were great). Spent time in shop constantly, was uncomfortable and obviously not a 6MT.

Went out of a 2021 E63 Wagon for the CT5. It was my third E63 wagon and it was awful (other two were great). Spent time in shop constantly, was uncomfortable and obviously not a 6MT.
As someone who had his heart set on an E63 Wagon before the Blackwing came out, this is good to hear.

Wouldn't call it a trade, but it's essentially the same. My 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 totaled last month. Insurance paid me more than I can sell for. And no hesitation to choose 4V BW over S650 Dark Horse.

The YouTube Mustang fan boys, and you know who I mean, are trying so damm hard to get people onboard with the DH, but it ain’t working.

The YouTube Mustang fan boys, and you know who I mean, are trying so damm hard to get people onboard with the DH, but it ain’t working.
Checked with a couple of dealers near me and they all want mark ups on DH. It's not a Shelby, I wouldn't pay a dine over sticker for a regular Mustang.

Sold my MK7 GTI. Definitely miss the lightweight pocket rocket. Hard to beat it for a daily.

The Dark Horse is overpriced, but so was the Mach 1. At least for the next 5 months the answer is "Camaro".

Now think about this, after the Camaro bows out at the beginning of 2024 the only new V8 manual vehicle you can buy is a Mustang or a Cadillac (someone please tell me I'm wrong). Now Ford can charge whatever they want because what else are you going to buy.

How crazy is it that the only things left is a Mustang and a Cadillac, it boggles my mind. The most likely candidate paired with the most unlikely.

The Dark Horse is overpriced, but so was the Mach 1. At least for the next 5 months the answer is "Camaro".

Now think about this, after the Camaro bows out at the beginning of 2024 the only new V8 manual vehicle you can buy is a Mustang or a Cadillac (someone please tell me I'm wrong). Now Ford can charge whatever they want because what else are you going to buy.

How crazy is it that the only things left is a Mustang and a Cadillac, it boggles my mind. The most likely candidate paired with the most unlikely.
I bought a 350R because I didn’t want to spend $60k on the Dark Horse. Which is a slightly suped up Mach1. Rumor is Ford is bringing back the SVT Cobra. I’m eager to see what the specs will be on it…

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back