Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you trade?

My Soul.

But seriously -- Yes, my Soul.

No, seriously -- I had plans on trading in my 2020 Dodge Charger Widebody Hellcat for the 5BW 6MT. But then I got my Corvette C8 HT Stingray come in & the used car prices were starting to drop. So, I traded in the Hellcat for the 'Vette. When my 5BW came in 4 months later, I considered trading in my 2016 Ford F-150 SCrew KR but it's paid off & works really well as a tow vehicle for that occasional track event (for ether the 5BW or 'Vette). I loved that Hellcat but the 5BW is such a better platform in almost every category. I've had both on the track & the 5BW is soooooo much better. No regrets whatsoever. I don't ever plan on getting rid of the 5BW as I do not believe there will be another high-HP, manual transmission, 4-door sedan ever. Having said that, I drive the snot out of her & already have 14.8 miles on her since January.

Last edited:
2020 Civic Type R. I actually got it in November 2021 as a placeholder while waiting for '18+ E63S Wagon prices to cool back off... but then was sold on the 5BW and ordered one literally 3-4 weeks later. It took 14 months to arrive so I got 8,500 miles on the CTR. Great car but 5BW is on another level obviously.

I traded my 17 SS with ~41K miles for $41.5K. Bought it for $39K pre owned with 9K mikes. I don’t think we will see the Blackwing hold value like the SS did.

Attachments

• IMG_4230.jpeg
    IMG_4230.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 62
Traded in a 2019 Kia Stinger GT2 (left several aftermarket parts on it). Fun car, but the kids are getting older so I am able to get back to a ride that doesn't require as much passenger room. I was looking for a 2020 Jaguar F-type SVR, but came across my '22 CT4-V BW and kinda fell in love.
20200203_145013_HDR~2.jpg
20221122_163029.jpg

Said goodbye to my M2 Competition (in background).

Wanted 4 doors, adaptive suspension, and a better manual. The stick in the M2 was "meh". Being forced to use Rev-matching all the time was annoying, too. Also no android auto was killing me, lol.

I will say I miss the M2's color, and the body lines. No denying that car was a BEAUT.

But overall, I'm much much happier with my Blackwing.

Just trying to decide on what color to wrap... 💙, 💚, or 💜 🤔
I'll take your M2... I miss mine dearly. I had the dual clutch though. I could live with the manual although shifting in the blackwing is hands down a better experience

Attachments

• IMG_6937.jpeg
    IMG_6937.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6941.jpeg
    IMG_6941.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 56
I traded my 17 SS with ~41K miles for $41.5K. Bought it for $39K pre owned with 9K mikes. I don’t think we will see the Blackwing hold value like the SS did.
I think your anecdote is more a circumstance of timing and good bargaining and not blanket measure of the SS market. We've had the resale debate many times, the 5BW is going to weather quite nicely. Even the most cynical observer would have to concede the 5BW is at least as good as the SS by any and all measures. The SS is a fantastic car, but the 5BW turns everything up.

Christopher Guest These Go To Eleven GIF by Maudit

I think your anecdote is more a circumstance of timing and good bargaining and not blanket measure of the SS market. We've had the resale debate many times, the 5BW is going to weather quite nicely. Even the most cynical observer would have to concede the 5BW is at least as good as the SS by any and all measures. The SS is a fantastic car, but the 5BW turns everything up.

Christopher Guest These Go To Eleven GIF by Maudit
Agreed, the 5BW is in another league. I just think with a MSRP double of the SS; it will be harder to get 80% of the original purchase price ~5 years later and with ~40K miles. SS sales pre pandemic and post pandemic are still very strong. Only time will tell, hopefully I am wrong and the BW stands taller than the SS, in terms of holding value. Here are some Manheim Market Reports on both vehicles for shits and giggles.

Attachments

• ss mmr 2.png
    ss mmr 2.png
    389.7 KB · Views: 76
  • BW MMR.png
    BW MMR.png
    362.5 KB · Views: 68
Why not? I bet production #'s end up being 1/3 of SS's when it's all said and done.

I keep going back and forth on selling my 2017 GT350 for a 4BW. It’s been a great car which I’ve owned for over 6 years and 38k miles. It’s actually been the longest I’ve owned a car. But the itch to try something different is real.

I’m curious. What did you trade/sell for your BW? Any regrets?
2018 Trackhawk --- only regret is I should have kept it and got the 5BW love both cars. BW is a totally different type of driving experience. TH was just brute power off line but not as a fun drive like a sports car.

1694052955732.png

My 718 Cayman S.

Had a bunch of mods done to it so pulled them all off prior to. Owned it for 2.5 years or so. Will absolutely try to get another one down the road. Hard to think of anything bad tbh. Just needed more space for some car seats in the back.

View attachment 21587
My 718 Cayman S.

Had a bunch of mods done to it so pulled them all off prior to. Owned it for 2.5 years or so. Will absolutely try to get another one down the road. Hard to think of anything bad tbh. Just needed more space for some car seats in the back.
I owned a 718 GTS and will definitely get another 718 (GT4 probably) some day to keep around, it's a just unique driving experience.

I owned a 718 GTS and will definitely get another 718 (GT4 probably) some day to keep around, it's a just unique driving experience.
Yep. GT4 would be nice for sure.

Phenomenal cars really.

A GT4 is high on my list. Wishing I would’ve picked up a 2016 precovid when they were reasonably priced…also a GT3 before they jumped $30k+ lol.

Traded a 2023 BMW M340xi for a 2023 CT4-V BW today. The BMW had more space for people and stuff, was more fuel efficient, and probably a bit faster in a straight line, but the BW rides a lot better on the rough roads around here while also handling better with better steering.

Despite reviewers claiming that the Cadillac interior is subpar, I find it nicer than the M340’s - higher quality materials and more features (cooled seats, comfort access, more seat adjustability).

Traded a 2023 BMW M340xi for a 2023 CT4-V BW today. The BMW had more space for people and stuff, was more fuel efficient, and probably a bit faster in a straight line, but the BW rides a lot better on the rough roads around here while also handling better with better steering.

Despite reviewers claiming that the Cadillac interior is subpar, I find it nicer than the M340’s - higher quality materials and more features (cooled seats, comfort access, more seat adjustability).
But, but....It's not a BMW they will say? Lol...totally not impressed with BMW sorry! Glad to see you in CADDY!

Reactions: DCV
I keep going back and forth on selling my 2017 GT350 for a 4BW. It’s been a great car which I’ve owned for over 6 years and 38k miles. It’s actually been the longest I’ve owned a car. But the itch to try something different is real.

I’m curious. What did you trade/sell for your BW? Any regrets?
The only way that makes sense is if you can't afford a daily driver and a performance car. Even then its not a good choice as your GT350 is going to hold its value and eventually go up in value where as historically speaking the 4BW will just continue to depreciate. Maybe 5BW with the V8 might one day be collectible if its truly the last, but before that happens its going to drop in value. All gens of cts v dropped in value during normal markets and the CT5 will be no different.

As to the 4BW, simply look at ATS V values. Even right now my dealer has a 4bw for $2000 under sticker. Its already begun.

As I said originally though, if you need a family vehicle and track vehicle in one car its an excellent choice, just wait 6 more months for amazing deals.

The only way that makes sense is if you can't afford a daily driver and a performance car. Even then its not a good choice as your GT350 is going to hold its value and eventually go up in value where as historically speaking the 4BW will just continue to depreciate. Maybe 5BW with the V8 might one day be collectible if its truly the last, but before that happens its going to drop in value. All gens of cts v dropped in value during normal markets and the CT5 will be no different.

As to the 4BW, simply look at ATS V values. Even right now my dealer has a 4bw for $2000 under sticker. Its already begun.

As I said originally though, if you need a family vehicle and track vehicle in one car its an excellent choice, just wait 6 more months for amazing deals.
This makes me so sad!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners