Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you trade?

I get what you’re saying about collectibility but I’m not concerned about that. I’ve got 38k miles on my GT350. It’s not going to be a Barrett Jackson car. I’m just looking for fun to drive and enjoyment. I’ve had over six years of enjoyment from my GT350. I’m ready to enjoy something else. Plus it might motivate me to get my Trans Am completed lol.

I get what you’re saying about collectibility but I’m not concerned about that. I’ve got 38k miles on my GT350. It’s not going to be a Barrett Jackson car. I’m just looking for fun to drive and enjoyment. I’ve had over six years of enjoyment from my GT350. I’m ready to enjoy something else. Plus it might motivate me to get my Trans Am completed lol.
Of all the cars that exist on earth 99.9% none have been built to not be driven and looked at parked.. 😏

This makes me so sad!
I am trying to unload my Automatic 4BW because of the incoming Manual and even in my small market with few cars (Quebec, Canada) it's pretty hard. Dealer offered me 27k under MSRP to get it of my hands lol..

Car is a 2023 fully loaded, Black, red calipers with 5000kms (around 3000miles) I am listing it 5000$ under MSRP and getting 0 bite...

CT5-V Wagon
IMG_2635.jpeg

…which begat my Bullitt
image1.jpeg

… from whence big Blackie was begotten.
IMG_2141.jpeg

Last edited:
Reminds me of this interaction I had with someone on the BMW reddit a few months ago. View attachment 21632
The Caddy is also I don't know 50k cheaper too vs the Comp series? Sorry, the Caddy owns it and can play Dr. Jekyll and Hyde like no other! The warranty is even better plus GM will back their crap up if a problem arises.
I will even most certainly guarantee the BMW fan you can pound the GM powertrain 100x harder/longer at SUBSTANIAL COST SAVINGS! The intelligent car buff knows this.....the sole fact is BMW is now pumping out actual volumes that equate to a "World Production Auto Manufacture" probably 3m units now so that's why there cars have progressively gotten "cheaper"

1 series? What the hell is that? I will take a buick all day any day over that even going back into the 80's buicks!

The only way that makes sense is if you can't afford a daily driver and a performance car. Even then its not a good choice as your GT350 is going to hold its value and eventually go up in value where as historically speaking the 4BW will just continue to depreciate. Maybe 5BW with the V8 might one day be collectible if its truly the last, but before that happens its going to drop in value. All gens of cts v dropped in value during normal markets and the CT5 will be no different.

As to the 4BW, simply look at ATS V values. Even right now my dealer has a 4bw for $2000 under sticker. Its already begun.

As I said originally though, if you need a family vehicle and track vehicle in one car its an excellent choice, just wait 6 more months for amazing deals.
Picked up my 6MT 4BW for 6k under MSRP a few weeks ago. Had been on the lot for 6 months or so. Sounds like good deals are already out there to be had.

Traded in my scat pack charger with the intention of replacing it with a hellcat…..wound up getting a ride in a 5V BW and decided to also sell my bolt on Camaro 1LE and consolidate my daily and track toy into one car lol. Camaro was a phenomenal car - 5 years of ownership and 63k miles and 34 track days on it. Never skipped a beat.

Attachments

• IMG_6532.jpeg
    IMG_6532.jpeg
    312.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6533.jpeg
    IMG_6533.jpeg
    206.5 KB · Views: 45
Traded a twin turbo Audi 7S. Like the BW, not a car you see on the road very often. The interior was much nicer but I was hankering to row the gears behind a V8 just one more time.

Attachments

• 20221030_164543.jpg
    20221030_164543.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 65
From this:
View attachment 21681
to this:
View attachment 21682
Although it’s early, couldn’t be happier. Admittedly do miss the cargo space of the hatchback, but there’s enough pros that I can look past that. With the strong trade value the dealership offered me for the CTR, as well as them slashing the price to nearly $10k off of MSRP for the IMSA Sebring 4BW 6MT, I decided it was time. I had been lusting over these since GM announced their release. I actually just finished prepping and coating it with Dr Beasley’s Matte Paint Coating yesterday. Car looks incredible :)

What do you think of the CTR vs the 4BW? I've got a GR Corolla coming in at MSRP but I went to look at one and the back seat seems to be too tight for a rear facing car seat.

