Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you trade?

I sold my 2015 Z06, 7-speed manual. I absolutely loved driving that car but I bought it (used) thinking it could be a daily driver supercar. The lack of ground clearance ended that idea. And I hated how wide it was when parking in public or in the garage. The overall size of the BW4, and the fact that I could get a manual, were what sold me on it.

Attachments

• IMG_0940.JPG
    IMG_0940.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0957.JPG
    IMG_0957.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
A 2022 Wrangler 392.

Regret it? No

Do I absolutely miss that Jeep? Yes

What an utterly ridiculous vehicle. I've been trying to see if I can swing a lease on one because I absolutely will have one back in my driveway again, even if it takes years saving up my pennies.
I have the 5BW and a 2014 Wrangler. Put more money in mods in the Jeep than I paid for it new. In Arizona to really see the scenery a Jeep is a must have. You really don’t need a 392 for off-roading. My Pentastar is a real dog on the street, but does just great in the rocks. At one point I thought about putting an LS and TR-4050 in, just so expensive.

Last edited:
I traded a 2019 Z06 Corvette, absolutely beautiful car, but I can't say I enjoyed driving it as much as looking at it.
Bought BW4 6MT and find it much more enjoyable to drive on a back road, plenty fast and I'm not terrified about the lack of ground clearance.

This was really a tough call for me at the time, but I'm glad I pulled the trigger. I absolutely love every minute behind the wheel of the Blackwing.

My wife (Not a car person) doesn't get it. I think the Blackwing is definitely a drivers car, much like a Miata, either you get it, or you don't. More of a car for people "In the know" so to speak.

Last edited:
I guess I’m a hoarder.

I still own every car I’ve ever owned. 1987 Supra Turbo (needs a lot of work now), 2002 C5 Z06, 2009 G37xs, 2022 X3M competition, 2022 CT5 V blackwing, 2023 Tesla Model Y long range.

My family traded in their first ever vehicle last year when my dad traded his 330k mile 2007 MDX for his new Tundra TRD pro. All the other cars in my family we drove until they were scrap.

Everyone on this forum says they are keeping the Blackwing forever because it’s so special and the last of its kind, but have their past automotive ownership history suggests otherwise. I’m probably actually keeping the Blackwing forever, because it’s a car, and I’m a car hoarder.

Long time lurker who was ready to pull the trigger on a 4BW this year until we decided to tack another $40k onto the cost of our kitchen renovation :ROFLMAO:. Currently driving a 2016 Focus ST but looking to get a Blackwing next year once the savings account replenishes a bit! I'll either keep the ST as a daily driver for Winter (Ohio here) or give it to my daughter when she gets her license.

Appreciate this comment. I've owned several BMWs previously, but never had any experience with Cadillac. Definitely had some reservations when I put down a deposit with my local dealer. But the number of BMW owners that have made the switch is making me feel more confident with my decision.
I sold my 2022 M3 and my next vehicle will most likely be a BW.

Now a days, BMW is more of lifestyle brand and most of their M vehicles are GrandTourers. If you are looking for something more engaging and driver centric, you wouldnt be disappointed with the BW.

Now a days, BMW is more of lifestyle brand and most of their M vehicles are GrandTourers.
Spot on. I think M and AMG are more lifestyle brands now. AMG in particular has been watered down with Mercedes throwing the AMG badge on almost everything. In the US two thirds of the C Class models are AMGs (C300, C43, C63), and don’t even get me started on the new 4 cylinder C63.

And BMW threw out their refined, classy but a little aggressive M designs for ones that scream “look at me I’m driving an M!”

The ultimate driving machine is no longer German. It’s American.

Traded a 2018 M-B GLA AMG. Nice little car with "entry level" compromises. Never envisioned a Cadillac, after years of everything else from Mustangs to Ferrari, Audi, VW, BMW Porsche and other. But here I am with a 4BW!!

2019 AMG E43
What a mistake. Went to get a C63S and the E43 was marked down $18k so jumped on it. Way too big and not enough HP...we dont have kids either.

Sold it for 25% more than the Lease buyout during Covid

Sold a '17 SS 6MT for not much less than I paid for it after putting 40k miles on it. 95% of my driving is mile high elevation or higher and the turbo 6 just spanks a na V-8. The V-8 certainly wins in the sound dept but the 4BW is better in every way except for maybe comfort.

Spot on. I think M and AMG are more lifestyle brands now. AMG in particular has been watered down with Mercedes throwing the AMG badge on almost everything. In the US two thirds of the C Class models are AMGs (C300, C43, C63), and don’t even get me started on the new 4 cylinder C63.

And BMW threw out their refined, classy but a little aggressive M designs for ones that scream “look at me I’m driving an M!”

The ultimate driving machine is no longer German. It’s American.
Lol...spot on and what an expensive mistake so many Americans make with B_M_W and they will buy some other German thing...

Traded my 2021 M3 Comp for my manual 5BW. Loved the M3 the two years I had it, but got tired of the soul and connection it lacked.
9D835A40-7A1A-4494-9D70-FAE3FC9CB9F1.jpeg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners