Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What did you trade?

sublime1996525

I keep going back and forth on selling my 2017 GT350 for a 4BW. It’s been a great car which I’ve owned for over 6 years and 38k miles. It’s actually been the longest I’ve owned a car. But the itch to try something different is real.

I’m curious. What did you trade/sell for your BW? Any regrets?

2015 Lexus GS350. This was a nice car, but was not something that I'd call "fun to drive". I've previously had "fun cars" that I could break out on the weekends, but garage space is limited with a house full of teens. Instead decided to get something fun I could drive every day -- enter the CT4V-Blackwing. ZERO regrets.

Attachments

• 20200308_203557736_iOS.jpeg
    20200308_203557736_iOS.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 44
A 2019 911 C4S. Great car but it draws haters and the maintenance was more than I wanted to pay. So I traded it for the 4BW and got 34k back to me from the dealer.

2023 M3 6MT - Individual Malachite Paint

Great 7/10 car and on the luxury isolated side, I wanted something engineered to be pushed to 9/10 with more confidence and emotion.
20230421_135714.jpg

2023 M3 6MT - Individual Malachite Paint

Great 7/10 car and on the luxury isolated side, I wanted something engineered to be pushed to 9/10 with more confidence and emotion.View attachment 21315
Fantastic color. I have not driven the M3, but the seats are terrible. Very hard. How was the steering on the BMW? I assume the handling was nice and it might have been a bit faster.

I traded in a BMW 550 x drive. The power was awesome which was faster than the 4 Blackwing. The steering on the BMW was over assisted and not precise. The handling was OK. The BMW did have a very nice interior with wonderful seats. The BMW was a luxury fun car to drive, but the Blackwing is a driver's car and is much more pleasurable to drive.

I was leasing a 2020 charger hellcat and was going to buy it out but started getting bored toward the end. The sound was the best part and I'll always miss that. The power was not really useable on anything but the highway though, and it felt less special over time with all the other versions that came out and in general the number of chargers on the road. I was able to trade it in and get $15k. Only just passed 1k miles on the CT4BW and the manual and handling have made it much more engaging.

Attachments

• PXL_20201108_001837910.MP.jpg
    PXL_20201108_001837910.MP.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 51
Fantastic color. I have not driven the M3, but the seats are terrible. Very hard. How was the steering on the BMW? I assume the handling was nice and it might have been a bit faster.
I owned 4 G series BMWs and the handling is fine for most ppl and even more so if never do track days. I found the steering to be videogamish, it's quick but you are really gessing where the wheels are what the tires are doing, the only place you feel what the car is doing is in your but and moreso if you have the buckets (Wich I had in 3 of them) I also found that the back and front don't talk very well to each other, you feel the car skipping in your but and the lack of steering feel is really bad for confidence. I guess with time one could get used to it but it felt really wrong compared to other cars I drove on track. The 4BW albeit needing a little relearn of my brain at first is very different gives more the more you ask instead of falling appart like the BMW.

I owned 4 G series BMWs and the handling is fine for most ppl and even more so if never do track days. I found the steering to be videogamish, it's quick but you are really gessing where the wheels are what the tires are doing, the only place you feel what the car is doing is in your but and moreso if you have the buckets (Wich I had in 3 of them) I also found that the back and front don't talk very well to each other, you feel the car skipping in your but and the lack of steering feel is really bad for confidence. I guess with time one could get used to it but it felt really wrong compared to other cars I drove on track. The 4BW albeit needing a little relearn of my brain at first is very different gives more the more you ask instead of falling appart like the BMW.

Is your current 4BW a 6MT?

View attachment 21319

The color was awesome in the sun.
I briefly owned a 2022 M4 Comp xD in Skyscraper Grey. I came so close to changing the order to Malachite Green, but was afraid of elongating the schedule to go Individual and reset the process. I only kept the car 2000 miles and learned I am in no way a BMW guy. But that color is sweet, and with the Full Tartufo I had, would have been stellar!

I was leasing a 2020 charger hellcat and was going to buy it out but started getting bored toward the end. The sound was the best part and I'll always miss that. The power was not really useable on anything but the highway though, and it felt less special over time with all the other versions that came out and in general the number of chargers on the road. I was able to trade it in and get $15k. Only just passed 1k miles on the CT4BW and the manual and handling have made it much more engaging.
As a lurker thinking about getting a CT4-V Blackwing, I am glad to get your perspective. I'm considering selling my Charger Hellcat as well. I don't drive it much anymore. It's difficult to enjoy the car with traffic, street traction and not wanting to go to jail. I daily a manual Mazda 3 but no longer have a long commute so don't need the econobox scenario. Plan is to give the Mazda to my teenager, sell the Hellcat and enjoy daily driving the CT4-V Blackwing. Not a lot of choices if you want a manual transmission. Also considering the Acura Integra non S and keeping the Hellcat.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back