Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you trade?

2020 C63S coupe. The engine was great minus the turbo lag, but everything else was a bit of a letdown.
DSC_1761-2.jpg

As a lurker thinking about getting a CT4-V Blackwing, I am glad to get your perspective. I'm considering selling my Charger Hellcat as well. I don't drive it much anymore. It's difficult to enjoy the car with traffic, street traction and not wanting to go to jail. I daily a manual Mazda 3 but no longer have a long commute so don't need the econobox scenario. Plan is to give the Mazda to my teenager, sell the Hellcat and enjoy daily driving the CT4-V Blackwing. Not a lot of choices if you want a manual transmission. Also considering the Acura Integra non S and keeping the Hellcat.

I thought the hellcat was a good daily and comfortable, but even being much smaller the BW rides nicer in tour mode so I think you'd be happy with that as your only vehicle.

I mildly considered the type S before the BW but I didn't think the price was justified. Plus I wanted enough power to be satisfied and the BW definitely feels like plenty. Haven't thus far wanted anything more. If you did non type S and hellcat it might be an odd combo if your primary 'fun' car was the auto though

My 4BW replaced a '11 V6 Altima Sedan. Obviously a major upgrade and not really any regrets. The motivation for replacing it was some thing or things about itwere triggering my motion sickness symptoms and I, after a couple years of trying, could not work through it. Originally I was going to get a non-BW 5V but couldn't get an allocation through local dealers.

I thought the hellcat was a good daily and comfortable, but even being much smaller the BW rides nicer in tour mode so I think you'd be happy with that as your only vehicle.

I mildly considered the type S before the BW but I didn't think the price was justified. Plus I wanted enough power to be satisfied and the BW definitely feels like plenty. Haven't thus far wanted anything more. If you did non type S and hellcat it might be an odd combo if your primary 'fun' car was the auto though
Agree with all you have said and yeah the type S just doesn't seem worth while from a cost perspective. I'm about sold on the BW being a good mix of fun, comfortable and nice as a daily with a manual and the correct wheels being driving.

I briefly owned a 2022 M4 Comp xD in Skyscraper Grey. I came so close to changing the order to Malachite Green, but was afraid of elongating the schedule to go Individual and reset the process. I only kept the car 2000 miles and learned I am in no way a BMW guy. But that color is sweet, and with the Full Tartufo I had, would have been stellar!

I'm curious what you didn't like about the BMW?

A 2019 911 C4S. Great car but it draws haters and the maintenance was more than I wanted to pay. So I traded it for the 4BW and got 34k back to me from the dealer.

I've had a few 911s, and I was also surprised at the haters. I was at a traffic light in my 964 and some dumb redneck in an old F150 scared me (on purpose) by deliberately putting it in reverse and backing up toward me.

2023 M3 6MT - Individual Malachite Paint

Gorgeous. I'm selling my 2023 M4 6MT, and getting taken to the cleaners after taking a bath. It's my own darn fault. Hopefully you did better than I.

2013 535i M Sport Edition with 75,000 miles with the 6MT.

IMG_2755.jpg

I've had a few 911s, and I was also surprised at the haters. I was at a traffic light in my 964 and some dumb redneck in an old F150 scared me (on purpose) by deliberately putting it in reverse and backing up toward me.

Gorgeous. I'm selling my 2023 M4 6MT, and getting taken to the cleaners after taking a bath. It's my own darn fault. Hopefully you did better than I.
In 2022 I did 6000km and 5 track days on a M4 Comp Vert and sold it 5k more than I paid for.

Afterwards I got delivery of a 2023 M4 CSL that I had been waiting for two years. Drove it a bit and when I saw dealers had a hard time selling them at MSRP I took a small bath (new luxury tax from our governments in big parts fault) and traded it in for the M3 6MT and a 2023 X5 Plug-in(Wich I love) the S58 engine is very impressive in its broad powerband, it's also producing much more power than it is rated at but it is what it is, it doesn't have a particular nice sound tough and it's so potent that it's a bit characterless.