Now I'm thinking about the CTR as a winter fun car, too bad its not awd. I got a Model Y LR to hold me over as a winter car for now.

Did you have to pay over MSRP for the CTR? Thanks.

I sold my 3400 mile '19 ZLE for a 405 mile '22 CT4-V BW. I'll post back after the break in.

2019 ZLE Puorro (18).jpg
715703726.jpg

I've got a GR Corolla coming in at MSRP but I went to look at one and the back seat seems to be too tight for a rear facing car seat.
I had a chance to get a Circuit at MSRP and passed. I put in a front facing no problem. Rear facing seat should be fine. There's more room back there than the CT4 and Acura ITS. I've haven't checked out the FL5 rear seat yet. My '17 FK8 had plenty.

Last edited:
Wow. What made you get a ct4 and not a ct5.

Wow. What made you get a ct4 and not a ct5.
I can't justify $100k+ for what it is. I do miss the sound and torque of the Camaro's LT4 but the CT5 BW doesn't have the upscale interior feel befitting the price. My Panamera 4S was $110k and it feels like it.

I'll wait and pick up a used '22 when the prices with PDR, CF1, and High Performance Seats are in the high $80's. I'm also pissed at GM for the ridiculous '23+ price hike. They had it priced right and the pandemic made everyone go nuts paying ADM's so here we are. I paid $69k for a fully loaded CT4 BW, minus the automatic, with less than 410 miles, ceramic coat, and PPF. That seems reasonable for what it is.

Last edited:
I can't justify $100k+ for what it is. I do miss the sound and torque of the Camaro's LT4 but the CT5 BW doesn't have the upscale interior feel befitting the price. My Panamera 4S was $110k and it feels like it.

I'll wait and pick up a used '22 when the prices with PDR, CF1, and High Performance Seats are in the high $80's. I'm also pissed at GM for the ridiculous '23+ price hike. They had it priced right and the pandemic made everyone go nuts paying ADM's so here we are. I paid $69k for a fully loaded CT4 BW, minus the automatic, with less than 410 miles, ceramic coat, and PPF. That seems reasonable for what it is.
How do you like it compared to the zl1? I might try jumping into a zl1 when I’m done with the blackwing.

I'm also pissed at GM for the ridiculous '23+ price hike. They had it priced right and the pandemic made everyone go nuts paying ADM's so here we are.

There’s that, but also inflation has prices up 16% since the pandemic. Blame China, or our leaders, but GM?

Last edited:
the CT5 BW doesn't have the upscale interior feel befitting the price. My Panamera 4S was $110k and it feels like it.
I'm not sure that's really an apples to apples comparison. The Panamera starts at $110k while a $110k BW will probably be very well optioned. I optioned a Panamera 4S to get it as close as I could the BW I have options wise and it was over $30k more. I think that's about the standard difference between the BW and the German competitors, the BW will be $20k-$40k cheaper depending on the specific competitor, but will be more fun to drive than all of them.

I had the same concerns about the interior coming from a German competitor (although not a $110k one) and I'm fine with the interior. It doesn't set the world on fire but it's fine for what it's trying to accomplish. It's first priority isn't luxury, it's performance. Some might look at it and say the interior and luxury isn't up to par for $100k, while I'd look at something like an E53, which is pretty close to 5BW price when optioned with everything the BW comes with standard, and think the performance doesn't match the price tag.

People value different things in their cars and cars set out to accomplish different things. The engine is phenomenal, the manual gearbox is the best I've ever used, and the way the car drives is top of its class and possibly top of any class at the moment. When all that is true I'm more than happy to live with an interior a half step below the Germans. I feel like for $100k you can buy a car that puts performance first or luxury first. I'll take the performance.

At the end of the day what other car am I going to get at just around $100k that performs as well as this one? The new 4 cylinder C63? An M3? No way. And the M3 interior isn't anything to write home about either, it's just a 3 series and it's all screens now. And to go a class above that you're stretching the price well above what a 5BW costs when you consider options.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that's really an apples to apples comparison. The Panamera starts at $110k while a $110k BW will probably be very well optioned. I optioned a Panamera 4S to get it as close as I could the BW I have options wise and it was over $30k more. I think that's about the standard difference between the BW and the German competitors, the BW will be $20k-$40k cheaper depending on the specific competitor, but will be more fun to drive than all of them.

I had the same concerns about the interior coming from a German competitor (although not a $110k one) and I'm fine with the interior. It doesn't set the world on fire but it's fine for what it's trying to accomplish. It's first priority isn't luxury, it's performance. Some might look at it and say the interior and luxury isn't up to par for $100k, while I'd look at something like an E53, which is pretty close to 5BW price when optioned with everything the BW comes with standard, and think the performance doesn't match the price tag.

People value different things in their cars and cars set out to accomplish different things. The engine is phenomenal, the manual gearbox is the best I've ever used, and the way the car drives is top of its class and possibly top of any class at the moment. When all that is true I'm more than happy to live with an interior a half step below the Germans. I feel like for $100k you can buy a car that puts performance first or luxury first. I'll take the performance.

At the end of the day what other car am I going to get at just around $100k that performs as well as this one? The new 4 cylinder C63? An M3? No way. And the M3 interior isn't anything to write home about either, it's just a 3 series and it's all screens now. And to go a class above that you're stretching the price well above what a 5BW costs when you consider options.
I agree on several points, especially the engine and manual transmission. The PDK is a blast to drive and it would be fun on the track, but I still prefer three pedals.

Here's the 2017 4S MSRP build sheet. It's crazy how quickly the prices have gone up post Covid. I paid less than MSRP.

Option Code Description Price (USD)
97ADB1 Panamera 4S $99,900
2T Jet Black Metallic $830
AB Standard Interior in Black $0
P53 Sport Package $6,930
0N5 Rear Axle Steering i.c.w. Power Steering Plus $0
QR5 Sport Chrono Package $0
1BK Air Suspension with Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) $0
0P8 Sport Exhaust System incl. Tailpipes in Silver $0
P51 Premium Package Plus $6,250
9VL BOSE® Surround Sound System $0
4A4 Seat Heating (Front and Rear) $0
4D3 Seat Ventilation (Front) $0
4F6 Porsche Entry & Drive $0
Q2J Power Seats (14-way) with Memory Package $0
8IS LED-Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) $0
GZ2 SoY Close Doors $0
7/1 Lane Change Assist (LCA) $0
QJ4 Window Trim in Black (High-Gloss) $390
8M1 Rear wiper $360
8A4 ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Surround View $1,190
1NP Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest $185
QE1 Storage Package $0
2ZH Steering Wheel Heating $270
6G2 6-Disc Changer $560
Total Retail Vehicle Price $116,865
Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee $1,050
Total o© Charges & Taxes $1,050
Total Retail Price*: $117,915

Last edited:
How was the GS-F? That's a pretty rare car to see.

Sorry for the delay in response!
I honestly really loved the GS-F. I had a 2016 when they first came out. Kept it 3 years and then got a 2019 CTS-V and really wasnt happy with it. Sold the V and got a 2020 GS-F and kept it about 18 months before getting my 5BW.

I never saw a single GS-F on the road so I liked that, and the engine sounded amazing every time you start it up. Lexus interior is really nice. Just wish it had more power.

Sorry for the delay in response!
I honestly really loved the GS-F. I had a 2016 when they first came out. Kept it 3 years and then got a 2019 CTS-V and really wasnt happy with it. Sold the V and got a 2020 GS-F and kept it about 18 months before getting my 5BW.

I never saw a single GS-F on the road so I liked that, and the engine sounded amazing every time you start it up. Lexus interior is really nice. Just wish it had more power.

Thanks for the response! Those cars are very rare and seeing them in person can be thrilling. It sounds like you liked the GS-F over the CTS-V3(?)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back