Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What are you all paying for insurance?

Just to let you guys know.......IF you put your car(s) away for winter storage, you can tell your insurance company to suspend your collision part of your premium. I park my rides in storage for the winter months from November to March and I save a few bucks off the annual total. I do it with USAA every year and save $600-800.

USAA in Arizona. $1062 for 6 months for the 5BW. Deductible is 500/1000 (comp/collision), liability and injury of 500K/1M, property 300K, replacement 20% above value. If I changed to the minimum required by law the 6 month would be $654. So it's only relevant to compare when the coverage values are stated.

You need to quote the protections for the costs to make sense.

$760.70/6 month for both my C7 Z06 and 4BW.

Liability - Bodily Injury and Property Damage
$250,000 / $500,000 / $100,000
Per person / per accident / per accident

Uninsured Motor Vehicle - Bodily Injury and Property Damage
$250,000 / $500,00
Per person / per accident

Comprehensive
$0
Deductible per accident

Collision
$1,000
Deductible per accident

Rates vary by where you live in addition to the options you have on your car. I'm in southern California with Geico $688 every 6 months. I have multiple vehicle discount.

Bodily & Uninsured/underinsured $100k/$300k
property $100k
comprehensive $500 deductible
collision $1,000 deductible
Roadside

I called Snake Farm and they wanted over $3k a year just for the BW. No accidents or tickets, knock on wood.

$760.70/6 month for both my C7 Z06 and 4BW.

Liability - Bodily Injury and Property Damage
$250,000 / $500,000 / $100,000
Per person / per accident / per accident

Uninsured Motor Vehicle - Bodily Injury and Property Damage
$250,000 / $500,00
Per person / per accident

Comprehensive
$0
Deductible per accident

Collision
$1,000
Deductible per accident
You got me thinking maybe I should upgrade my liability bodily insurance for the $25 every 6 mo I raised it to $300k/$500k. Sounds like a good idea to me.
People around my area drive really expensive cars and I remember someone mentioning to up the insurance just in case.

Very true. It's almost impossible to compare person to person. We have $500 deductible which I think is dumb, but she doesn't want to raise it. "What if?" Really? I believe 250K/500K liability, maybe more, and ACV for collision loss. Three vehicles, all full coverage.

I pay $2,380/yr w/ AAA in California. $1k deductible, no accidents, excellent driving record, reported driving less than 1k miles/year. This is my bundled "discounted" rate (w/ other car, home).....and i've been w/ them for 20 years!

I've been with USAA for 34 years, and used to support them 100% without exception, but with their policy changes during recent years they've quickly become just like every other insurance company - all about the bottom line! After a recent policy increase of 25% (they said it was due to state policy changes) I asked them to work with me on the cost (for the first time ever) and they pretty much told me to kick rocks! Zero accidents ever with them and no tickets since '07 (56 years old) and they continually raise my rates. While I still have 2 of our daily vehicles with them along with our house, I now have our 5BW with NCM Insurance (Corvette Museum affiliate) along with a few other vintage or collectible cars and bikes. My daily bikes are with Geico and our RV is with Progressive. I despise insurance, since I feel like the average good driver gets absolutely nothing for their money and we're only subsidizing the bad behavior of others. NCM seems to be one of the straightest shooters out there for anything we use as a toy/collectible - can't daily a car with them, but my BW is insured for an agreed value of $100k and I can drive it up to 6,000 miles each year (that'll never happen since we have 8 vehicles and 6 motorcycles) and the policy on the BW is $1570 yearly.

I've been with USAA for 34 years, and used to support them 100% without exception, but with their policy changes during recent years they've quickly become just like every other insurance company - all about the bottom line! After a recent policy increase of 25% (they said it was due to state policy changes) I asked them to work with me on the cost (for the first time ever) and they pretty much told me to kick rocks! Zero accidents ever with them and no tickets since '07 (56 years old) and they continually raise my rates. While I still have 2 of our daily vehicles with them along with our house, I now have our 5BW with NCM Insurance (Corvette Museum affiliate) along with a few other vintage or collectible cars and bikes. My daily bikes are with Geico and our RV is with Progressive. I despise insurance, since I feel like the average good driver gets absolutely nothing for their money and we're only subsidizing the bad behavior of others. NCM seems to be one of the straightest shooters out there for anything we use as a toy/collectible - can't daily a car with them, but my BW is insured for an agreed value of $100k and I can drive it up to 6,000 miles each year (that'll never happen since we have 8 vehicles and 6 motorcycles) and the policy on the BW is $1570 yearly.
Insurance companies and banks have all the money and this is how they get it. After taking many years to realize loyalty does nothing for you, I now use a broker. I may have to change companies more often, but I am now saving money that I foolishly spent before. Just be aware that when you change to a new insurer (Progressive and others), they like to entice you with a low first timer rate. Following year rates may not be so low.

I despise insurance, since I feel like the average good driver gets absolutely nothing for their money and we're only subsidizing the bad behavior of others.
View insurance as your protection from others. All it takes is one person with no or minimal insurance, assets and income to wreck your life and finances.

Looks like I’m paying the most around here lol. I’m currently at $1512 for 6 months with State Farm in florida.

Upon further review...........I'm actually paying about twice what the policy says it costs. I'm on a monthly payment plan - which they claim has zero charges for the convenience - and what I'm paying is WAY off of the prices on the policy summary. Stay tuned.........

Don't have the car yet, but was quoted at around $450 for a 6 month premium with Geico in North NJ. Includes comprehensive, $1000 deductible, 35 year old with no accidents.

I got lucky, I think, on my 23 4BW Watkins Glen. I added to my Grundy policy and its $1323/year with a $90K agreed value. Normal no daily or timed events but can drive it unlimited miles.

I had an a-hole open his pick up truck door into my Dodge Challenger, passenger door and put a small ding, right on the body line of the car, just under the mirror. PDF guy said it was such a bad spot and deep enough that I had to put in a claim for a door ding. USAA paid me $1500 after my $500 deductible. It was a big job. Good thing my family is i the body shop business. I had to blend paint into the front fender and remove billboard decals from the door and quarter panel. Literally the entire passenger side of the car had to be repaired for a damned door ding !

PS: I wasn't able to go after the other guys insurance, because I didn't notice the damage until a day later.

Attachments

• IMG951604.jpg
    IMG951604.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Dodge Door dent.jpg
    Dodge Door dent.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 20221008_123925.jpg
    20221008_123925.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 41

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!