I really wanted to love the G8X platform, when you look at it on paper it's the better car and I was ready to forgo the front nose for the "best car" but ultimately the best spec sheet doesn't translate to the best driving experience, it's the intengible way all this mechanical engineering sings a particular song together and provides a special driving experience that makes you feel stuff. I also owned a 2018 718 GTS and drove a few GT4's on and off track so these are a bit of my benchmark on how a sports/sporty car should feel.

At first I wasn't sure about the Blackwing but after doing more miles and more than one track day I am amazed of its capability, the comfort of the suspension, seats and how everything just works and is simple to use vs the M3 is astonishing. In the M3 my hips, ass and back would hurt after 1.5hr of driving, the idrive8 would often drop my phone and would be unpairable without two hard resets, don't get me started on the stupid auto climate controls buried in the screen, the suspension was only flowing good when going 90-100mph and too soft on track. Just a glimpse of stuff that becomes very obvious when you drive both for some time. From the E90 and up M as progressively grown into M for Marketing if you ask me. I also owned. 2018 M2 DCT for 3 years, hated the suspension but loved the car.

To me the CT4V Blackwing is an impossible car, never I would of believed a manufacturer could pump out a car that could be all this from 1 to 10 in the same package, it's truly impressive. I still want to get my hands on a 5BW but don't feel short changed at all riding a 4BW for now.

In 2022 I did 6000km and 5 track days on a M4 Comp Vert and sold it 5k more than I paid for.

Afterwards I got delivery of a 2023 M4 CSL that I had been waiting for two years. Drove it a bit and when I saw dealers had a hard time selling them at MSRP I took a small bath (new luxury tax from our governments in big parts fault) and traded it in for the M3 6MT and a 2023 X5 Plug-in(Wich I love) the S58 engine is very impressive in its broad powerband, it's also producing much more power than it is rated at but it is what it is, it doesn't have a particular nice sound tough and it's so potent that it's a bit characterless.

I really wanted to love the G8X platform, when you look at it on paper it's the better car and I was ready to forgo the front nose for the "best car" but ultimately the best spec sheet doesn't translate to the best driving experience, it's the intengible way all this mechanical engineering sings a particular song together and provides a special driving experience that makes you feel stuff. I also owned a 2018 718 GTS and drove a few GT4's on and off track so these are a bit of my benchmark on how a sports/sporty car should feel.

At first I wasn't sure about the Blackwing but after doing more miles and more than one track day I am amazed of its capability, the comfort of the suspension, seats and how everything just works and is simple to use vs the M3 is astonishing. In the M3 my hips, ass and back would hurt after 1.5hr of driving, the idrive8 would often drop my phone and would be unpairable without two hard resets, don't get me started on the stupid auto climate controls buried in the screen, the suspension was only flowing good when going 90-100mph and too soft on track. Just a glimpse of stuff that becomes very obvious when you drive both for some time. From the E90 and up M as progressively grown into M for Marketing if you ask me. I also owned. 2018 M2 DCT for 3 years, hated the suspension but loved the car.

To me the CT4V Blackwing is an impossible car, never I would of believed a manufacturer could pump out a car that could be all this from 1 to 10 in the same package, it's truly impressive. I still want to get my hands on a 5BW but don't feel short changed at all riding a 4BW for now.
Appreciate this comment. I've owned several BMWs previously, but never had any experience with Cadillac. Definitely had some reservations when I put down a deposit with my local dealer. But the number of BMW owners that have made the switch is making me feel more confident with my decision.

Appreciate this comment. I've owned several BMWs previously, but never had any experience with Cadillac. Definitely had some reservations when I put down a deposit with my local dealer. But the number of BMW owners that have made the switch is making me feel more confident with my decision.
I also had an "opinion" on GM vehicles and most ppl around me do also, some even recognize how great the 4BW is but wouldn't want to be seen owning one lol.

Some of them are probably also suggesting to there girlfriend to have there boobs done and face injected before going to sleep..

Anyways I don't care much what ppl think but I think it's totally normal for BMW owners to have there nose up on the Blackwings given how snob the community has become.

I currently drive a 911 997.1 and haven't experienced the hatred thankfully!

A 2022 Wrangler 392.

Regret it? No

Do I absolutely miss that Jeep? Yes

What an utterly ridiculous vehicle. I've been trying to see if I can swing a lease on one because I absolutely will have one back in my driveway again, even if it takes years saving up my pennies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back