Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What are you all paying for insurance?

SynisterAZ

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'23 CT4-V Blackwing
Been with USAA for almost 20 years and their claims service is top shelf but Ive never really shopped around since it was always the easy option. My 6 mos premium is $1275 with a $500 deductible and I was wondering where that falls relative to other providers.

I know it varies by state, driving record, blah blah blah, but was curious what others are paying to insure their BWs, specific apples-apples would be for a 4BW.

My insurance just went up and I now pay $1572.10 a year on my 5BW with a $250 deductible...... I don't know why but my 4BW is $2002.74 a year with $250 deductible.......

I’m at about $1500 a year and a $1000 deductible. That’s with Amica and that includes a bunch of discounts since we have other cars, life insurance with them etc.

I'm in Texas with USAA. $1000 deductible and 20% replacement assistance puts me at $2840 every 6 months. Perfect driving history. Ugh.

Wow........guess I'm super lucky. I'm in Austin, TX and I've been with State Farm for over 30 years. 3 cars + home + small misc policies.

The Caddy by itself is $649.02 for 6 months. That's nearly identical to my 24 yr old son for an 8 year old Toyota highlander. He just turned 25, so I expect a drastic drop in his cost when it renews next.

Did you guys post just the cost of the BW by itself ? Those numbers are higher than mine for everything I have insured with SF. When I looked it up on the web site, the grand total is all I could see online. I had to find a PDF of the last paper statement to see costs for each individual vehicle.

I am paying 420 for six months with full coverage from State Farm for a 2023 CT4 Blackwing. But my rates are going up by 34% to around 560 for six months. No accidents or tickets. Why is insurance so expensive and why are the rates going up so much? One reason is all of the people who are driving without insurance and another is the increase in crime. I guess after reading these posts, I seem to have the lowest so far.

Wow........guess I'm super lucky. I'm in Austin, TX and I've been with State Farm for over 30 years. 3 cars + home + small misc policies.

The Caddy by itself is $649.02 for 6 months. That's nearly identical to my 24 yr old son for an 8 year old Toyota highlander. He just turned 25, so I expect a drastic drop in his cost when it renews next.

Did you guys post just the cost of the BW by itself ? Those numbers are higher than mine for everything I have insured with SF. When I looked it up on the web site, the grand total is all I could see online. I had to find a PDF of the last paper statement to see costs for each individual vehicle.
What the heck...I've got 5 cars, home, valuable property, and all for 23 years. Maybe my age? I'm only 43 so maybe I'm a "risky driver"? My wife has an accident every 3 years or so, but that shouldn't affect me as the BW primary driver, right?

6 mos for all vehicles is $6638.

I'm paying about $1000 a year for just the 5BW with only a $500 deductible. Two other vehicles and the house bundled together.

I'm paying about $1000 a year for just the 5BW with only a $500 deductible. Two other vehicles and the house bundled together.
Who is your insurance with? I need to get a quote.

I'm with a local independent agent. That IS the way to go. They look for the best deal from over a dozen different companies to keep your business. I used to shop around every couple of years. It's hours of work. Not any more. I let them do it. I believe it's underwritten by Flo and Jamie at Progressive.

Damn, guess I need to start shopping around. USAA used to be a great deal but I guess all the PFC's financing their Dodge Hellcat's at 25% and then wrapping them around a tree have really hosed the rates for the rest of us.

I'm at $111/month for three cars: '22 CT4 BW, '22 Honda Ridgeline, '12 Audi A3 TDI. The breakout is $34 for the BW, $24 for the Ridgeline, $53 for the Audi. Those all have $1000 deductible. I'm recently retired and don't put on many miles. Bundled with home insurance (Nationwide).

Comprehensive $1000 deductible
Collision $1000 deductible

Liability: $500k/$500k per person/per occurrence, $250k property
Uninsured motorist $100k/$300k per person/per occurrence

+Safety glass coverage
+OEM parts

No: rental, loan gap (I own outright), new car replacement plus, roadside assistance

Last edited:
I spent lots of time getting a quote from USAA a couple of years ago, and they weren't even close. They admitted that being with SF so long makes it nearly impossible to beat.

Honestly I have no idea. I use a local agent for the best rates, I just call them and tell them to add the car. Eventually I get the bill and as long as the first number isn't a 2 or higher I'm happy. The car is only insured for half the year anyway.

It was $650/6 months with Progressive with a $1000 deductible. I normally get the highest possible set amount deductible for regular public road insurance to lower my premiums by a significant amount. If I can go with $2000 for a deductible, I would. I always have deductible money for anything I have insured ready to access in my savings account. IMO, getting a low deductible plan is like betting against yourself, and paying the insurance company the privilege to charge you more every 6 months. I don't drive like a jackass on the streets, so I'm at very low risk of a single vehicle, at fault accident. My GAP insurance also covers up to $2000 deductible in case of a total loss.

For track use, however, that's a different story. I will get the lowest deductible possible for track insurance because it's set at 10-20% of the agreed value that is insured. With percentages, the numbers get higher and higher.

Street, high deductible for low premiums. Track, low deductible for less financial burden should anything happen.

Progressive was 3X cheaper than State Farm for my motorcycles. SF clearly has no interest in the bike business..........

~3500/yr with USAA, but that's for 6 cars(3 w/full coverage) and a valuable personal property policy too.

22 5BW $1350 yr
22 Sierra Denali 3500 $900 yr
$500 deductible full coverage
Could be better or worse
JM2C

Last edited:
I have USAA on my 5BW at $1000 deductible and $2639 per year for full coverage. Been with them for 36 years. I also have 3 other cars under them. 2022 Kia Telluride, 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and 2014 Dodge Challenger RT Plus. My total annual car insurance for the 4 cars is $8035 . NY is a high insurance state. USAA has always been a great insurance company to deal with. Never any problems with a claim.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back