Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V VIR Track Event Raw Notes and Video

CT5-V Model
When I was at VIR I had one time I don't think it returned all the way up but nothing bad enough to throw an error message. I was hammering the brakes too and never had an issue.

I heard there was a 5BW at VIR this weekend with PCA. If you're on the forum drop me a PM.

I'll be there tomorrow afternoon for a track day on Monday. I'll look for it but I'm guessing it will be gone.

Btw congrats on the 2:05 flat. Really impressive driving. That time is no joke.

My best time at VIR with a 16 GT4 Clubsport (non MR) on street tires is 2:06.

Last edited:
Shoot for a 2:04. I had a theoretical 2:04.8. I also discovered afterwards that I didn't have my rear toe right (not enough rear toe-in). I bet it would put the power down even better now.

Shoot for a 2:04. I had a theoretical 2:04.8. I also discovered afterwards that I didn't have my rear toe right (not enough rear toe-in). I bet it would put the power down even better now.

I've done a 1:57 there with a Radical SR3, but that's a whole different thing. That's actually not a great time for that car. I'm a good driver not a great driver. I mostly race WRL and AER endurance format because I am very consistent and preserve the equipment, I'm not yet fast enough to do well in sprint races.

Monday will not be a good day for lap times. It will be in the 40s/50s and it will probably rain. If it does I will use it as wet weather practice in case it rains in Austin when I'm there in a couple of week for the final WRL race of the year.

All that aside, I'm still in awe that a stock manual rwd sedan can put down the time you did. @Mirza Grebovic and his team did an incredible job. I imagine the auto might have another second in it.

How much tow in? I typically run 0.125”

How much tow in? I typically run 0.125”
I wanted 2mm toe in each side but when I measured it after I got back from the track I had pretty much 0 toe. I should've known it wasn't right before I left because I could feel more side to side movement when accelerating. I suspect I was going from zero to toe out under compression.

I've done a 1:57 there with a Radical SR3, but that's a whole different thing. That's actually not a great time for that car. I'm a good driver not a great driver. I mostly race WRL and AER endurance format because I am very consistent and preserve the equipment, I'm not yet fast enough to do well in sprint races.

Monday will not be a good day for lap times. It will be in the 40s/50s and it will probably rain. If it does I will use it as wet weather practice in case it rains in Austin when I'm there in a couple of week for the final WRL race of the year.

All that aside, I'm still in awe that a stock manual rwd sedan can put down the time you did. @Mirza Grebovic and his team did an incredible job. I imagine the auto might have another second in it.

Yeah, forecast doesn't look great. Even if the track dries up be careful as if you go off track that wet grass will send you for a ride.

I've driven a few 1:55s there in my C7s but the car also is better than I am.

Welp, it rained in the morning but cleared out and became perfect track conditions in the afternoon. It resulted in doing my best times yet at that track. Consistently in the 2:04/05s and best lap of 2:03.xx. This was in a 718 Clubsport on Yokohama street tires. Gonna do slicks next time to see if I can break the 2 minute mark. Very happy. :)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back